• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jangles wrote: View Post
    I think Larry Drew is available
    Pass.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Fire Casey. Promote an assistant as interim for rest of season.

Next season, look into someone like Thibs, Messina or someone from the College Basketball world or International world that has experienced winning like Ollie.
      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
        Actually, from what I've read on r/nba from GSW fans, Luke hasn't been a great in-game tactician; luckily for him, the system is already in place and he has the one of the most talented teams in the league.

I don't doubt that he has a lot bball IQ though.
        From a very small sample size, he doesn't add much but he doesn't hurt either. He just lets Curry and the starters play. He uses his bench well, it would be really easy just to run down his starters for wins

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
          Fire Casey. Promote an assistant as interim for rest of season.

Next season, look into someone like Thibs, Messina or someone from the College Basketball world or International world that has experienced winning like Ollie.
          I still wonder if obradovic might have any desire to jump over here. He's such a good coach.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
            Thibs would definitely be an upgrade . DD wouldn't be get the kid glove treatment DC gives him.
            If Rap just make a coaching change Thibs is a good choice. If they decide to regroup and get younger Thibs is the wrong choice.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              I still wonder if obradovic might have any desire to jump over here. He's such a good coach.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Yeah, he was my first choice to replace Casey if Casey was fired over the summer. Can't believe we passed up on that this summer while he wasn't under contract. I haven't been able to find out if his current contract has an NBA buyout clause, but I'm pretty sure I read that his previous one did. Probably can't buy him out during the season. We'd need to wait until next summer. Fire Casey, let Nurse implement some of the schemes that Obradovic and the Spurs system have in common, see who excels and who struggles in them, and then bring over Obradovic in the summer with Nurse as the lead assistant.

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
                I think Larry Drew is available
                Larry Drew is actually significantly worse than Casey.

Comment

• http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2015/...ith-the-enemy/

Quinn Snyder is the type of coach Raptors need. Not a great X-O guy like Thibs or Carlisle but terrific developer of young players. IMHO Popovich isnt a great X-O guy either but will win a ton of rings over a decade.

Comment

• anyone else see this?

http://www.thescore.com/news/886569

Comment

• Ime Udoka

He's my number 1

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                        Ime Udoka

He's my number 1
                        Not experienced enough for my taste, he's barely been an assistant. But if Masai thinks he's the right guy, so be it. Anyone but Casey.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                          Not experienced enough for my taste, he's barely been an assistant. But if Masai thinks he's the right guy, so be it. Anyone but Casey.
                          Experience doesn't mean jack. I hate that. Plenty of the current NBA coaches that are good, are "inexperienced"

Apparently he is a very good teacher.

Pop has often praised him and has said when he is struggling to explain something he gets Ime to go do it.

A good teacher that has indepth knowledge of Spurs ball

Ya

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                            Casey is experienced, has a championship ring (While riding on Carlisle's and Dirk's shoulders of course), but he is still a terrible coach.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                              Nice read. This stood out:
                              "This isn't anything new. The Raptors were 29-11 in games decided by 10 or more points last season, but just 20-22 in games decided by single digits. The year previous, they were 24-6 and 24-28 in such games, respectively."

That's a pretty good counter to the "Casey is good at a lot of things, he's just got a couple of weaknesses, like a lot of other NBA coaches." That's true, but Casey's weaknesses + this roster = a bad combination. Winning % falls off a cliff in tight games? Good luck in the playoffs.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                                Nice read. This stood out:
                                "This isn't anything new. The Raptors were 29-11 in games decided by 10 or more points last season, but just 20-22 in games decided by single digits. The year previous, they were 24-6 and 24-28 in such games, respectively."

That's a pretty good counter to the "Casey is good at a lot of things, he's just got a couple of weaknesses, like a lot of other NBA coaches." That's true, but Casey's weaknesses + this roster = a bad combination. Winning % falls off a cliff in tight games? Good luck in the playoffs.
                                We've seen so many blunders in late game situations it's almost a joke, from not fouling when the lack of time demanded it, failing to inbound balls, drawing up a play on the wrong side of the floor, sending players into ridiculous positions, etc etc etc.

That's been going on since year one, and hasn't improved.

Over Casey's tenure the team improved enough to beat up on weak eastern teams, which is why we had so many blowouts. But now that the east seems to be much more competitive, we are likely to be in dogfights every night. Our record will soon reflect that.

The interesting thing to me is, when the next winning streak comes, will people gloss over the inadequacies yet again and point to our recent success? Because that's how it always seems to shake out.

Comment

Working...
                                X