Should We Bring Amir Back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes.

I dont think there is a single player/coach in that room who does not like him...for many reasons.

That said there is always a price either way (the cap and competition from other teams for his services). MU will have to decide.

Comment

Amir is the glue guy can't miss. We could let Hans, Hayes, field go, but we can't afford to lose Amir with reasonable market price.

Other Raptors will understand if Amir sign with other team with 10mil(+), but they won't forgive MU if we let Amir go just for 5-6mil deal a year and it will kill the mood of whole locker room.

Lou (5.5M),Amir (7M),Hayes (6M),Field(8.5M),Camby (4M), also salary cap may goes up end of the season---lots of space for MU to add one more decent PF, and keep Lou, send Amir to become back up C.

Comment

I would love for Amir to come back.. but you can't have him and get a top tier free agent at the same time.

I've been watching Draymond Green and the Warriors quite a bit on Ballstreams, and I am intrigued. If the Raptors pursue him (and I don't think anything but a max offer would do it), then Amir would have to go.

What I would like to see is a GV trade at the deadline for an expiring contract (would have to be a PG/combo guard).. then using his salary to bring back Amir. Would then love to see Amir as our backup big.. A 4 main rotation of Green/Amir/JV/2Pat would be pretty lethal.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
          His ankle issues seem chronic to me, but Alex McKechnie and the Raptors organization know far more than I do.

He's been my favourite Raptor, but I've been a sports fan far too long to get too attached to any one player.

Love to see a much healthier Amir back, but the current Amir, not so much.
          I am at where you are at. Love his loyalty to the city. Sometimes doing what is best for the team is difficult. PF position continues to be somewhat of an issue for us. Depending upon his health and what other options there are available next offseason MU will have to decide If it is time to part ways. Last year in playoffs you could clearly see that his ankle was an issue.
          Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Feb 17, 2015, 01:57 AM. Reason: fixed the quotation error

Comment

Bring Amir back as the backup C next year.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
              Bring Amir back as the backup C next year.
              Does he have the size though?
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                Does he have the size though?
                "He's not very big below the waist"
                OG is our king

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
                  "He's not very big below the waist"
                  His legs only give him a standing height of 6'9, which isn't enough for a center.

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                    His legs only give him a standing height of 6'9, which isn't enough for a center.
                    even we have a C as tall as Yao Ming, Casey still put him on the bench at the last 5-10 mins.

Raptors looking for a C with "mobility" for reb. setup screen and defence only, and thats why 2patts could play #5 on some games instead of Hans.

Height is not the only factor to play #5, otherwise we sign Aaron Gray as a starter and send JV as back up will be no headache

Comment

Frynoodle wrote: View Post
                      even we have a C as tall as Yao Ming, Casey still put him on the bench at the last 5-10 mins.

Raptors looking for a C with "mobility" for reb. setup screen and defence only, and thats why 2patts could play #5 on some games instead of Hans.

Height is not the only factor to play #5, otherwise we sign Aaron Gray as a starter and send JV as back up will be no headache
                      2Pats is average at best as a defensive rebounder as a PF. At C every team will get multiple three point attempts per possession while Raptors will be one and done on every miss.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                        2Pats is average at best as a defensive rebounder as a PF. At C every team will get multiple three point attempts per possession while Raptors will be one and done on every miss.
                        It doesn't mean i want 2 patts play C, the fact is Raptors love to use big body against big body, when other team play small, then we play small.

if you worry about "one and done" issue, i think you better ask casey why let JV setting on the bench on most of the clutch time. As what i said, or greater then what i said, even we sign a young yao ming here, casey still not going use him for last 5 min, coz he worry about his legs may too slow to cover the area he wants. Amir is better than lots of back up C, and he played #5 as a raptors for long time already.

Amir as back up C: I don't see height is the big issue, but money does.

Comment

Frynoodle wrote: View Post
                          It doesn't mean i want 2 patts play C, the fact is Raptors love to use big body against big body, when other team play small, then we play small.

if you worry about "one and done" issue, i think you better ask casey why let JV setting on the bench on most of the clutch time. As what i said, or greater then what i said, even we sign a young yao ming here, casey still not going use him for last 5 min, coz he worry about his legs may too slow to cover the area he wants. Amir is better than lots of back up C, and he played #5 as a raptors for long time already.

Amir as back up C: I don't see height is the big issue, but money does.
                          Amir can be signed for the cheapest longest deal in Toronto. His best fit is here. Anywhere else he will use all or part of the MLE and probably be out for a significant part of a contract

Comment

Problem is, when you have ankle injuries, they never quite come back to as strong as what they used to be. 7 million is a bit too rich. The max I would offer is 3 years x 5 million.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                              Problem is, when you have ankle injuries, they never quite come back to as strong as what they used to be. 7 million is a bit too rich. The max I would offer is 3 years x 5 million.
                              That sounds about right especially given risk of losing him for extended period of time due to injury.

Comment

bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                                Would love to have him back at a good deal, but I have a feeling somebody is going to try and overpay him just a bit outside our comfort zone, Like, 9 million a year or something.
                                I concur, some teams may offer him a deal he cannot refuse; especially since this is his LAST BIG CONTRACT. Unless MU steals a page from SA and start to ask for player's discounts.

Comment

Working...
                                X