No announcement yet.

What If Casey Is Secretly A Genius?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Casey is too stupid to ever come up with a strategy like this. RR posters are the people that have the intellectually capacity to consider such scenarios. NOT DC.

Comment

Maybe yes, maybe no. This was a very similar scenario last year where in my opinion, the Raptors could have also made the ECF by facing the Wizards in the first round then a self-destructing Pacers team which we have won in the last 2 matchups during reg. season.

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
        Maybe yes, maybe no. This was a very similar scenario last year where in my opinion, the Raptors could have also made the ECF by facing the Wizards in the first round then a self-destructing Pacers team which we have won in the last 2 matchups during reg. season.
        My post was a joke. Casey would have been crushed by either Washington or Indiana in the playoffs. He is just terrible in the regular season and a detriment post season. He will single handedly lose 1-2 playoff games and be out coached in 1-2 games

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
          My post was a joke. Casey would have been crushed by either Washington or Indiana in the playoffs. He is just terrible in the regular season and a detriment post season. He will single handedly lose 1-2 playoff games and be out coached in 1-2 games
          LOL. I did see the sarcasm in your post, however I would have preferred the Raptors facing Washington last year than Brooklyn. It was obvious from the start of the series that the league wanted a Brooklyn-Miami match up for higher ratings. Plus if the Raps beat Brooklyn, they have no chance against Miami anyway. Whereas, Indiana was a beatable top seed.

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
            LOL. I did see the sarcasm in your post, however I would have preferred the Raptors facing Washington last year than Brooklyn. It was obvious from the start of the series that the league wanted a Brooklyn-Miami match up for higher ratings. Plus if the Raps beat Brooklyn, they have no chance against Miami anyway. Whereas, Indiana was a beatable top seed.
            Indy was beatable but Casey stopped shooting against BKN and went ISO almost the entire series. Hawks nearly upset Indy by shooting. Wizards under Whitman can't score more than 95 but he makes teams like the Raptors work like CHA. Defensively Wiz are good

Comment

TheManWithAPlan wrote: View Post
              What if he is trying to hide his team as a means of stopping teams from preparing for us in the playoffs? What if he is hiding James Johnson to ensure he remains a beast in the playoffs? What if he saving Valanciunas so that he is healthy and ready for the playoff minutes that he is about to plentifully gift him with? What if Amir Johnson is saving his best play for crunch time in the playoffs? What if Casey used the season as a testing ground and now has multiple different defensive schemes for each possible playoff opponent?
              I thought this was obvious to everyone on here.

Comment

One solution to the Casey problem is to make him assistant GM. He is terrible at player development, utilizing established players, tactic strategy etc but he looks good in suits and is a great snake oil salesman, useful in handling the media. He also can't wear hats and as asst GM he won't have to.

Comment

The funny thing is that as I've been watching the last 3 months of nightmare unfolding, I've been hoping (praying) that this is what Casey and the team is doing. They know how to do it right (based on the first 3 months of the season), and now they're trying to outsmart the rest of the league into thinking they forgot how to play basketball properly.

Then, during the playoffs, they will slowly bring it back. Maybe if they keep the game close, they play right for the final quarter to seal wins, or they'll play like that for one half to make the game insurmountable. Things like that. Then when they get to the second round, they'll turn it up even more -- do it for 2-3 quarters at a time. And then in the ECF, they do it for all 4 quarters. You know, we might still lose -- we do, after all lack the talent level of the top teams. But at least by the end of the playoffs we're back to play smart basketball and the stout defense we showed early on.

That's been my dream for at least the last 2+ months of disastrous play.
                  your pal,
                  ebrian

Comment

In other words Casey is dangling his job on purpose?

If that's the case, I'm a millionaire.
                    Axel wrote:
                    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

It wouldn't be dangling if Masai is in on it!
                      your pal,
                      ebrian

Comment

If it somehow turned out to be true, I would be disappointed with the team and with management. Not to mention that in game habits are not easy to change overnight, and most people can't turn it on\off like that.

Comment

he's just trolling us all, we get rudy gay expect to be good, we're terrible, blow the team up get ready to tank, we're good again, do well expect to keep doing well and we're tanking for the 21st pick...

Comment

Even the Spurs, the winningest team in the last 20 years (in any sport), wouldn't be brave enough to attempt this stunt. Because they know that players are creatures of habit. You can't instill bad habits, even if doing so intentionally, and expect them to be magically broken once the regular season ends.

Casey isn't a chess master. He's the pigeon shitting on the board.

Comment

Working...
                            X