No announcement yet.

Everything RAPTORS 2015 Trade Deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Toronto doesn't flip the expirings at the deadline, Toronto essentially gave up Hamilton, Whiteside and Cherry to carry Fields, Hayes and Steimsa all year. They also will have less payroll to use moving forward. Not making any deal is terrible roster management.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      What...are you trying to say with this post? That if he had a good attitude in a bad situation like Sacto it'd be a bad thing? I don't understand what you're trying to say.
      it seems as thou you fully understand what i'm trying to say, and that your questioning your understanding of the meaning of words ? rather you seem confused that I don't share the same opinion as you. Im saying even Kobe demanded a trade and displayed tons of poor behaviour, MJ would get into fights with his own teammates over matters of poor attitude heck the hall of fame is littered with players that at one point had what we would call poor attitudes. No one his age with his talent wants to play for a dysfunctional franchise that offers no real chance of winning, actions speak volumes for players, they are not dumb and they are well represented by intelligent people. you would find winning fixes most of these problems that we see in DC and of course every year he gets older helps as well.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
        If Toronto doesn't flip the expirings at the deadline, Toronto essentially gave up Hamilton, Whiteside and Cherry to carry Fields, Hayes and Steimsa all year. They also will have less payroll to use moving forward. Not making any deal is terrible roster management.
        Actually they'd have more cap room moving forward by not taking on any extra salary. More cap room to resign Amir and Lou, as well as extending JV and possibly Ross, as well as managing for the big 2016 free agent class

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          But just because he doesn't show his emotions doesn't mean he doesn't care.
          The guy that springs to mind is Tim Duncan. He looks very low-keyed out there, but has always been deadly. Now, if we could only say Ross were just as dangerous and just as effective.

But I'm dreaming. If the right trade comes along, I think Mr. Ujiri will take it. There are some intriguing possibilities, but making anything happen will be difficult.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
            I am generally 100% behind this, but I've been back and forth on Cousins this year. He definitely showed signs of maturity and leadership after signing his extension, and also under Malone, but the coaching turmoil has seriously messed him around. He hasn't dealt with it well, which also shows signs of mental fragility.

It's 50/50 to me whether he can be the centrepiece on a championship team.

That said, I think Kyle Lowry could be the Chauncey Billups to his Sheed. Amir would also be a good influence. And the main reason I think you do it is, as I said before, you maximize the value you're getting from JV (underutilized right now) via trade, hopefully setting up another push next year and springboarding us into 2016 free agency, which is probably our endgame. I don't think our roster is good enough to attract a KD right now. But a deep push with Lowry/Cousins/DD... maybe we get into the mix.

I would have preferred to see how JV did under a different coach but that is looking more and more like a pipe dream.
            It's always a tough call.

Comment

• Day One wrote: View Post
              it seems as thou you fully understand what i'm trying to say, and that your questioning your understanding of the meaning of words ? rather you seem confused that I don't share the same opinion as you. Im saying even Kobe demanded a trade and displayed tons of poor behaviour, MJ would get into fights with his own teammates over matters of poor attitude heck the hall of fame is littered with players that at one point had what we would call poor attitudes. No one his age with his talent wants to play for a dysfunctional franchise that offers no real chance of winning, actions speak volumes for players, they are not dumb and they are well represented by intelligent people. you would find winning fixes most of these problems that we see in DC and of course every year he gets older helps as well.
              No, I was actually just wondering if you were saying what you meant to say. Seemed like an odd statement because a good attitude is never really a bad thing. There's no reason you would think it's a bad thing for him to act with maturity, professionalism and a solid team-first approach, even on a losing team. That's a "part of the solution" attitude that's always welcome.

I also agree that a bad attitude can have as much to do with situation. But with a bad attitude in a bad situation it's really hard to read how correlated they are. Is this guy a guy who can be "part of the solution"? Or is his attitude part of the reason the situation is bad and will always lead to him being "part of the problem"?

Again, tough call.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                No, I was actually just wondering if you were saying what you meant to say. Seemed like an odd statement because a good attitude is never really a bad thing. There's no reason you would think it's a bad thing for him to act with maturity, professionalism and a solid team-first approach, even on a losing team. That's a "part of the solution" attitude that's always welcome.

I also agree that a bad attitude can have as much to do with situation. But with a bad attitude in a bad situation it's really hard to read how correlated they are. Is this guy a guy who can be "part of the solution"? Or is his attitude part of the reason the situation is bad and will always lead to him being "part of the problem"?

Again, tough call.
                ahhh yes i see what you are saying, very well put. ok my thoughts are coming from the state of mind that if he was on the raptors and all we gave up to get him was JV lol then the amount of winning our team would do would simply end any sort of negatives that could be put his way.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  I know. It's pretty funny right?

You ask any non Raps fans, you ask any NBA analyst. Who's better Drummond or JV. I bet 95% of them would say Drummond. It's not even close. Stop being a homer.

Vucevic is a 24 year old double double machine. 20/10 guy. He's a better player than JV too.
                  Drummond is not better than JV. All he can do is score on offensive rebounds. He routinely gets obliterated by other centres in the league on both ends (Including JV).

Vucevic is good at putting up meaningless numbers on a terrible team.

Comment

• Wow, this thread has been hijacked. Can we discuss possible deadline deals?

Comment

• The only mistake was Whiteside. Cherry - meh and though I liked Hamilton better than Ross, you could still pick him up.

Comment

• I would attempt some kind of trade for Wiggins regardless of the result.

Comment

• Profster wrote: View Post
                          I would attempt some kind of trade for Wiggins regardless of the result.
                          You guys. Stop. We could offer our entire squad for Wiggins and we probably wouldn't get him.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                            You guys. Stop. We could offer our entire squad for Wiggins and we probably wouldn't get him.
                            ohhhh but we will get him in the end.

Comment

• Day One wrote: View Post
                              ohhhh but we will get him in the end.
                              Just wait 8 years

Comment

• I think trading TRoss who is 23 yr old plus Hayes + fields for David West + Copeland makes sense. David West on a good night is 27 -28 minutes a night. Are we kicking Amir to the backup Center?

You may have throw a 1st round pick in 2016 in this deal, which I think is too much.

Comment

Working...
                                X