X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Superjudge wrote: View Post
    he was.... now he is a floppy penis.

hahaha

I was thinking though.... maybe having real stress in his life with a new baby will help him grow up a bit. Less whining and flailing, more manning up and balling.

Worked for Lowry.
    I agree, he is the biggest pussy to ever wear Raps uniform
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

coaching has little to do with anything in FA talks. Its more about the location, winningness of the team, and the players role.

If a player was getting paid a mill to play in toronto under casey where his role is first guy off the bench or under pop where hes like the 10th guy where he might rack up a bunch of DNPCD. I think hed pick Toronto.

It totally depends on role and winning and location. And casey is also said to be a players coach, which means players love him. AAnd at the end of the day, that does not sound like a detrement to me.
      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Everything plays the role for FAs especially if they consider Toronto.
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

I'm not sure if he's a deterrent but he's probably the cause of famine and cancer.
          Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Yeah I mean NBA players don't follow the Raptors as closely as us and the general consensus before this slide around the NBA media was that Casey is a great coach so that's probably what the players around the league think also.

Comment

Casey won't be here next year so this conversation is irrelevant.
              Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
              Because its 2015

Comment

Opposite players scout the Raptors before they play them. That's it. I dont think any players around the league know about Casey as well as we do or have the same opinion. Players aren't taking time out of their days to evaluate Dwayne Casey.
                So, no.
                You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                  With all the talk on here of the problems the team is experiencing, and possible upgrades at various positions as well as issues with the coach (staff?), it got me wondering if having Casey as a head coach would be a factor in preventing FA's from signing here this summer? Given the ISO heavy guard oriented offence and what appears to be a lack of proper utilization of our bigs, a defense first coach that has his team in the bottom 10 on defence, and that our play seems unsustainable and very vulnerable to top defences, I imagine that this would play a major factor for any FA's that may consider TO a destination this summer.

Any thoughts on potential FA's dismissing us due to our coach?
                  Nope.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

I'm surprised by the resounding no's. I would imagine the coach would be important to players when choosing a new team.

Comment

I imagine that there's only a few instances where it really matters to players: a guy who feels he's currently undervalued and wants a short-term contract, with decent minutes and opportunity for stats, to boost up his value. But in most cases, it's going to be a distant factor behind money, market, other players, and GM's vision.

Comment

No Sir, guys will NOT play in Nunavut. You are mistaken.

Actually, I'd take this even further.

Forget about Canada. Forget about the NBA. Guys will even opt-out of the NBA entirely if the money's there in another league. The WHA poached the top NHL players (Hull, Keon, even Gretzky and Messier) to backwoods outposts. Both the USFL and CFL poached top NFL stars and draftees.

Just wait until Lebron and his boys decide to start their own league to compete with the NBA. Point being, top athletes (and their agents) have always chased top dollar, when it's been waved in front of them. China, maybe?
                        Last edited by golden; Tue Mar 17, 2015, 03:04 PM.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                          I think any negative about a franchise would be a deterrent to signing a free agent.

So yes, Casey would be a deterrent as there is no question, in my mind at least, that Casey is a negative on this team at its current place in its build.

However, no franchise is perfect and hopefully the sum of Toronto's positives far outweigh the negatives when it comes to signing free agents.

Hopefully Casey is canned within 48-72 hours of the Raptors season concluding.
                          Matt I could not agree with you more re the canning of DC. MU really needs to be decisive in this regard. Not waiting but acting.

Comment

No Sir, guys will NOT play in Nunavut. You are mistaken.

Maybe not necessarily Nunavut but soccer players go play in the boring and remote desert of Qatar or Saudi Arabia all the time, because they get paid exorbitant amounts. I think if you threw hardcore money at people they'd go anywhere
                            A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                              Maybe not necessarily Nunavut but soccer players go play in the boring and remote desert of Qatar or Saudi Arabia all the time, because they get paid exorbitant amounts. I think if you threw hardcore money at people they'd go anywhere
                              Why else would any Premiership star come to play in the MLS?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                Why else would any Premiership star come to play in the MLS?
                                Boats and hoes baby
                                A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Working...
                                X