Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Denver: DeRozan, 2017 clippers 1st
    Phoenix: Gallinari, Burke, 2016 Raptors 1st (top 12 protected)
    Utah: Eric Bledsoe, James Johnson
    Toronto: Derrick Favors, Gary Harris

So DD/JJ/2 firsts for Favors and Gary Harris.

Leaves Raptors still with $20m salary.

Get 'er done, Masai!

(BTW - this is me putting rumours together that Bledsoe is being shopped and Utah is looking at signing Millsap).
    I think Denver would rather have Derrick Favors than 3 DeMars and 3 Clipper picks, tbh. So I think the Raptors would just get snubbed out of this deal.

Tbh, I think Phoenix would also much rather have Favors than Gallinari, Burke and a late-ish 1st. So I think Denver too would get snubbed.

I don't know why Phoenix wants to move Bledsoe, though. Maybe just empty rumors. Maybe they'd consider if they are offered Favors though. I don't know.

Comment

• BS10 wrote: View Post
      What about DD + JJ to Utah for Exum + Trey Lyles + 2x First rounders
      If they want DeMar, I think it would make more sense for them to go after him next summer.

Also, I think they need a different point guard if they get DeMar, I think Trey Burke + DeMar in the backcourt won't work, both are midrange shooters who can't make 3s.

But I think Utah might be a sleeper suitor for DeMar next summer. It depends on what happens with Burks and Exum, and who's their point guard. With the right point guard, I think DeMar+Hayward could be a nice wing combo.

Comment

• Two teams that I think I'd call and check if they want DeMar -- Indiana and the Bobcats. Indiana has been craving for a scoring guard to play next to Paul George for many years. I think they want more of a dynamic combo guard, but DeMar is better or younger than any combo guard I see in free agency. The Bobcats might want another scoring guard, and DeMar/Batum combo looks nice enough on paper. I don't know, I'm not sure what the Bobcats think they are doing.

As to what a deal might look like... Indiana wants to move Hibbert, plus Larry Bird was willing to trade draft picks in the past. This would require a third team. Paul George is obviously not available. I would like George Hill, he's a combo guard who can shoot 3s, defend, only 6'2 but wingspan of a shooting guard. Good value contract for two more years. I'd move DeMar straight up for Hill. But I think Larry Bird loves Hill and probably wouldn't give him up.

Bobcats... Well, MKG + Jeremy Lamb would work salary wise. I don't know if they would be interested in that. MKG is a beast defensively and on the glass, and I've heard an opinion from a coach that the Bobcats' shooting coach (Mark Price) sucks as a coach. Jeremy Lamb has been a disappointment offensively as well, but he's pretty good as a wing defender. Two young players on good contracts for next year, restricted free agents after that, it's kind of a low risk, potentially high reward deal, IMO. But maybe the Bobcats just wouldn't be interested at all, I don't know.

Comment

• In response to Bobloblaw, I would think atlanta would have interest in someone like Hibbert.

but it would take some fancy trading to make salaries work.

But Carrol coming back would be a must.

Comment

• Bear wrote: View Post
            In response to Bobloblaw, I would think atlanta would have interest in someone like Hibbert.

but it would take some fancy trading to make salaries work.

But Carrol coming back would be a must.
            Except that this makes no sense for Atlanta; Carroll was integral to their success last year and they'll look to re-sign him. Also he's a free agent so he can't really be included in a trade.

Hibbert will be difficult for Indiana to move; there just aren't a lot of teams looking for a Hibbert at this point.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
              Except that this makes no sense for Atlanta; Carroll was integral to their success last year and they'll look to re-sign him. Also he's a free agent so he can't really be included in a trade.

Hibbert will be difficult for Indiana to move; there just aren't a lot of teams looking for a Hibbert at this point.
              On page 11 and people are still trading players not signed 😮

Comment

• Dallas might be a good destination to send Demar if Raps are sellers. carlisle is a great offensive coach and they lost Ellis.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                  Dallas might be a good destination to send Demar if Raps are sellers. carlisle is a great offensive coach and they lost Ellis.
                  Dallas has little to offer.

They sent a lot of assets out to get rondo.

Comment

• Demar and picks for Bledsoe and Booker.

that is what I am in love with today, especially hearing how LA is coming in for a meeting.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                      Dallas has little to offer.

They sent a lot of assets out to get rondo.
                      Maybe Parsons?

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                        Maybe Parsons?
                        I was thinking of him some time ago, but it's hard to do, bigger contract plus a trade kicker. He'd cost like 17 mil this year and 18ish in 2016-17 if he opts in. That's a lot of money to add, it limits flexibility quite a bit, and he might be just a short term piece.

I like him though. Nice fit. If he opts out after this season, he will be on my list of targets somewhere. Not the first choice or second, but he will be there.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                          I was thinking of him some time ago, but it's hard to do, bigger contract plus a trade kicker. He'd cost like 17 mil this year and 18ish in 2016-17 if he opts in. That's a lot of money to add, it limits flexibility quite a bit, and he might be just a short term piece.

I like him though. Nice fit. If he opts out after this season, he will be on my list of targets somewhere. Not the first choice or second, but he will be there.
                          Trade Demar for Parsons. Parsons is overpayed but reasonable and Demar wants a deal that makes him more overpayed next year. I'm not positive but with Bird Rights Dallas would be better off in 2016 or the same going after FA with Demar then Parsons

Comment

• *hears that DD is 'semi-officially' on the trade block after the mid-max move

*immediately jumps on ESPN trade machine

*cries in joy

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                              *hears that DD is 'semi-officially' on the trade block after the mid-max move

*immediately jumps on ESPN trade machine

*cries in joy
                              lol
                              #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• Trade DeMar to Philly for Nerlens Noel, Jason Richardson's expiring contract.....
                                NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Working...
                                X