No announcement yet.

Everything RAPTORS 2015 Trade Deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• go 10-0 and they are the best in the east now!

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
      Cousins is more turnover prone - true,

TO%
      DMC - 16.6%
      JV - 12.2%
      About 35% more of Cousin's touches result in him turning it over than JV's touches.

BUT

AST%
      DMC - 19.2%
      JV - 2.4%
      About 700% more of Cousins touches end in him assisting a team mates FG than JV's touches.

That is also something to consider.
      Very true.. not sure about the stats here but I'm pretty sure the majority of Cousins' turnovers come from bad passes and JV's are from post ups. I know for a fact that Cousins is one of the top 3 players in passes tipped. Will have to find the exact amount though.

Superjudge wrote: View Post
      Classic post. Get on those stats and start chattering away about how they are the same.... nevermind what you see on the floor.
      When did i say this? How do you think Cousins would fare IN THIS OFFENSE? That's what I'm asking. I'm aware that Cousins is an allstar.

Nevermind which player is an actual focal point for opposing defences.
      Never hit 50% shooting even when he wasn't the focal point of the offense. Still hasn't hit 50% even with Gay there. That's a big deal for big men. Especially big men in this system. We rely on efficiency from them.

This is what DC does. And it aint even close right now.
      Jesus, I know who Demarcus Cousins is. I've been watching him since his Kentucky days.

Comment

• then you should be dreaming of replacing JV with DC.

Period.

Next issue.... tdot.... Garnett or west???

Who you like on THIS team?

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
          we need a new rumour now.
          Not really a rumour, and I don't really see what he adds or who's minutes he takes, but from Kevin Pelton...

Brandon Bass | PF | Boston Celtics

If active trader Danny Ainge can get any assets for impending free agents Bass, small forward Tayshaun Prince and shooting guard Marcus Thornton (the latter two are more likely to be bought out than traded), Ainge will surely take them. However, it's tough to find a good fit for Bass. The Toronto Raptors, with a number of players on expiring contracts at the end of the bench, make the most sense.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Who I like? West. Garnett is done, man. Like, really done. My kinda-but-not-really-realistic dream is Batum though, even if I do recognize he would be a hard get.

Also, Cousins rumors are stupid. SAC is dumb, but they're not THAT dumb. The only way you trade a franchise player of Cousins' caliber is if he specifically asks out and/or becomes a huge problem internally. Everybody knows that. Cousins' is dissatisfied, but he said on the Simmons' interview he would still like to stay.

Wiggins rumors are even more stupid, because the guy's just a rookie and is showing great promise. The Wolves would never ever ever trade him for anything we have on our team.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
              then you should be dreaming of replacing JV with DC.

Period.

Next issue.... tdot.... Garnett or west???

Who you like on THIS team?
              West. Garrett's gonna hang em up after this season.

Comment

• GuiJaeger wrote: View Post
                Also, Cousins rumors are stupid. SAC is dumb, but they're not THAT dumb. The only way you trade a franchise player of Cousins' caliber is if he specifically asks out and/or becomes a huge problem internally. Everybody knows that. Cousins' is dissatisfied, but he said on the Simmons' interview he would still like to stay.
                Boogie in public will say all the right things. Boogie in private is a different matter, and Zach Lowe has said every team in the league is considering what their "Godfather offer" for Boogie is precisely because everybody thinks Boogie is unhappy. If Boogie is unhappy, Sacramento can get a wealth of resources in trade for him: he's young, insanely talented (despite people in this thread acting like he's overrated, which is just dumb), and locked up in his current contract through 2018, and despite being a max deal it's still an underpay given how good Boogie is. The one knock against Boogie is that he's got behaviour problems, but every other team in the league knows damn well he's spent his entire career in a franchise that was first run by cheapo malingerers (the Maloofs) and now is run by an owner who thinks he's discovered Secret Basketball Nobody Else Knows (Ranadive); every team is going to say "look, we're not idiots, we can make Boogie happy," and in fairness probably just playing somewhere other than basketball purgatory would do wonders for Boogie's mental outlook.

Philly and Boston have been stockpiling draft picks and young players precisely for a situation like this. Boston tried to get Kevin Love with it and failed, but that was only because Cleveland managed to make an even better offer (two consecutive #1 draft pick selections, at least one of whom was very likely to become a superstar, plus additional assets). That's probably not going to happen this time around, not least because Boston's young assets are worth more now (Olynyk and Sullinger in particular have increased in value) and because they have more picks they can trade.

