When should Casey be fired ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

distorsun wrote: View Post
    The next coach will have a LOT OF WORK. Casey has implemented TERRIBLE habits for the team in terms of systems.
    All this HAS to be broken and a lot of teaching will have to be done. If we get a new coach, I would expect some major struggles in the beginning (30games).
    Casey's firing should be after the playoffs, but MU will let him ride with the new roster for a while, but on a shorter leash.
    Agreed. A lot of reeeeeeeeaaaaaally bad habits have formed, on both ends of the ball. And it's not just one guy. It's more or less everyone.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      Agreed. A lot of reeeeeeeeaaaaaally bad habits have formed, on both ends of the ball. And it's not just one guy. It's more or less everyone.
      I'm so fricken confused as to why Vasquez can't guard a man one on one.. I mean he can't guard a single player in the league. Are his legs deformed? Even I can guard some NBA players. Won't steal or block a shot but if I don't bite on a steal i could for sure stand in front of him.
      I wonder if he was always like this or does Casey's system allow for this in order to initiate help defence.
      No one takes accountability on this team.

Remember Vasquez at half time interview ? " we need to play defence as a team and communicate"
      Nah bro , YOU need to defence , stay in front of your man.
      2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

SamMitchells wrote: View Post
        I'm so fricken confused as to why Vasquez can't guard a man one on one.. I mean he can't guard a single player in the league. Are his legs deformed? Even I can guard some NBA players. Won't steal or block a shot but if I don't bite on a steal i could for sure stand in front of him.
        I wonder if he was always like this or does Casey's system allow for this in order to initiate help defence.
        No one takes accountability on this team.

Remember Vasquez at half time interview ? " we need to play defence as a team and communicate"
        Nah bro , YOU need to defence , stay in front of your man.
        He's just slow. I'm not going to blame Vasquez for his physical limitations (he's probably one of the slowest-footed players on the roster). He's lacking in those good ol' fast twitch muscle fibres

But I will blame Casey for putting him in positions to fail (e.g. checking Tyreke Evans and/or Reggie Jackson in late game situations).

Comment

He's just slow. I'm not going to blame Vasquez for his physical limitations (he's probably one of the slowest-footed players on the roster). He's lacking in those good ol' fast twitch muscle fibres

But I will blame Casey for putting him in positions to fail (e.g. checking Tyreke Evans and/or Reggie Jackson in late game situations).
          Vasquez has excellent lateral quicks according to Casey and he was Re-signed to be a defensive stopper.
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

This should not be construed as a defense of DC rather a reminder that he is not the only problem with this team.

...sorely lacking a starting SF
            ...sorely lacking a starting PF
            ...is there anyone on the roster who can be justly considered more than below avg to average defender (JJ excepted)?
            ...sorely lacking a quality backup PG (GV & LW are not it)

Casey will use these items in his next interviews for HC.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
              This should not be construed as a defense of DC rather a reminder that he is not the only problem with this team.

...is there anyone on the roster who can be justly considered more than below avg to average defender (JJ excepted)?

Excellent points ... I will add to it the back up C as well.

Comment

I may be in the minority, but I actually think Vasquez is a capable backup PG. As long as he's shot selection is kept in check, and he's limited to no more than 15 minutes a game. There is zero reason for him and Lowry to be on the floor together.

He's being over-used, and more importantly, wrongly-used (as a scorer) in Casey's "system".

Comment

If he preps as well for interviews as he does for games he won't.

Comment

I may be in the minority, but I actually think Vasquez is a capable backup PG. As long as he's shot selection is kept in check, and he's limited to no more than 15 minutes a game. There is zero reason for him and Lowry to be on the floor together.

He's being over-used, and more importantly, wrongly-used (as a scorer) in Casey's "system".
                    Yeah, if he didn't step into the starting line up and automatically assume Lowry's FGA, I'd feel better about him as a back-up. Most team's, when the back-up is in, spreads the extra shots around to the other starters, but we'd rather let GV just gun-sling.

That said, he's a great back-up if his YOLO is kept in check.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                      If he preps as well for interviews as he does for games he won't.
                      Hope he ends up in Denver. Raptors have a 2016 pick and both NYK and Denver with Casey will be deep basement dwellers

Comment

What's wrong with JJ as a starting SF, and 2Pat as a starting PF? Both are above average players. Can't have all-stars (or near stars) at every starting position. KL/DD/JJ/PP/JV is a solid starting rotation.

Comment

It's funny how this has turned out. Last year I thought the 2 guard lineup actually worked fairly well for them, and this is coming from someone who absolutely hated the 2 PG scheme when Jose and Lowry were here. I'm not sure whether it's a decline in shooting percentages or a decline in defense, but you're right, at this point there's no justification for it anymore.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
                            It's funny how this has turned out. Last year I thought the 2 guard lineup actually worked fairly well for them, and this is coming from someone who absolutely hated the 2 PG scheme when Jose and Lowry were here. I'm not sure whether it's a decline in shooting percentages or a decline in defense, but you're right, at this point there's no justification for it anymore.
                            Its also morphed into a three guard lineup with Lou as the third guard and GV as the SF

Comment

Working...
                            X