Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patching our Biggest Need: Is it at the 3 or the 4 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let Hansbrough, Fields, Hayes, Stiemsma, Lou Williams walk, bring back Amir.

Sign DeMarre Carroll, Ed Davis, and a vet PG that wants to win, and doesn't mind playing short minutes.

Starters:

Lowry
    DeRozan
    Carroll
    Amir
    Jonas

Bench:

Greivis
    Ross
    James Johnson
    Patterson
    Ed Davis
    Vet PG (Mo Williams/Jameer Nelson?)
    BeBe
    Bruno
    Draft Pick (any position, draft on talent)
    Wing depth/big depth depending on draft pick.

I don't understand why we wouldn't resign Amir. He probably won't demand a big contract, and he'll play off the bench if asked. He's really important for team chemistry, and it also looks poorly on management if they dump him, especially if he signs cheap somewhere else. Amir stays.

The SF position is the most glaring weakness. Ross is not a SF. We start someone at SF who is not a SF. I don't see how much more obvious it could be that we need a starting SF.

Whenever we face an LBJ/Joe Johnson/Carmelo, Ross switches off and DeMar takes the assignment. Sure, Ross will start the game trying to guard them, but eventually Casey always moves our SG over to guard the opposing SF. How telling is that? There are always going to be bad match ups with Ross starting at SF. We need more size there.

I know people love JJ, but he's not a starter, especially not with our starters. Good bench player, but not a starter. He can't shoot, he makes poor decisions, and holds the ball too much for no reason when he should move it. He can guard multiple positions, so he's useful, but you don't want to have to play him 30 minutes when LBJ comes to town.

We need a starter that can match up against big wings. Draymond would be ideal, but hard to get. DeMarre is a nice under the radar pick up that's been very successful this year. Thad Young could be an option if he opts out, though he might prefer to be a free agent in 2016. Kyle Singler might be a good buy low option, though isn't proven defensively.

Ed Davis can play at the 4 and back up the 5. He is well liked in the organization. Also, if Amir's minutes are limited (which they should be), Ed can pick up the slack. I'm all in on replacing Hansbrough with Ed Davis.
    Last edited by OakTree; Thu Mar 19, 2015, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Voting Results:

Small Forward 10 - 35.71%
      Power Forward 20 - 71.43%

Total: 30 votes - 107.14%

Comment

KL, JV, Bebe, Bruno, Ross, Hayes, JJ, Patterson, Amir

Those are the only guys who deserve to be here next season. Fuck C****, Fuck D******, Fuck L**, Fuck V******

And our biggest need is a system.

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
          This is what I want to occur in the offseason myself. I think most people would be happy with this.

1. Bring back TH, LF & CH. Let Amir, Lou and Steamer go.

2. Sign Carroll. Veteran guy whose proven. This moves Ross to the 2 and JJ to the 4.

3. Bring in a PF in the draft.

4. Invite Daniels to SL to compete with Bruno & Fields for backup 3 playing time.

Rotations next year:

KL
          DD
          DC
          PP
          JV

Bench:
          GV
          TR
          LF/DeAD/BC
          TH/JJ/??
          LN/CH

THat's not bad line-up. Maybe bring back De Colo too?
          That's a great line-up. If our goal is to miss the playoffs that is.

No to Hans, no to JJ predominantly being a 4, no to Chuck getting any minutes, and absolute flat out NO CHANCE to Landry.

Comment

OakTree wrote: View Post
            Voting Results:

Small Forward 10 - 35.71%
            Power Forward 20 - 71.43%

Total: 30 votes - 107.14%

Poll was set up to take mulitple votes. I guess someone disagrees with themselves and has voted twice in a binary question.

That or the calculator module used here was stolen from Kathleen Wynnes finance department where nothing has to add up :-)
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

SG by a mile.

PP-JV-JJ-??-KL

Comment

Patching our biggest need: Fire Casey
                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
                X