They Say They Care But They Don't

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mo-sales wrote: View Post
    Give him a penetrating point guard and defensive minded center and there is no telling how his career could pan out.
    So you think he's going to the Bulls?

Comment

I think the bulls make the most sense for him and they have a lot of pieces to offer back via S and T.

Amare is likely going heat and the bulls could sell Bosh on being the best big man in franchise history. He gets to be the guy that gets them over the hump and playing alongside Noah is probably the ideal centre for him in the league.

Comment

Uhh this team sucks why would we want them around for another 2 years.

Faithleader wrote: View Post
        For me i think we lack experience as a team... when i mean lack i mean...we don't stick to the team for the whole freakin 2 year + ... every player can play defense ...including Calderon ... we need to play as a team ....

Thats why OKA, Spurs, Portland, Jazz....etc became so successful they kept most of their players intact and added one more piece or one more draft pick!!!

The raps need to find their identity ... you can't expect team to go for a run to the playoffs with a massive changes every freaking year...

Comment

Faithleader wrote: View Post
          For me i think we lack experience as a team... when i mean lack i mean...we don't stick to the team for the whole freakin 2 year + ... every player can play defense ...including Calderon ... we need to play as a team ....

Thats why OKA, Spurs, Portland, Jazz....etc became so successful they kept most of their players intact and added one more piece or one more draft pick!!!

The raps need to find their identity ... you can't expect team to go for a run to the playoffs with a massive changes every freaking year...
          Hellgate wrote: View Post
          You're right we do need more stability. But if I could just add something.
          In almost every situation a teams identity comes from the character and play style of their best player and the head coach.
          In the Raptors case our star player is very effective on the offensive end and a good not great rebounder.
          As for Bosh's defensive instinct and hustle, he's never had much. And at this point I can't see his defense getting much better.
          Triano is an extremely passive coach who seems more like BC's puppet than anything close to a respectable, smart basketball guy. It's really too bad because he's just further proving the Canadian stereotype of a country who's too nice and lead around by Americans.
          In order for us to become a decent team. I agree with Raptor Jesus. It may be time to drop all our so called leaders of this team including BC and start from scratch. Man, does that ever hurt to say that.
          Thats meticulous, BC is what makes the Raptors fun to watch!

Even though he is relatively a rookie, I believe he will learn quickly.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
            OKC definitely benefited from adding Thabo, who is just a joy to watch. I thought OKC would drastically improve this year and make the play offs, but not even the biggest OKC homer could of predicted the night and day turn around.

The raps could easily make a significant turn around from one of the worst defensive teams in the NBA history to a mediocre one by next season. The key is to upgrade defensively without losing too much offensively.

Derozan just needs more reps on the court and especially in the gym. Simply being paired with Weems is going to exponentially increase the development of both of thier games. I want them both to play in the summer league, but I don't see how that helps improve their defense.

The key is to never play 3 of the euros at the same time and if possible unload one or two of them. When they are on the floor, everyone is so worried about helping that no one seems to stay in front of thier man and the rotations are so slow that there is always open shooters parked out on the 3 point line.

A starting line up of Jack, Derozan, Weems, Amir, Bargs will do wonders towards improving effort on the defensive side of the ball. Bring Jose and Turk off the bench against slower second units and hopefully thier defensive inefficiencies will be more than off set by thier offensive prowess.

The raps need a coach that will push the young guns to another level and ensure thier development doesn't stall.
            we need to get rid of ALL the Euros preferably, but I'll take Calderon if one has to stay.

Jack, Derozan, Weems, Amir, Bargs?

I wouldn't count on that team to do much of anything.

The only players that should be kept on this team are Bosh, Jack, Derozan and Weems. Forget Amir, he will want too much money for what he is. Also we have expirings like Evans, Banks, Marco next year. And Wright, Amir, Rasho this year.

Hopefully we will miss the playoffs and retain that pick and grab someone decent.

I am confident that this team can be turned around quickly if Bosh stays. But if he goes, then we'll be in the lottery for a few years.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              They had a bunch of young athletic guys who had potential to play good D but were still learning. They also made trades, moved guys in and out. I don't think its a fair comparison. Westbrook has physical gifts that Calderon or Jack can only dream of. Hedo isn't willing even if he's able. Bargnani is a wild card... If the light stops going out he could be a good defender. Either way, I don't think the Thunder is the correct answer to the question.
              Its just not in his nature. He will be a fringe starter in this league at best. Or maybe he's just going to go back to Italy. I can see us trading him for an expiring or some picks, and him ending up as a cap buster for some poor sucker.

Comment

He's not going anywhere since he just signed a five year, $50M deal. If you slide him to the 4 I have him better than Mbah a Moute, Jianlian, Tolliver, Diaw, Gibson, Gallinari, Landry, and Oberto at the least. He posting 17PPG shooting 47% as a face up long range shooter with 6 rebounds and a block and a half. Something tells me there are a lot of teams who would buy into a 24 year old seven footer who can do that.
                Last edited by Apollo; Mon Apr 12, 2010, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  They had a bunch of young athletic guys who had potential to play good D but were still learning. They also made trades, moved guys in and out. I don't think its a fair comparison. Westbrook has physical gifts that Calderon or Jack can only dream of. Hedo isn't willing even if he's able. Bargnani is a wild card... If the light stops going out he could be a good defender. Either way, I don't think the Thunder is the correct answer to the question.
                  If OKC is not the correct answer, then how about the Bucks? Or any other team that Scott Skiles coached, for that matter?

Comment

DonCarlos wrote: View Post
                    If OKC is not the correct answer, then how about the Bucks? Or any other team that Scott Skiles coached, for that matter?
                    In the past year they added the following significant players: Kurt Thomas, Brandon Jennings
                    Carlos Delfino and Jerry Stackhouse. I'm not sure they fit the bill. Would they be playing great right now had they not acquired the guys they brought in excluding Jennnings who was drafted? Who knows but the team isn't the answer to the question in my mind.

Comment

DonCarlos wrote: View Post
                      Scott Skiles is an incredible defensive coach who gets far more out of his players defensively than one would expect. If he joined the Raptors, I would expect them to become an average or slightly above average defensive team.

Bargnani would either learn how to play better defense or be dropped from the starting lineup in favour of Amir Johnson.

Not many Scott Skiles knocking around though.

Edit: Milwaukee's situation is somewhat of an outlier. You can't expect that type of improvement to happen in Toronto without an experienced proven defensive minded head coach arriving. Not just someone good either, that coach needs to be exceptional.

Most of Milwaukee's improvement defensively is down to coaching. The rest is the addition of Mbah a Moute. Skiles turned them from the worst defensive team in the league to a 5th-7th place defensive team in one summer. Absolutely incredible achievement.

I believe the biggest impact a coach can have on a team is on the defensive side of the ball. Finding a coach who can do that brings great rewards for a team.
                      Last edited by Dave; Tue Apr 13, 2010, 12:44 AM.
                      nbaroundtable

Comment

if bosh leaves is it a good idea to think about boozer or zach randolph (yes... i said it :P )? or is it impossible...

Comment

Working...
                        X