No announcement yet.

The Bright Side of Losing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately, there is nothing beautiful about losing.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
      i haven't even watched a raptors game in the past couple weeks its been so depressing
      Same. To start, this was one of the first years where I watched the Raps almost exclusively - always been a pretty big League Pass guy, but it was so much fun watching TO win. It's not losing or tough stretches that bother me so much as just watching shitty basketball. As a fan of the sport, it's beautiful basketball that gets me out of my seat. Been watching more Golden State lately and just certain quarters of some of these Raps losses.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

The Bright Side of Losing

Other Scott wrote: View Post
        A little misleading, since the Raps had a good net rating cushion on Washington pre-January 16th. So even though the Raptors have fallen further, they are still a better team.

Also, schedule has been pretty brutal. Not saying they are playing at the level they should, but I don't think they're suddenly a lottery team either.
        Fuck the "brutal schedule" excuse. We still lost to the Knicks, Charlotte with no kemba and Pelicans without AD or even a starting lineup for gods sake.

Last year at least there were some memorable accolades. We nearly swept OKC (whereas this year we couldn't even do it despite KD not playing in both games).

We actually beat the Warriors. we swept Memphis and Dallas. This year the only time we beat any of these teams was when Memphis was missing 1000 players and we didn't even beat Dallas once.

This team HAS turned into a lottery team. We can't even beat the teams were "supposed" to beat anymore and we get completely blown out by the elite teams, something that rarely happened last year.

Not to mention all the multiple losing streaks!

Comment

At this rate we are losing to Atlanta Hawks in the first round. HA!
          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Whether this losing streak is a function of the schedule can be easily tested by just watching what they do the rest of the way. They've got the easiest schedule the rest of the way in the entire league - if they play 11-7 or better, they can still set a franchise record for wins, and it should be well within reach. If we see .500 ball or worse to finish the season, I won't be feeling to great about the playoffs no matter who the opponent is.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Anyone consider that Kyle Lowry really wants to face either Paul Pierce or Jason Kidd in the first round this year?

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                Same. To start, this was one of the first years where I watched the Raps almost exclusively - always been a pretty big League Pass guy, but it was so much fun watching TO win. It's not losing or tough stretches that bother me so much as just watching shitty basketball. As a fan of the sport, it's beautiful basketball that gets me out of my seat. Been watching more Golden State lately and just certain quarters of some of these Raps losses.
                lol I love fans like this. "Raptors had a good 3rd quarter so I watched the 3rd quarter then turned it off"

There through the thick and thin, I tell ya!
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                X