If Boston comes to Sacramento and says "Olynyk, Sully, Marcus Thornton's expiring, the Clippers' 2015 first, rounder, Brooklyn's 2016 and 2018 firsts, the swap rights on Brooklyn's 2017 first rounder, and a bunch of second-rounders," and Boogie is genuinely unhappy and wants a trade? I think Sacramento does that deal without blinking.

Comment

• Just read that Luol Deng might be available. Heat could probably use a couple expiring contracts as well as a future pick, I assume they'll want to make another big splash in free agency this summer

Comment

• TdotRTZ wrote: View Post
                    Just read that Luol Deng might be available. Heat could probably use a couple expiring contracts as well as a future pick, I assume they'll want to make another big splash in free agency this summer
                    If he is available, take a stab at it.
                    Axel wrote:
                    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Here's the link to the Luol Deng "rumor" that I mentioned http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2015/02/d...tt-lawson.html

Miami is open to trading Luol Deng, according to Kyler, who suggests that the veteran small forward isn’t garnering the sort of interest it would take for him to be traded. Kyler also lists Norris Cole, Chris Andersen and Danny Granger as players the Heat are making available, which jibes with earlier reports on all three

Comment

• @magoon

I don't think they would do it. At least not without doing whatever they could to convince Boogie to stay first. Even when Love was unhappy, Timberwolves waited until the last possible moment (with only a year left in his contract) to deal him, and got a legit king's ransom for it. All the while trying to convince him to stay. To be fair to your point, the Wolves kinda lucked into that offer, as almost nobody expected the Cavs to have LeBron back and to have that #1 draft pick AGAIN. Probably Sacramento won't get anything near that offer.

But still, Love was unhappy for years, yet they held on to him as long as they could. Cousins is arguably a better player or at least around the same level, while being two years younger, and has a contract until 2017 which as you said is still an underpay. I would bet 9 times out of 10 that Sacramento tries to ride this out and convince him to stay even if he's unhappy, unless he goes public about it and starts creating problems.

Comment

• ^^
                          There's also a massive optics problem in Sacramento, which is why they accelerated the hiring process instead of waiting till the offseason. I really don't think they want any more angry fans after the debacle that was this season, and trading Boogie would probably make the fans tear the roof down.

Comment

• chris Bosh?

Comment

• Me and my wife (Cristina), we could live in Yukon Canada if needed be - trust me," Marc said with a smile. "We can get used to anything. Just like it was a big shock for us as a family to move from (Spain) to Memphis, we can make it anywhere. Anywhere in the world where we can live – Thailand, Japan.
                              Marc Gasol to the Raptors everybody!

I even talk to Cristina about it, like when I'm done playing in the NBA, I would like to travel the world and live in different cities just to know them, and learn a different culture, learn different languages. "I like the Patagonia in Argentina. Japan is a place that I would love to do for a good six months.
                              We have a Lithuanian, a Venezuelan, two Brazilians, and Dwane Casey coached in Japan. Plus we have the metric system and poutine. Marc clearly wants to be in Toronto.

Comment

• GuiJaeger wrote: View Post
                                @magoon

I don't think they would do it. At least not without doing whatever they could to convince Boogie to stay first. Even when Love was unhappy, Timberwolves waited until the last possible moment (with only a year left in his contract) to deal him, and got a legit king's ransom for it. All the while trying to convince him to stay. To be fair to your point, the Wolves kinda lucked into that offer, as almost nobody expected the Cavs to have LeBron back and to have that #1 draft pick AGAIN. Probably Sacramento won't get anything near that offer.

But still, Love was unhappy for years, yet they held on to him as long as they could. Cousins is arguably a better player or at least around the same level, while being two years younger, and has a contract until 2017 which as you said is still an underpay. I would bet 9 times out of 10 that Sacramento tries to ride this out and convince him to stay even if he's unhappy, unless he goes public about it and starts creating problems.
                                I don't disagree that Sacramento's best option, if it is realistic, is keeping Boogie. He's a game-changing player and there are maybe ten of those in the NBA at any given time, and of them he's the only true center and thus occupies the shallowest position in the league. (You might argue for shooting guard instead, but SG is a position that's mutating into something that's an extra wing or point guard, depending on a team's playstyle. Center is still the same.)

The question then becomes: is Boogie that unhappy? We don't know that. But if he IS unhappy and Sacramento can't fix it, they should trade him sooner rather than wait for his value to decrease, both for their own sake and his. Pete D'allessandro is the GM in Sacramento and he learned from Masai (when D'allessandro was Masai's assistant GM in Denver) that a superstar trade can pay out massive dividends.

Comment

Working...
                                X