No announcement yet.

What was your #CaseyBreakingPoint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will reserve my judgement on Casey after the season is over. I don't want to overreact. Not my thing.

I say this though, this board would be hilarious if Masai keeps him. Which is very possible specially if they win a playoff round which again is very possible. I like our chances vs the Bucks/Wizards.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
      I don't really have one and I don't really care if he's going to get fired soon.

Oh.. I remember one when Amir had last-second three point attempt to win a game.. That happened after Casey's time out if my memory serves me right. Not sure when this happened though. 2 years ago? lol
      That was mine.

Amir was at the 3 line and NOVAK was trying to box out for a rebound.

That and the Anderson stuff. The Andersons stuff softened the blow of Salmons.
      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

killarneycanoegirl wrote: View Post
        Last night...I went to the game. During a 3Q time out the entire #rtz coaching staff--DC and 4 asst coaches standing in a group at mid court. At the other end of the court SVG was drawing up a play surrounded by all of his players...all fully attentive and engaged--not an assistant coach in sight. The results speak for themselves.
        I was also at the game and this happened more than once.

At one point Casey called a timeout just so he could argue a call during the entire timeout

Comment

drawing up a play on the wrong side of the court to lose game 7.

I had to concede that re-signing him was important to keep Lowry. But somewhere deep down I always figured it'd come to this.

Comment

I've wanted him gone for so long, I can't even remember when it all started lol

Comment

The BKN series. Playing a regular season rotation against a BKN team with obvious weaknesses in the front. Watching BKN use the exact same strategy to beat the Raptors over and over. The constant over helping leading to aggressive close-out fouls and open shots. Watching as the shit that looked like it was just because the Raptors clinched a berth and Casey letting up leaked into a playoff series

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                For me it was a slow burn. Defensive slippage after his second year (and then again in his 4th). "Hell or High Water". Inbound play from wrong side of the court. JV's usage. Chuckfest Supreme. After timeout plays. Lou's ISO's. JJ's minutes. Over usage of guys like Anderson and Salmons. No accountability to the "stars".

The burn became really hot when the Raptors started sucking. So can't really pick one specific event that did it for me.
                Agreed on all points, with a special emphasis on that final play from Game 7, and the entire series for that matter.

I don't want to say that I predicted this trainwreck, but I was skeptical about that start in the beginning of the season. They weren't ever playing the right way. They were just lucky...and now that everything has come full circle, we see exactly what this team is made of.

I just hope that Lou Williams doesn't get 6th Man of the Year, because then the mob will be screaming that *he* needs to be re-signed, just like Casey *had to* be re-signed because of the franchise best 48 wins.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                  That's actually pretty normal.

Btw, SVG's team will not make the playoffs this year. Casey's team on the other hand....just sayin.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    As I posted today in another thread, the whole "we don't have the personnel to pass" thing earlier this season.
                    You were my inspiration.

Comment

Honestly, can't remember.

I kept saying to keep him on a short leash, but now he's gone off a cliff for my liking. I wonder how other Rap fans feel about Casey now (Not you guys, in general).
                      Last edited by Cody73; Wed Mar 25, 2015, 05:43 PM.
                      Axel wrote:
                      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post

Btw, SVG's team will not make the playoffs this year. Casey's team on the other hand....just sayin.
                        That line says a lot about your perspective.

That is almost exactly in line to the responses of criticism when the Raps were "1st"... "2nd".... "3rd".... "12-3".... "24-7"... etc. etc.

SVG is in his first year coaching the Pistons. They haven't made the playoffs in 2008-2009. If he managed to get them to the playoffs, that would have been incredible. Funny enough, he was making a charge until Brandon Jennings went down.

But all that is moot - he didn't and won't make the playoffs this season being 4.5 games back with 3 teams to over take and 11 games remaining.

What you're missing is the process and the details. SVG is teaching a team how to play. Go watch that game. How many EASY buckets did they get? A lot. They cut off the ball, they ran pick and rolls, they made the extra pass, they drive and dish, they got out in transition. How many EASY buckets did the Raptors get? Very little. Everything is an ISO or contested for the most part.

Then look at their roster. First of all, they were missing Monroe who has been balling since Smith left town. Secondly, they rely heavily on 35 year old Prince and Butler. Thirdly, they are young. All this talk about Raptors youth while they have 2 guys in the rotation who are 24 or younger (Ross and JV) meanwhile Pistons are working with 5 (Jackson, Monroe, KCP, Dinwiddie, and Drummond). Finally, the youth are actually developing. KCP is starting to put it together. Drummond is actually developing a post game as painful as it is to watch it develop.

Anyways, you refuse to provide insights other than taking pot shots at other posters or Raptor players not named DeMar. I'm glad you still find this brand of basketball exciting and entertaining.

Comment

No specific point that I can refer to that turned me on Casey. I never really thought he was great or anything, but gave him the benefit of the doubt more often than not with the success the team had after the Rudy trade. But given that he is supposedly a defensive coach, who does nothing to teach offence, yet the team this season is a top offensive team (or was) and is a bottom defensive team speaks volumes to me. Add in the passing comment that WMCJ pointed out, as well as the comment he made regarding Demar's passing vs. scoring after he had that great stretch of playmaking post-injury, and, well, that was just confirmation at that point.

All I know is that MU focuses on one stat in the boxscore after a game...opponent FG%. For the most part, teams shoot well against us, so unless MU somehow thinks that's all JV's fault, I'm sure Casey will be respectfully shown the door in the offseason. Fingers crossed, cause there is this dark thought in my mind that MU believes in Casey and his system, and will try and move JV this summer and give Casey another season with a roster more suited to his system.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                            No specific point that I can refer to that turned me on Casey. I never really thought he was great or anything, but gave him the benefit of the doubt more often than not with the success the team had after the Rudy trade. But given that he is supposedly a defensive coach, who does nothing to teach offence, yet the team this season is a top offensive team (or was) and is a bottom defensive team speaks volumes to me. Add in the passing comment that WMCJ pointed out, as well as the comment he made regarding Demar's passing vs. scoring after he had that great stretch of playmaking post-injury, and, well, that was just confirmation at that point.

All I know is that MU focuses on one stat in the boxscore after a game...opponent FG%. For the most part, teams shoot well against us, so unless MU somehow thinks that's all JV's fault, I'm sure Casey will be respectfully shown the door in the offseason. Fingers crossed, cause there is this dark thought in my mind that MU believes in Casey and his system, and will try and move JV this summer and give Casey another season with a roster more suited to his system.
                            I forgot about that.

Ironically enough, Casey had raps in top 10 in his first season.

Sadly enough, Raptors are 27th this season.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                              I forgot about that.

Ironically enough, Casey had raps in top 10 in his first season.

Sadly enough, Raptors are 27th this season.
                              pound the rock

Comment

Well aware of playoff positioning. Thank you. My point was that detroit was actively planning and making adjustments. Our brain trust was huddling on the court and our players were sitting on the bench.

Comment

Working...
                                X