No announcement yet.

Game #59: Toronto Raptors 98 - New York Knicks 103

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm no NBA head coach but that was a game where they should've DOMINATED inside. But all they did the first 3 three quarters was shoot 3's. Absolutely disgusting to watch.

I mean, look at the Knicks frontcourt. Bargnani, Aldrich and Amundson. No one on that team can stop JV, or Amir or JJ inside. JV only touched the ball ONCE in the 1st half and that was the first possession of the game lol. He scored btw.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      I'm no NBA head coach but that was a game where they should've DOMINATED inside. But all they did the first 3 three quarters was shoot 3's. Absolutely disgusting to watch.

I mean, look at the Knicks frontcourt. Bargnani, Aldrich and Amundson. No one on that team can stop JV, or Amir or JJ inside. JV only touched the ball ONCE in the 1st half and that was the first possession of the game lol. He scored btw.
      Just have to look at what JV did in the second half to see what should have been in the first.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Just have to look at what JV did in the second half to see what should have been in the first.
        I am not in the "fire Casey" camp, but the team needs to get their collective heads screwed on straight, and play with some semblance of offensive strategy.

Comment

• One other thought I had about the game: when New York fields a squad of unfamiliar names, the players have little idea what to expect. It's like a baseball pitcher: certain guys you pitch low and away, others you feed curve balls, others fastballs with a change of pace for the third strike. If you do not know your opponent, it's harder to beat them.

Comment

• caccia wrote: View Post
            One other thought I had about the game: when New York fields a squad of unfamiliar names, the players have little idea what to expect. It's like a baseball pitcher: certain guys you pitch low and away, others you feed curve balls, others fastballs with a change of pace for the third strike. If you do not know your opponent, it's harder to beat them.
            And you just stated why Casey needs to go.

He doesn't adjust, he doesn't adapt.

The league knows what the team is going to do night in and night out without fail especially DeRozan.

Comment

• caccia wrote: View Post
              One other thought I had about the game: when New York fields a squad of unfamiliar names, the players have little idea what to expect. It's like a baseball pitcher: certain guys you pitch low and away, others you feed curve balls, others fastballs with a change of pace for the third strike. If you do not know your opponent, it's harder to beat them.
              I don't know how unfamiliar these players are though.

Bargnani - 9th year in the league.
              Amundson - 9th years
              Hardaway Jr - 2 years in the division
              Shved - 3 years
              Aldrich - 5th year

If you can't get it together to play this team then you need help. The scouting report shouldn't need to be more than "play well" to beat this group of 12-46 Knickerbockers.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                I don't know how unfamiliar these players are though.

Bargnani - 9th year in the league.
                Amundson - 9th years
                Hardaway Jr - 2 years in the division
                Shved - 3 years
                Aldrich - 5th year

If you can't get it together to play this team then you need help. The scouting report shouldn't need to be more than "play well" to beat this group of 12-46 Knickerbockers.
                Also during the regular season, your defensive and offensive system remains relatively un-changed, with only minor changes when you come across the Durants and LeBrons. This has been stated by players (ex Jalen) and coaches (ex Pop).

However, if your system is to weak to contain the Hardaway JR.s of the game, the system being used is broken.

Comment

Working...
                X