Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Lowry the reason that Big Val is ignored on the offensive end ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Lowry the reason that Big Val is ignored on the offensive end ?

I have bee monitoring the number of touches that J.V. gets when lowry is playing vs when he is not playing or he is not with the team. It seems like there is direct correlation. When Lowry in on the floor, J.V. barely gets the ball in the post !!!

This is not the case with G.V. or D.D. when they are playing with Big Val. Just a quick look at the stat sheets and this becomes so obvious. Basically, Lowry gets his shots by taking them away from J.V. ...

Is it time to think about who do we want to keep as our future PG ?
    Is it better to keep DD as a scoring SG and get a PG that actually looks at running pick and roll or looks inside for his big man ?

Don't get me wrong, lowry is a great player, he is just not a PG for a team with a great big man inside.

lol when we win Kyle Lowry #NBABalllot

when we lose Trade Lowry

The biggest problem we have is Casey doesnt give a shit about offense

If we had Greg Popvich as our coach Derozan, Lowry and JV would probably win Finals MVP

What we need to do is hire a coach like Mike Budenholze, Rick Carlisle, Tom Thibodeau, or Terry Scotts

with a coach similar to those or even one of those(highlyunlikly)

DeMar would be a 25/5/5 guy shooting 46%+
    JV would be a 18/11/2 guy
    TRoss would be a 3&D guy similar to Trevor Ariza
    Lou wont take the last shoot every quarter
    GV would be the BEST back up pg in the league
    Lowry would be December lowry
    Amir would have better ankles and a bench role similar to Taj Gibson
    2PAT would be our starting stretch four
    James Johnson would get atleast 24minutes a night

and oh yeah JV would play in the 4th
    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Maybe they figure he's too short to pass into the post or some bs? Also, anyone else feel like they never run pnr with Amir anymore

Comment

Shocking stat: the last time Lowry assisted on a JV field goal was the Dallas game (5 games without, in other words).

But Lowry was setting up J.V. a lot in the first couple months of the season, and every game he seemed to come in with the mindset of getting Valanciunas going, whether those resulted in assists or not. There's no question that's not happening right now, and it's a big part of the team's struggles. But I don't believe that it's something Lowry is incapable of doing, because he's worked well with J.V. in the past. It's not like Valanciunas needs some amazing PG to set him up... he just needs his teammates to actually pass him the ball when he gets position.

Comment

I don't have a statistic for this, but wasn't lowry the only guy feeding JV earlier in the season?

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
            I don't have a statistic for this, but wasn't lowry the only guy feeding JV earlier in the season?
            He pretty much was. I can't remember which game it was now but he gave an interview during the half of one game, specifically mentioning how much he plans to feed JV this year.
            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
              He was. All the way up until DeMar's return. Since then, Lowry has acted like JV has dropped off the face of the planet. And you can't blame DeMar returning for why that's happened, because as you said...Lowry at the beginning of the season (before DeMar's injury) was making a point to get JV involved.

I don't know what made him stop. But I know the coaching staff has some influence on JV's touches because just look at the Cleveland game. It was obvious from the start that JV was a point of emphasis and he finished with 17 shots. That doesn't just happen because the players woke up deciding they wanted to give it to JV. The coaches definitely said something...why they don't want to play that way every game is the mystery.

Comment

There is a hierarchy within this team.

Lowry at the top and his job is to feed those who below him. And there is a few players that are higher up in the hierarchy than JV. When certain players are not playing, JV moves up in the hierarchy. when they return, he obviously goes down the list.

It has nothing to do with the players themselves. It has everything to do with the "roles" the coaching staff assign players to act accordingly.

Some players are thought to be "scorers" despite their efficiency. Hence they get the first bite before they feed the next one up (JV).

old schcool coaches believe in their philosophy and react to changes instead of being proactive. i just hope it doesnt hurt us in the playoffs.
                Last edited by ball4life; Sun Mar 8, 2015, 05:24 AM.

