No announcement yet.

Who would you rather face first round?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regular season series don't mean shit. Brooklyn went 4-0 against the Heat in the regular season last year, but lost to the Heat in 5 in the playoffs. Bucks or Heat would be the easiest matchup. Wiz and Brooklyn would both be tougher due to playoff experience and star power, you just know Pierce would have a short-term renaissance and drop 40 on the Raptors while getting every single call with DD shaking his fists in the air in frustration.

Bottom line, we're going to be the 3-4 seed and should beat all of those teams if we're as good as our spot in the standings. If we're just pretenders and we lose, then we deserve to lose and it makes it that much easier for Masai to make changes in the offseason. We're going to need DD, Lowry, and Lou to all go supernova in the playoffs as that's the only way we ever beat good teams, so hopefully those guys are well rested and healthy by then.

Comment

Bucks have one of the best defenses in the league. Give me Washington please.
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
        Bucks have one of the best defenses in the league. Give me Washington please.
        Washington also has one of the best defenses in the league (Milly 4th in DRTG, WAS 6th). Meanwhile, the Bucks are young (key players have no playoff experience), and lack scoring talent as well as star power. The Wizards have experience and dangerous players at every position including some 'stars'.

As Primer said, regular season means shit. You want to win? Play the worst team, with the least star power and playoff experience. That's Milwaukee.

Comment

Bucks in 6. Lol
          "you can't be playing checkers, on no chess board yoo!" - D'angelo

Comment

I don't care who we face in the first round, what I do care about is that we play the 5th placed team and not the 6th. A well managed franchise would make this happens, now lets see what the outcome is. Casey should be given a clear directive at this point. being a gambling man myself I not putting money on this game. The Games of thrones style plotting begins at this time of the year.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
              I wanna face Bucks first round. They give us best opportunity to advance to second round. Hopefully they hold onto 6.

Most exciting matchup would be vs the Harry Potters. If Raps were to face them and win in say 6, i like their chances in second round, regardless of who they face.
              That would be the winner of Cleveland and the nets, id rather play the team we swept and face atl in the second round.

Comment

I voted for the bucks because to remain in third we have to be playing well and tie or have a better record than the bulls.

Comment

Day One wrote: View Post
                  I don't care who we face in the first round, what I do care about is that we play the 5th placed team and not the 6th. A well managed franchise would make this happens, now lets see what the outcome is. Casey should be given a clear directive at this point. being a gambling man myself I not putting money on this game. The Games of thrones style plotting begins at this time of the year.
                  A well managed team doesn't loose games just to get an easier matchup in the playoffs .
                  You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                    A well managed team doesn't loose games just to get an easier matchup in the playoffs .
                    And a good team doesn't depend on match ups.

Comment

I voted for Washington because the question was who would you rather face, not who gives you the best chance of winning.

Bucks are safest choice for a 1st round win but also a guaranteed 2nd round loss. If you think we have a better than 50% chance of beating WAS (which we might) then that's got to be the better matchup given that I think we could really challenge ATL in the 2nd round.

Comment

Day One wrote: View Post
                        That would be the winner of Cleveland and the nets, id rather play the team we swept and face atl in the second round.
                        We didn't sweep Atlanta, they beat the shit out of us on January 16th, and that's what I'd expect to happen in the playoffs.

Playing for a 2nd round matchup is stupid at this point, especially when it means getting a tougher 1st round matchup.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          And a good team doesn't depend on match ups.
                          True but we are NOT THAT GOOD and hence need to rely on any edge we can get with the right matchup.

Comment

I don't care because we're going out in the first round anyways.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                              True but we are NOT THAT GOOD and hence need to rely on any edge we can get with the right matchup.
                              Then first round exit, fire Casey , plan for 2015-16

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                                Then first round exit, fire Casey , plan for 2015-16
                                And a thread idea was born!

Comment

Working...
                                X