Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post deadline reaction: are you glad Masai stood pat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Masai can't make a big change right now. Too many unknowns about how good the team is, too much hype and promotion in the last year, and too much fallout for not seeing it through. We alll have opinions on what will happen, including Masai, but until the playoffs play out no one will be able to say what this team could be. Before any changes can be made you need to let this season play out. Masai owes that to players, coaches, and (most of) the fans.

The playoffs are going to tell where this team goes in the short and long term I think.
    Short term, sure, but I don't that's necessarily true for the long term (depending on the circumstances).

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Actually, Andrew Sharp put us in the losers column. And just a few weeks ago he wrote, "for some reason, I just can't bring myself to care about the Raptors". He really knows nothing about the teams approach or why Masai is doing what he's doing.
      Again, this is attacking the messenger and not the message. Just because he doesn't care about the Raptors doesn't mean he doesn't know what the Raptors are doing.

I'm fine with us doing nothing. I just think it's silly that any time anyone even slightly questions what we are doing, the immediate response is that that's a BC-move, don't you remember BC, Masai is not BC!!!

Like I said in my first post, the true measure of this trade deadline is what Masai does with our cap space this summer, because that's essentially what our expirings became.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        Sorry not confirmed yet.. just read the headline and not the contents of the article. My bad. Hope its not serious. So far people are saying its not.. which is really good.
        it would be nice is the raps said some well wishes during the game
        he was one of the best raptor we have ever had

Comment

• None of the proposals I heard appealed to me. I had ideas, but those were highly unlikely. Inaction was better than swinging and missing.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
            Again, this is attacking the messenger and not the message. Just because he doesn't care about the Raptors doesn't mean he doesn't know what the Raptors are doing.

I'm fine with us doing nothing. I just think it's silly that any time anyone even slightly questions what we are doing, the immediate response is that that's a BC-move, don't you remember BC, Masai is not BC!!!

Like I said in my first post, the true measure of this trade deadline is what Masai does with our cap space this summer, because that's essentially what our expirings became.
            No, it's really not. If we miss out in the summer, it doesn't make it worse that we stood pat. If he's unable to do something with the cap space, it doesn't mean he made a mistake by not trading the expirings, because we have no way of knowing if there was any meaningful trade to be made. Since none was made, we have to assume there was no move that made sense. In which case standing pat was the right decision, regardless of what happens with the summer moves.

Masai is looking to make a good long-term move. If there was none, he did the right thing. If he tries in the summer for one and misses, he'll have failed, but still taken the right approach. It wouldn't make the deadline a failure if he strikes out. And if he made a move that wasn't the kind he was looking for, then strikes out in the summer, doesn't mean he did the right thing just because he did something with the expirings since it does nothing for the long-term outlook of the team.

Comment

• meh, there were no trades.

not big news

Comment

• Crazy, never realized that Carter Williams is only 2 months younger than Brandon Knight.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                  Crazy, never realized that Carter Williams is only 2 months younger than Brandon Knight.
                  Got it backwards. Knight is actually 2 months younger than MCW.

Comment

• Apparently sixers are high on mudiay

Russell is a player too

If they get a top 4 pick they should get one of those 2

I am probably one of few people who like the trade for philly

I also like what Phoenix did too.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      Got it backwards. Knight is actually 2 months younger than MCW.
                      Hah Right .. definitely what I meant to say .. Lol Good catch. Makes the move even more questionable.
                      Last edited by Joey; Sat Feb 21, 2015, 11:31 PM.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                        Apparently sixers are high on mudiay

Russell is a player too

If they get a top 4 pick they should get one of those 2

I am probably one of few people who like the trade for philly

I also like what Phoenix did too.
                        Oh I think it was a brilliant move by Phoenix. Knight is like 6 years younger than Dragic. Has a lot of time to become the better player .. if he isn't already.

I'm more questioning Milwaukee's move .. but I guess it was purely financial. Getting MCW on the rookie scale vs having to pay Knight big money this offseason.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                          Oh I think it was a brilliant move by Phoenix. Knight is like 6 years younger than Dragic. Has a lot of time to become the better player .. if he isn't already.

I'm more questioning Milwaukee's move .. but I guess it was purely financial. Getting MCW on the rookie scale vs having to pay Knight big money this offseason.
                          I actually really like the move for MIL too. Get rid of the guy you would have had to pay 10 mil or more a year for the next four years, that plays mediocre D, and shoots first? I like Knight, but I don't think he fit well with that roster. Kidd's a vision and D kind of coach- doesn't exactly mesh with Knight.

With MCW, you have way more potential for way less money. A 6'6 triple double threat with actual good court vision? Paired with one of the best point guards of all time who managed to introduce a jump shot into his game? If he buys into what Kidd says (and I think he will) he has all-star potential. And on defense- those INSANELY long bucks just got even longer. MCW-Giannis-Middleton-Dudley-Henson sounds like a better/longer version of what Kidd did in brooklyn (fuck brooklyn) and the switch-all nets.

Plus, you get a guy with potential in Ennis, and an athletic C in Plumlee. Assuming that they didn't want to pay Knight that money, good move.
                          @Boymusic66

Comment

Working...
                          X