boho44 wrote: View Post
    I'd have rather have Davis over Bennett
    #1 overall on his third year for less than TRoss money

Comment

Bennett has done nothing to show he belongs in the NBA

Comment

boho44 wrote: View Post
        Bennett has done nothing to show he belongs in the NBA
        He is going to get on another team. He just isn't worth the 7M+, Raptors should make an offer

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
          I mentioned this elsewhere but Anthony Bennett to replace TH works and he will be a UFA
          Anthony Bennett will not be a UFA, he's under contract through 2015-16, and can become a UFA in 2016-17 if Minnesota doesn't pick up his team option.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
            Anthony Bennett will not be a UFA, he's under contract through 2015-16, and can become a UFA in 2016-17 if Minnesota doesn't pick up his team option.
            They won't extend Bennett. He isn't worth the extension first overall picks get

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
              They won't extend Bennett. He isn't worth the extension first overall picks get
              Made a mistake, Wolves picked up ABs third year option in December

Comment

I have no idea how bennett was selected #1. Guy's a bigger bust than Kwame.
                "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

No. Don't care.

Comment

problem with Ed Davis is that the effect you can get out of him in 15-20 minutes doesn't scale at all to starter's minutes. He's a bench big and always will be, he's good for 8 points and 8 boards in 20 minutes and absolutely nothing else. Hasn't taken any next steps.

8/8 in 20 mins is great if he's willing to be a bench player for us, I would take him in place of Hansbrough/Hayes, but he's not the Amir replacement that we are going to be in dire need of shortly.
                    Last edited by KHD; Tue Mar 31, 2015, 07:15 AM.

Comment

There are probably 40-50 potential PFs that I would target before Davis.

Comment

Consider all factors

KHD wrote: View Post
                        problem with Ed Davis is that the effect you can get out of him in 15-20 minutes doesn't scale at all to starter's minutes. He's a bench big and always will be, he's good for 8 points and 8 boards in 20 minutes and absolutely nothing else. Hasn't taken any next steps.

8/8 in 20 mins is great if he's willing to be a bench player for us, I would take him in place of Hansbrough/Hayes, but he's not the Amir replacement that we are going to be in dire need of shortly.
                        KHD,
                        Yours is the only attempt here to even consider Davis' stats. You're right: 8/8 in 20 min is none too shabby.

But let's put that into perspective. The Lakers are pretty much a disaster this season and last. Not much in the way of financial smarts with Kobe's and Nash's contracts but they lucked out with $1 mil for Davis on a one-year, and he's moved right into the starting lineup without much fuss or bother.

His production has been impressive on a team that's at the bottom of the league defensively and that basically operates without a center at all - Jordan Hill is a replica of Davis @ 6-10 and 240 so both have had to do a lot of heavy lifting in pushing around, or better, trying not to be pushed around by opponents 20 or 30 lbs heavier. Hill is a beast with 22 double doubles this season in 27 avg. min., though a full 15 percentage points less efficient than Davis around the rim with twice as many shots (46% vs 61%)

Not having a true big man leaves a lot of minutes (21) to be filled in by PF's like Boozer and Davis playing center. As a result, Davis' stats are skewed by a sharp dropoff on back to backs; give him the chance to recover and he's got all-star numbers (check his two-days-rest output!).

So, other than remembering him as an improving and quick and graceful pick-and-role player with Calderon, what has happened in his life in the meantime?

....One year learning his craft as a sparring partner with Gasol and Randolf in Memphis, that's what.

Comment

Then why would we want him?? Just because he's Canadian? Please, can we just stop with guys just cuz they're Canadian? Who cares?! Blake Griffin is an Oklahoma boy through and through, DeRozan would love to rep LA (though I have no idea which team -did he grow up a Lakers fan?) it's just the way the cookie crumbles kids. I don't get this love affair with Ennis, Bennett, Thompson, etc just because they're Canadians. I'd take Wiggins in a heartbeat because he can actually ball - the fact that he's from TO is just icing on the cake. Seriously, who are you guys?? You need talent to win in this league, would the last 10 - 15 years have been any better if there were Canadians on the team?
                          Last edited by hyperdouche; Tue Mar 31, 2015, 09:54 PM. Reason: meh

Comment

hyperdouche wrote: View Post
                            Then why would we want him?? Just because he's Canadian? Please, can we just stop with guys just cuz they're Canadian? Who cares?! Blake Griffin is an Oklahoma boy through and through, DeRozan would love to rep LA (though I have no idea which team -did he grow up a Lakers fan?) it's just the way the cookie crumbles kids. I don't get this love affair with Ennis, Bennett, Thompson, etc just because they're Canadians. I'd take Wiggins in a heartbeat because he can actually ball - the fact that he's from TO is just icing on the cake. Seriously, who are you guys?? You need talent to win in this league, would the last 10 - 15 years have been any better if there were Canadians on the team?
                            Um I thought were talking about Ed Davis?
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

hyperdouche wrote: View Post
                              Ed Davis isn't Canadian

#dontquityourdayjob

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                There are probably 40-50 potential PFs that I would target before Davis.
                                That's an over statement. I'm not saying come here and take over the starting 4 position but I think he'd contribute better off the bench than Patterson or hansborough

Comment

Working...
                                X