• Show
Clear All

thead wrote: View Post
    no idea how close you just came to in an infraction :P
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
      Only when they're contenders.

Destinations like NY, LA, or Miami will always get consideration. Cities with great traditions and good size like Chicago and Boston are on the next level unless they're currently terrible. Small markets and Toronto are at the end of the list - gotta be contenders.
      I liked this for the bolded, because its true.

But I don't agree Toronto is a "small market"... we're just a disadvantaged market ... Lol

Although, technically the OP did happen with Bennett...

Comment

JWash wrote: View Post
        Delon Double DeMar(re) Johnson & Johnson
        Sounds like the worst named Law firm ever ... Haha

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
          Yeah, some Italian team might want him.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
            Yeah, some Italian team might want him.
            Not even.

The Washington Generals, maybe.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
              I liked this for the bolded, because its true.

But I don't agree Toronto is a "small market"... we're just a disadvantaged market ... Lol

Although, technically the OP did happen with Bennett...
              I agree too - "small markets and Toronto" was meant to be two separate categories but maybe wasn't too clear.

I think the All-Star game helped, the Raps current success helps, and even Drake helps. That all raises the profile of the city in the mind of your average American NBA player - just not enough to compete with contenders and destination cities.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                I agree too - "small markets and Toronto" was meant to be two separate categories but maybe wasn't too clear.

I think the All-Star game helped, the Raps current success helps, and even Drake helps. That all raises the profile of the city in the mind of your average American NBA player - just not enough to compete with contenders and destination cities.
                and I think they would come here over places like Salt Lake City, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, etc...

Comment

peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
                  and I think they would come here over places like Salt Lake City, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, etc...
                  I think we've elevated to "mid market" now. Same tier as the Atlanta, indy when good, detroit, Houston. .

Forever and always behind new York, la Miami
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    I think we've elevated to "mid market" now. Same tier as the Atlanta, indy when good, detroit, Houston. .

Forever and always behind new York, la Miami
                    and even those 3 cities have had troubles as well with attracting FAs.

examples:
                    Knicks - now and Isiah's tenure.
                    Lakers - now and when they had a starting lineup that consisted of Kwame Brown, Chris Mihm, and Smush Parker.
                    Clippers - before they got Griffin
                    Miami - after their 15 win season.

I think the fact that Aldridge strongly considered us (we might have been his second choice, yup even over the Knicks) is definitely a good sign

Comment

• The Rockets and Ty Lawson are looking at a buyout. Honestly, on the right team he could really mess up a playoff race.
                      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Looks like Johnson's signing with the Heat. Fucking Pat Riley and his smooth talking man. The Heat have nothing going for them.

Comment

• Well we're not beating the Heat in the Playoffs if they get Joe Johnson.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                            Looks like Johnson's signing with the Heat. Fucking Pat Riley and his smooth talking man. The Heat have nothing going for them.
                            I'll take him signing with the Heat over Cleveland.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                              Well we're not beating the Heat in the Playoffs if they get Joe Johnson.
                              Without Bosh? We still beat them.
                              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Why would he sign with the heat. Fucking guy doesn't give a shit abt winning then.

Comment

Working...
                                X