No announcement yet.

2012 Draft Re-do by Fansided (SI.com)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always cheer myself up by knowing that Ross was a better pick than Rivers.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
      I remember on draft night so many raptors fans were pissed off that we didn't draft Rivers, looks like we dodged a huge bullet.

I wanted us to pick Harrison Barnes but when GSW took him at 7, I thought Drummond was the obvious pick and BC went off the board and took Ross. I was furious that night
      I was surprised by the number of people that wanted Rivers. Not to pat my own back, but I was calling him a bust going into the draft (undersized, un-athletic, inefficient volume scorer) and even I'm a bit surprised at how bad he's been. But he had lots of support going into the draft.

I also liked Barnes (after Lillard) for us but will be honest and say that I wasn't mad at passing on Drummond. Really didn't think he had the compete level and motor to make it on the big stage. Always seemed like a guy who was just content to be on the team rather than driven to dominate. Thought he'd be good due to his athleticism but didn't have him pegged to develop much.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
        I was surprised by the number of people that wanted Rivers. Not to pat my own back, but I was calling him a bust going into the draft (undersized, un-athletic, inefficient volume scorer) and even I'm a bit surprised at how bad he's been. But he had lots of support going into the draft.

I also liked Barnes (after Lillard) for us but will be honest and say that I wasn't mad at passing on Drummond. Really didn't think he had the compete level and motor to make it on the big stage. Always seemed like a guy who was just content to be on the team rather than driven to dominate. Thought he'd be good due to his athleticism but didn't have him pegged to develop much.
        I was angry at the fact we took Ross at 8, all the mock drafts had him going on the 15-20 range. We could've easily traded down and picked up another asset and still have Ross
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Has Ross been that much better than Rivers? From the few games I've seen Rivers play, he hasn't looked that terrible.

Comment

Jangles wrote: View Post
            Has Ross been that much better than Rivers? From the few games I've seen Rivers play, he hasn't looked that terrible.
            Rivers plays at the same level as Dwight Bikes
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Rivers plays at the same level as Dwight Bikes
              Which is probably on par with Ross' play this year

Comment

I was angry at the fact we took Ross at 8, all the mock drafts had him going on the 15-20 range. We could've easily traded down and picked up another asset and still have Ross
                I thought that line of thinking had been debunked, when BC said that he essentially had a deal in place to trade down, but heard that Houston would have taken him with one of their picks in the 10-14 range.

I really liked Davis, Beal, Barnes, Lillard and MKG, in that order. I also liked Marshall, Ross, Lamb and Jones as later picks. I had no interest in Waiters, Robinson, Drummond or Rivers. I was worried Drummond would be the next Kwame Brown type big, given all the questions surrounding his IQ/BBIQ, attitude and work ethic.

Comment

I thought it was a no brainer for Drummond when our pick came up, I wanted kawahi, then knight in 2011.
                  Imagine kawahi and Drummond as our future, or that we take jv and make the deal for harden. Maybe we then are able to get giannis because we don't get Kyle.
                  Damn alternate realities right lol

Comment

I really wanted to try and trade back for 2 picks if possible. I didn't like some of the highly touted names on the perimeter like Lamb and Rivers. Rivers especially, that guy had bust written all over him. If he wasn't Doc's son and/or didn't play at Duke, I'm not convinced he would've been drafted at all.

I also though was not sold on Drummond because of the stories about his motor/personality at that time. Since we had JV, I was not in any way eager to draft him. Didn't think he and JV could play together. Didn't like the idea of having to choose one if a trade came along that summer. And thought the value of one or both might decline if they had to share minutes at C.

I liked a few guys that I thought would be available in the teens, and Ross was one of them. Once Barnes went off the board, I hoped we would trade back, and Ross was my next favourite wing. At the time I really hoped we could convince Houston into giving us 16 and 18 used them to draft two of Ross, T. Jones, Perry Jones, Henson and Harkless.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      I really wanted to try and trade back for 2 picks if possible. I didn't like some of the highly touted names on the perimeter like Lamb and Rivers. Rivers especially, that guy had bust written all over him. If he wasn't Doc's son and/or didn't play at Duke, I'm not convinced he would've been drafted at all.

I also though was not sold on Drummond because of the stories about his motor/personality at that time. Since we had JV, I was not in any way eager to draft him. Didn't think he and JV could play together. Didn't like the idea of having to choose one if a trade came along that summer. And thought the value of one or both might decline if they had to share minutes at C.

I liked a few guys that I thought would be available in the teens, and Ross was one of them. Once Barnes went off the board, I hoped we would trade back, and Ross was my next favourite wing. At the time I really hoped we could convince Houston into giving us 16 and 18 used them to draft two of Ross, T. Jones, Perry Jones, Henson and Harkless.
                      In all honesty Drummond hasn't really developed at all since his rookie season. But I guess SVG will fix that in time.

Comment

Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                        In all honesty Drummond hasn't really developed at all since his rookie season. But I guess SVG will fix that in time.
                        I agree he hasn't developed, but the motor issues were definitely overstated. We'll see if SVG can help him become something more.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          I agree he hasn't developed, but the motor issues were definitely overstated. We'll see if SVG can help him become something more.
                          Even if he doesn't develop anymore at all, he's still a way better pick than Ross. 13pts 13reb 1.8blk in 30 minutes per game, above 20 PER in every season. He hasn't developed much because he was one of the best centers in the league right out of the gate. Are people upset with him that he's not averaging 20pts 20reb per game yet?

Comment

Working...
                          X