Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you think we should drop/trade to fix our logjam??? (SG)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Axel wrote: View Post
    There is a pretty big leap in the logic train in this....so I'm just gonna go with this:

I'm gonna like this just for that picture.
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
      Read up. Fields has been working on a shot with his left hand for quite some time now. If that shot doesn't work, he'd be driving to the basket more, meaning he'd get fouled more often.

A lot of people want JJ at the 4. I agree with this even though I like him as a 3 too, but with our prospects coming up, playing him at the 4 makes more sense.

Comment

Read up. Fields has been working on a shot with his left hand for quite some time now. If that shot doesn't work, he'd be driving to the basket more, meaning he'd get fouled more often.

A lot of people want JJ at the 4. I agree with this even though I like him as a 3 too, but with our prospects coming up, playing him at the 4 makes more sense.
        I'm gonna like this just for that picture.
        Ok, let me lay out in actual words then.

If Landry can't shoot (which he can't), then defences aren't going to be up on him when he has the ball, and the driving lanes won't exist. Without at least the threat of a potential shot, Fields will (continue) to be left alone on the perimeter. He isn't enough of an athlete to create driving lanes with speed/footwork.

If he can't drive, he won't get fouled as much as flail his arms into the waiting defender, for either a turnover or an offensive foul.

I mean, if getting to the free throw line and driving the basket was just as easy as making the decision to not shoot, every player would be driving every play. FT's are the highest % shot, plus the added bonus of getting your opponent into foul trouble makes them the ultimate offensive weapon. Your oversimplification is beyond words; hence the picture.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

One drop right now?

GV

Play lou as the backup point guard, let the minutes at 2 exist between DD/Ross and open more time for JJ at the 3.

In the offseason:

Purge the end of the bench, bring back Hayes on a vet minimum for the experience/knowledge and the fact that the team respects and goes to him.

Let Amir walk, unless he comes back for a VERY good price.

Let Lou walk, unless he comes back for a VERY good price.

Extend JV for a DD price if you can.

Decide if you want Ross in your rotation over the next couple years, trade him away.

Move Bebe into Jv's/Pf backup, move bruno into sf/pf 2nd/3rd string option . Evaluate Daniels and see if he deserves a roll in the NBA.

Look for upgrades at the 3/4.

Find a coach who will be willing to try to center the team around #1-JV/Lowry #2-DD. If DD has issues being a second fiddle then find a new home for him. Still think he is a true all-star who has a lot to offer this team in a Robin to your Batman role.

Rotation looks like:

Klow/ (Draft a PG?)
          DD/ (Lou/Ross keep one)
          JJ/Bruno
          PP/(Bebe or Bruno)
          JV/Bebe

If you can get an upgrade in FA at either SF or PF that makes sense down the road then you do it and bump everyone down a step. Also if you can get a good trade with ross maybe you move the rotation a bit.

Fill the end of the bench with Daniels, A vet, maybe a long shot or two. No Steamer types.

You'll lose some wins now but I think that could be a winning team in the east still if coached to their strengths. It has a higher ceiling then the team does now

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
            Ok, let me lay out in actual words then.

If Landry can't shoot (which he can't), then defences aren't going to be up on him when he has the ball, and the driving lanes won't exist. Without at least the threat of a potential shot, Fields will (continue) to be left alone on the perimeter. He isn't enough of an athlete to create driving lanes with speed/footwork.

If he can't drive, he won't get fouled as much as flail his arms into the waiting defender, for either a turnover or an offensive foul.

I mean, if getting to the free throw line and driving the basket was just as easy as making the decision to not shoot, every player would be driving every play. FT's are the highest % shot, plus the added bonus of getting your opponent into foul trouble makes them the ultimate offensive weapon. Your oversimplification is beyond words; hence the picture.
            Only thing is we don't know how his shot with his left hand is, now do we?

Otherwise I'd agree entirely with this post. I mean, I play basketball (I'm a PG myself.). I know what it takes to get to the foul line. I feel Fields won't shoot much anyways when he does play. I'd rather use him as a playmaker.
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Otherwise I'd agree entirely with this post. I mean, I play basketball (I'm a PG myself.). I know what it takes to get to the foul line. I feel Fields won't shoot much anyways when he does play. I'd rather use him as a playmaker.
              But why use him when you have better options? Just cause someone is good doesn't mean that you shouldn't use the guy that is better

Comment

Still, that's a pretty big leap of faith. The guy reached the NBA, which is pretty long shot odds to begin with, by playing with his right hand. To change shooting hands isn't likely to be successful at this level.

I like Fields, he is a smart player who cuts and passes, but he will never be a scorer or get to the line at a respectable rate.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

How is this even being debated? As someone pointed out, Landry will be lucky to be in the NBA next season.

Comment

With DD at SG, this position is the last of our concerns.

SF: We really don't have anyone that one can consider a starting caliber SF in the league.
                    PF: Our PF, Amir, is playing on one ankle. We need an upgrade in this position.
                    Back up C: Behind Big Val, we have no one that can consistently give us any useful minute in that position.

so lets address SF, PF and back up C first and then worry about SG which is one of the few bright spots on this team in comparison to the other positions.

Comment

There wouldn't be a logjam if greivis was getting 12-15 min as STRICTLY a backup to lowry. Unfortunately coaching is ego stroking as much as anything and casey has no backbone so he has to find a way to get our resident pylon 20 plus minutes..
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I wonder if Houston has interest in Vasquez?

They have a lot of desirable assets (players and picks).

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                          whats the point of even mentioning fields. hes obviously gonna be gone next season.
                          True. But he can play defence and given our horrible defence I believe he deserves a look prior to the playoffs.

Comment

Who should we drop to fix our logjam? Casey.
                            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

I am a huge Landry fan, and think he can be effective even with a broken shot. However, with the addition of James Johnson there really isn't anything that Landry brings that Johnson doesn't. In the past Johnson was a minus on offense because he'd take bad shots. That hasn't been the case this year, and his cutting/driving/post ups have been VERY effective. I just don't see the point of having both those guys, as we currently are having an issue finding time for either of them.

On top of that, there's no way you can expect Fields to develop a reliable shot with his off hand. The possibility that he can exists but it's ridiculously small. You have to work with the Fields you've got, not the one you hope you get. The fields we've got is a useful player, but there are better options (specifically JJ).

Not to turn this into a #firecasey thread, but based on this season so far, I think he has real limitations (play calling/set plays out of timeouts/rotation mgmt/game planning) that are going to get really exposed in the playoffs. We need a coaching upgrade in the off season more than anything else.

BACK to the OP
                              I think it comes down to one of Lou or Vasquez. I haven't given up on Ross as a productive back-up SG. Let Lou walk in the off-season, or if you are keen to bring him back then trade Vasquez for whatever you can get for him. I don't really like the idea of a second guard line of Vasquez-Williams.
                              "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                                True. But he can play defence and given our horrible defence I believe he deserves a look prior to the playoffs.
                                No he doesn't. James Johnson does.

Comment

Working...
                                X