No announcement yet.

Should We Bring Amir Back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Give him the udonis Haslem package 3/13.5 plus option of year 4 to bring the total 4/16 million.

Comment

I can't imagine Amir coming back for less than 6-7 million a year. All the players and coaches in the league know what he brings. He would get an offer of 6-7 mill with no problem, I would think.

Comment

I'm sure the doctors are well advising Masai on his condition and if the ankles situation is just going to get much worse then now in the short term then business wise it will not make sense to bring him back for the long haul.

Comment

no lol

Comment

I hate losing an asset for nothing. Resign him but eventually, something has to give we can't have 2 "average at best starters" at the 4 in the coming years.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

as Scraptor noted in "Amir's ankle," he apparently chose rehab over ankle surgery this past offseason. is surgery on the table again in the upcoming offseason? can the team insist, or make a new contract contingent on it? is surgery even advisable? if so, what's the prognosis, recovery time, etc.?

i would like to keep him if the contract and his health situation are reasonable.
              the original brow

Comment

Honestly..No.
                Reason,his played a ton of basketball for his age and is starting 2 break down,also his gonna be asking for 10-12 million,which is ridiculous,but that's the going rate(nba market),insane. Let him Go and use some of that money 2 go Sign Marc Gasol,that's what this team lacks,a dominate post player..Center. JV is alright,but he ain't the answer,sure his young,but Demar and Kyle aren't gonna b in there prime forever,time 2 act is now. I trade JV and T ross and get superstar sf player 2 complement the rest of the starting five,that's my take. As of right now,this team is 2nd round at best,not a championship caliber team.
                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                  Honestly..No.
                  Reason,his played a ton of basketball for his age and is starting 2 break down,also his gonna be asking for 10-12 million,which is ridiculous,but that's the going rate(nba market),insane. Let him Go and use some of that money 2 go Sign Marc Gasol,that's what this team lacks,a dominate post player..Center. JV is alright,but he ain't the answer,sure his young,but Demar and Kyle aren't gonna b in there prime forever,time 2 act is now. I trade JV and T ross and get superstar sf player 2 complement the rest of the starting five,that's my take. As of right now,this team is 2nd round at best,not a championship caliber team.
                  The time to act is not now. The time to act is when JV is 25-28 years old. Don't trade JV, you're not going to get a "superstar" SF anyways, and we have enough perimeter stars as it is. Just no.
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Amir does have wonky ankles and is in his 10th NBA season, but it's a misconception that he's "played a ton of basketball" as a couple of people have now claimed.

His first 2 years, he played Bruno minutes, his next 2, Hansbrough minutes. He totalled fewer minutes his 1st 6 years than Jonas has in 2 yrs+.

No one thinks Jonas played a ton of minutes last year, Only once has Amir played that many.

And despite his ankles, he's played 215 of the teams last 224 games the past 2+ seasons.
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3 year $15M deal would be my max offer. I love the way he plays, his heart and his passion for the city. But as we all know, it's a business and we have a trophy and some rings to win. I don't want to overpay him though, 'cause we could definitely use a star player at the PF position.

I'm not sure of any of the analytics, but I feel like a starting lineup of JV, PP, JJ, DD, KL would be the most beneficial to try out and hopefully stick with. They say without Ross in the SL the Raps can't stretch the floor enough... easy solution to that would be swap AJ and TR for PP and JJ. I really wish they'd put GV back in the 2nd unit... he could P'n'R with Amir or kick out to Ross or Lou. Pat has been playing solid ball for the last while and he could really break out if he was shown the confidence of the coaching staff by being given the starting role.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                        His ankle issues seem chronic to me, but Alex McKechnie and the Raptors organization know far more than I do.

He's been my favourite Raptor, but I've been a sports fan far too long to get too attached to any one player.

Love to see a much healthier Amir back, but the current Amir, not so much.
                        Bill Simmons asked Kyle Lowry about Amir & I think he framed the "AJ question" beautifully. Moreover, when asked whether the team should make a move @ the trade deadline Kyle said it's all up to Ujiri & the players can't worry about it. They're just going play their game.

Comment

3 years/$25 million.

Comment

Something like 7 or 8 million a year. Our offer to him has to be reasonable compared to 1. The new TV deal and other players such as GV and PP..Yessss I will bring him back. No doubt. He has been here as a warrior through the rough times. Times are better now so the organisation has a good chance to drop the loyalty and family card.

Comment

3 years/21 million.

7 million a year is about what I'd pay Amir at the most.
                              Axel wrote:
                              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

I'd much rather plan the future around JV...we dont need him to peak at the same time as DeRozan
                                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X