Triano: "I thought our effort was good, I thought we played hard."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tbihis wrote: View Post
    It seems that some of the people here just comment because they have to say something, i dont think these people even saw the past games. Youd rather take 19 points over 19 rebounds? Are you crazy? the main problems of the Raps the whole season are rebounding and defense. Points are easy for them (when they put in effort and take quality shots). You know how hard it is to get rebounds? Even in NBA live ive only managed to get double digit rebounds about 5 times in a full season, and you think Turk's 19 rebounds is something to sneeze at? Common people, he got 19 off the NBA's best rebounding team. The opportunities were there for Bargs, Calderon, Bellinelli to score the basket while Turk was busy rebounding. Even if we dont make the playoffs, this is a very positive sign. Turk showed he still has it in him to scrap, now the problem is, you have to make him feel like every game is the most impt game of the season to get 19 rebs off of him again.

Jay's clearly being controlled by someone else in the main office. Sam was fired because he wouldnt give Bargs the chance to develop and this didnt go well with BC. Thats why no matter how bad Bargs screws up, Jay doesnt do anything.
    Come on Jay T. your not allowed in the forums.
    And your little Turkish princess fucked our whole season with his bullshit.

Comment

I hate to go this route but, who builds a team around 2 bigs playing beyond 15 feet? Who then signs a point guard that can't break a man off the dribble necessitating a high screen to start an offensive set? Who then lines the wings with shoot first guards also beyond 15 feet. Then assumes we can coach these fucktards to play NBA defense?

This team is fundamentally flawed. The pieces are underachieving left overs and the coaching staff is unwilling incapable fucktards.

Comment

Without Bosh the Raptors offense is going to struggle in a playoff level game like last night.

The simple fact is that the Bulls key guys with the exception of Gibson, who was a 4 year college guy with NCAA experience, are all playoff tested. We all remember what might have been the greatest non-Finals NBA series of all time from last year when the Bulls gave the Celtics everything that they could handle.

The Raptors with the exception of Turkoglu have no serious playoff experience. Yes they have Olympic experience but it is not the same thing. Some could argue that the level of intensity is the same in the Olympics or world games as the NBA playoffs but I would vehemently disagree. The NBA playoffs are a lot more physical.

As big a fan as I am of Johnson, he should not be starting in a game like last night. How much were his injuries to his knee and ankle bothering him? I don't know, but he is just not experienced enough to be able to bring 30 + minutes in a playoff type game.

One of the keys to being able to play successfully in the playoffs is being able to adjust to the officiating. To know your officials and what you can and can't do. This is even more so than during the regular season games.

Last night as a starter Johnson was clearly in over his head. Will he learn from it and grow? Only time will tell.

I believe that Triano said that Johnson fouled out. I don't think that if he did say it that that is incorrect. Johnson like Turkoglu finished with 5 fouls though Turk accumulated his 5 fouls in about 7 more minutes.

I think that Triano is probably more frustrated with Johnson's foul problem than Johnson's fans are but neither Triano not Johnson's fans are probably as frustrated by this problem as much as Johnson himself is. LOL
        Last edited by Buddahfan; Mon Apr 12, 2010, 12:18 PM.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Feschuck's two cents regarding last night:

Jay Triano’s post-game synopsis was an insult to the intelligence of a fan base that deserves better, and also to the truth.

“I thought we played hard,” Triano, the Raptors coach, said on Sunday night. And if you cared enough to have witnessed the basketball massacre that had just occurred at the Air Canada Centre — if you’d just watched the listless Raptors put in an inexcusably listless performance in their biggest game of the season — you could have been excused for choking on that uncomfortably huge chunk of baloney. The final score was Chicago 104, Toronto 88, but the reality was much worse. The Raptors played defence like ghosts, trailed by as many as 25 points in the fourth quarter and, with a revved-up, near-sellout crowd begging for a performance to celebrate, never bothered making the obligatory, futile run that even the worst NBA teams tend to muster.
          Source - Click here

Comment

Without quoting the entire thing I want to reply to Buddhafan and say it's a stretch to chalk it up to playoff experience. Especially centering out Johnson who with 13 has more playoff games played than all but Rasho, Reggie, Hedo and Wright who wasn't playing. Johnson also caught the tail-end of the Detroit years and probably could have learned more about hard-nosed basketball after 5 seconds in that locker room than he did all year here. We all also remember the Celtics were beginning their decline by that point last year and were also missing KG. I'm all for playoff experience, but it doesn't take a 7-game series against a good team to know YOU HAVE TO PLAY HARD TO WIN BIG GAMES.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
              Feschuck's two cents regarding last night:

Source - Click here
              The gloves are off but I agree.

Comment

Wow hats off to Feschuk, seeing that in print was cathartic.

Comment

Man I'm so disappointed with the team, even if we do make the playoffs, I don't think we deserve it. What happened?
                  Raptors fan for life....sadly.

Comment

Hellgate wrote: View Post
                    Come on Jay T. your not allowed in the forums.
                    And your little Turkish princess fucked our whole season with his bullshit.
                    hahaha i wish i was Jay Triano, would be nice to be earning 3 mil and not having the pressure to win coz all the higher ups (BC) got my back.

Comment

Working...
                    X