Comment

DDelight wrote: View Post
                  He was. All the way up until DeMar's return. Since then, Lowry has acted like JV has dropped off the face of the planet. And you can't blame DeMar returning for why that's happened, because as you said...Lowry at the beginning of the season (before DeMar's injury) was making a point to get JV involved.

I don't know what made him stop. But I know the coaching staff has some influence on JV's touches because just look at the Cleveland game. It was obvious from the start that JV was a point of emphasis and he finished with 17 shots. That doesn't just happen because the players woke up deciding they wanted to give it to JV. The coaches definitely said something...why they don't want to play that way every game is the mystery.
                  When DD came back there was a concerted effort to get him the ball to help him get back into the flow of games as quickly as possible. Who Lowry feeds is also a result of Casey's game plan, when he has determined that certain matchups are i the Raps favour. So different players are emphasized.

Comment

It is not Lowry alone.

It is not JV alone.

The entire backcourt is equally to blame for the lack of involvement with the bigs.

Every single guard on the team has, overall, become a black hole.

There are specific instances where every player can be said they get it to the bigs. But overall, looking at the season as a whole, the backcourt are a group of chuckers.

No matter how you slice it the responsibility falls back to Casey. It would appear this is the game plan, therefore that is on him. If it is not the gameplan, then he has no accountability with the backcourt and the inmates are running the asylum. Either way, that falls on Casey.

Comment

I cannot recall which game it was but when dd was out kyle set Jonas up for numerous touches. I think to be more versatile in our offense we do need an inside outside game. Look how effective big Al Jefferson was with charlotte points plus 5 assists I think. This is crucial to Jonas development and the teams success is that we can have that kinda presence in not only scoring in the post but kicking it back out when the double team comes. He is still young and this can happen.

Comment

First of all. It WILL HURT us in the Poffs.
                        2nd: I am under the impression that I'm watching Rudy Gay again
                        3rd: It's not Lowry's fault. It's something they could work on, but since the coaching staff don,t practice OFFENSE, it's hard to do things consistently well at that end of the floor. So they may feed JV every now and then, but that's about it.

ball4life wrote: View Post
                        There is a hierarchy within this team.

Lowry at the top and his job is to feed those who below him. And there is a few players that are higher up in the hierarchy than JV. When certain players are not playing, JV moves up in the hierarchy. when they return, he obviously goes down the list.

It has nothing to do with the players themselves. It has everything to do with the "roles" the coaching staff assign players to act accordingly.

Some players are thought to be "scorers" despite their efficiency. Hence they get the first bite before they feed the next one up (JV).

old schcool coaches believe in their philosophy and react to changes instead of being proactive. i just hope it doesnt hurt us in the playoffs.

Comment

distorsun wrote: View Post
                          3rd: It's not Lowry's fault. It's something they could work on, but since the coaching staff don,t practice OFFENSE, it's hard to do things consistently well at that end of the floor. So they may feed JV every now and then, but that's about it.
                          Offence isn't the problem. In case you haven't noticed yet, even through this slump we've been in, our offence is still ranked 2nd in the nba. It may not be the prettiest type of basketball but you can't argue with the analytical of it.

What needs help is the defence. It's utter shit. If that's what they do during practice, that's totally fine ! It needs major work.
                          I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                            Offence isn't the problem. In case you haven't noticed yet, even through this slump we've been in, our offence is still ranked 2nd in the nba. It may not be the prettiest type of basketball but you can't argue with the analytical of it.

What needs help is the defence. It's utter shit. If that's what they do during practice, that's totally fine ! It needs major work.
                            Dude, we've fallen to 4th in ORTG. Where'd you get the 2nd in the NBA thing?

Comment

Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                              Dude, we've fallen to 4th in ORTG. Where'd you get the 2nd in the NBA thing?
                              My bad should've included it in the post.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...5_ratings.html
                              Click on the ortg tab at the top of the table
                              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Working...
                              X