Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should We Bring Amir Back?

Amir is a FA this offseason.

I personally think that he should be brought back if it is a team-friendly deal.

He is a good, solid player, but I think 2Pat has eclipsed him, and Amir, if he comes back, should be coming off the bench.

He has tons of problems with injuries, and they won't go away, so he could be a risky signing.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Yes I believe we should bring him back. He is a big piece to what we have here and I think he would definitely want to remain here as well. A team friendly deal should not be difficult to strike, and I agree he should take a step back to the bench.

Comment

Would love to have him back at a good deal, but I have a feeling somebody is going to try and overpay him just a bit outside our comfort zone, Like, 9 million a year or something.

Comment

Or a contender will try to lure him away to shore up their big man rotation. Clippers, OKC, spurs Cavs, Warriors ... Everyone needs a team friendly big willing to do dirty work.
        Last edited by bryan colangelo; Fri Feb 13, 2015, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Amir should be a Raptor for life.

The only way I let him walk is if he asks for something outrageous. But given his love for the city and Masai's ability to get a team-friendly deal done with Kyle, I don't think that's going to happen. Even if he has to come off the bench for the next several years, Amir is the type of guy who embodies what we should be about.

Comment

I feel he should come back, but it all depends. Some team may offer him way too much cash...
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

His ankle issues seem chronic to me, but Alex McKechnie and the Raptors organization know far more than I do.

He's been my favourite Raptor, but I've been a sports fan far too long to get too attached to any one player.

Love to see a much healthier Amir back, but the current Amir, not so much.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Bring him back!

Unless some crazy team offers him a ridiculous contract.
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

We def should bring him back. Lou as well.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

I like Amir when healthy he is a high energy guy wh0 defends well. It all depends 0n h0w much he is willing t0 sign f0r and 0ur 0ther pr0spects at that time.

Comment

Even in his current condition I would opt for him over many other bigs.

Even of another another team offers more money, he can still choose to stay with us, no?

Comment

For less than 3 mil, yes. Would be a similar deal/situation with Nick Collison in OKC.

Also, is there any way he could fix up his ankles with surgery during the offseason?

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                          For less than 3 mil, yes. Would be a similar deal/situation with Nick Collison in OKC.

Also, is there any way he could fix up his ankles with surgery during the offseason?
                          Less than $3 million would be really insulting. That's less than half what we paid Greivis, and even hobbled Amir has twice the win shares of Greivis. Not to mention the cap is going up too, so that $3mm will look paltry.

Amir is also 7 years younger than Collision.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                            Less than $3 million would be really insulting. That's less than half what we paid Greivis, and even hobbled Amir has twice the win shares of Greivis. Not to mention the cap is going up too, so that $3mm will look paltry.

This is his 9th season in the NBA though, he has a lot of mileage on him.
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post

Don't compare Collison's deal as it was front loaded (I believe something like 12.5 mil first year -when they were under the cap).
                              I'd be OK with Amir for 3 years at 4-5 mil with a team option in year 4. Highly doubt anybody gives him more (esp considering questionable medical history). As for his health, in current situation (availability of younger 2Pat & even JJ), I see no reason for Casey to play him over 25 MPG.

Comment

Working...
                              X