Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do jump shooting teams fare worse in the playoffs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would Golden State be considered a good jump shooting team in the sense of taking a good shot, or is it just that they are ridiculously good at making good or bad shots?

Comment

Have you looked at, or taken into consideration, the shot distribution? Eg. is there a difference between how many shots a team takes from outside a certain distance vs inside a certain distance? Maybe compare that stat vs. regular season tendencies?

Like others have said here; it's not that jumpshots themselves are bad, but what type of shots are they and how many are taken that is important too.

Comment

Right, because recent champions like the Heat, Celtics, and Lakers were full of modest, humble wallflowers.

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
          Right, because recent champions like the Heat, Celtics, and Lakers were full of modest, humble wallflowers.
          Argh, intended as a response to peanutwoozles post.

Comment

High five for the effort, but unfortunately very limited in terms of usefulness. Unfortunately, I think it's virtually impossible, to draw meaningful conclusions unless your working with play tracking data, which we don't really have access to.
            "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
            X