When should Casey be fired ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When should Casey be fired ?

After seeing today's game and evaluating the last 2-3 month, I do think that despite the holes in this team, pieces that do not match and players that have not improved as expected, Casey is done as a coach of this team and has nothing more to offer.

Now, we all want Casey to be fired ... We all think he is done but the question I have is:

When should MU fire Casey ?

There is an obvious summer time, after the play offs OR we can fire him now, hire the new coach and allow him to evaluate players for the rest of the season and play offs, be involved with the draft and ...

Within the next 10 minutes I hope.

Comment

Fire him after this season is over, obviously. But fire him no matter what happens in the playoffs.
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
        Fire him after this season is over, obviously. But fire him no matter what happens in the playoffs.
        Why after the season ? Why not now ?

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post
          Why after the season ? Why not now ?
          And have no system by Playoff time? All you would hear are excuses such as "we need a full training camp with this system"

Comment

Like soon.. by soon I mean the team flight should detour and drop Casey off at his summer home before landing in Toronto

Comment

2013 offseason.

Comment

Now, replace with Sterner to salvage what is left.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                  Now, replace with Sterner to salvage what is left.
                  Okay nevermind my previous comments, I agree with this

Comment

Fire him right after playoffs

unless we win the championship let go of him

Let go of him even if we get to the ECF

#FireCasey #HireMe
                    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

ball4life wrote: View Post
                      Like soon.. by soon I mean the team flight should detour and drop Casey off at his summer home before landing in Toronto
                      Just throw him off the plane
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                        Okay nevermind my previous comments, I agree with this
                        This is the only solution, The Raptors ain't gonna get better with Casey and hiring a new coach with a new system is too late for this year. The only thing is to bump up Sterner who already knows the system and maybe has more IQ then Casey to fix in the short term what ails the Raptors.

Comment

This is the only solution, The Raptors ain't gonna get better with Casey and hiring a new coach with a new system is too late for this year. The only thing is to bump up Sterner who already knows the system and maybe has more IQ then Casey to fix in the short term what ails the Raptors.
                          This is how you get rid of Casey and keep the system for the playoffs, so I agree whole heartedly this is what needs to happen. Who knows, Sterner might surprise, he always says the right things.

Comment

Disagree, continuing with no discipline or strategy is worse. Cut Casey, promote an assistant and go into the playoffs on a high. If nothing else, it washes the bad taste after the hot start out. But mostly gets rid of Casey faster

Comment

After playoffs.

Look, I get that everybody's pissed off, especially after the breathtakingly stupid ending of the Detroit game. But it isn't just about results. Masai needs to show the basketball community that players and coaches here will be given a chance to excel. Casey took spare parts to 49 wins last year and had a 7-game playoff series against a reasonably solid Nets team. He needed to be given the chance to improve on that; you can't fire a coach when he's delivering reasonably well unless you can say "he's plateaued" and the evidence for Casey's plateauing, while increasing, isn't all in yet.

Casey is well-regarded around the league - he's widely regarded as a good "motivator coach" a la Mark Jackson, the sort of guy who can get knuckleheads to screw their heads on properly. That's not a common talent in basketball coaching and he's respected because of that, and if we had a lot of high-IQ players his flaws as a coach would be minimized. But we don't have high-IQ players, so his flaws are magnified.

He probably won't get to 50 wins or the second round of the playoffs. A first-round exit almost certainly means he's gone, and everybody in the league will understand: we needed a new guy to bring us to the next level, he wasn't the guy for us, etc. That happens.

But firing him immediately, after he's had quite a bit of success and is in fact the winningest coach in team history? That's a Dolan move. That's a short-tempered move. That's a move that says Your Franchise Isn't Stable. And it would be a bad one.

Comment

Working...
                              X