Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rocwell wrote: View Post
    Haha, you again!

Jonas' season was disappointing for some people.. cough cough NBA "analysts", BR writers.. cough cough.. They said he's going to break out this year for sure!

For people like me, with realistic expectations when it comes to our players, I'm absolutely fine with Jonas' season.

Dude's defense is significantly improved even though his personal awareness hasn't changed! You can see that he's communicating much more on the court. That needs to improve, but it's a good start. Post up game is improving smoothly. He's averaging career highs in PTS, REB(ish) FTMA and FG%. He got back to his projected 1.2-1.3 blk p/g for this season.

He hasn't disappointed me a bit, can you say same about Mr. Casey or T Ross? Oh well..
    Or even Mr. DeMar, just to flame things a bit?

Everyone was going crazy over him dribbling in Wal-Marts and being the 12th man on team USA in the summer....

Started the season like total crap. His "improved" handle has mostly resulted in him holding the ball longer. He's had his first somewhat significant injury. I bring this up because one of the major things people always pointed to as a positive was his durability. Now that injury is being used as an excuse as to why it took him until the last stretch of the season to play anything like the player he was last year. But it's hard to say the biggest thing he worked on, handles, has really helped his game, and he's having a worse season. So that's kind of disappointing.

Now, personally I don't really care. DeMar has struggled but I think that he would also benefit from a better system that would slightly modify his role. And while I won't blame his injury for all his bad play, it was definitely a factor for at least some of it. But still, he'd been pretty damn disappointing up til March.

But Jonas has basically been one of the only guys who's obviously improved his game, while being the consensus guy we needed to do so more than anyone else...And he's playing less minutes and not being integrated into the game plan more.

To me, Jonas has been one of the only bright spots from a player perspective.

I also like that Pat has added a bit to his offensive repertoire. It feels like he's better at countering when he's run off the line. He's been able to drive into the lane or mid-range area for little jumpers/floaters. I think he's also been a bit better posting up mismatches. If he can get still just a bit better at these things, it can only be good.

And JJ has been a huge bright spot. He still can be undisciplined, but way better than his first stint in regards to playing to his strengths and being a good piece for the team.

Lowry was pretty impressive until he started collapsing under the heavy load. He showed he can play at a higher level than he did last year, but he also showed he probably can't sustain it.

The real disappointments to me have been Ross, Greivis, Amir (which is all on his ankles) and Casey. I know Casey's not a player, but just throwing that in there since he's an obvious disappointment. Pretty indifferent on Lou, who's pretty much bringing exactly what probably most of us expected, which can be both great and incredibly frustrating depending on the night.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      Or even Mr. DeMar, just to flame things a bit?

Everyone was going crazy over him dribbling in Wal-Marts and being the 12th man on team USA in the summer....

Started the season like total crap. His "improved" handle has mostly resulted in him holding the ball longer. He's had his first somewhat significant injury. I bring this up because one of the major things people always pointed to as a positive was his durability. Now that injury is being used as an excuse as to why it took him until the last stretch of the season to play anything like the player he was last year. But it's hard to say the biggest thing he worked on, handles, has really helped his game, and he's having a worse season. So that's kind of disappointing.

Now, personally I don't really care. DeMar has struggled but I think that he would also benefit from a better system that would slightly modify his role. And while I won't blame his injury for all his bad play, it was definitely a factor for at least some of it. But still, he'd been pretty damn disappointing up til March.

But Jonas has basically been one of the only guys who's obviously improved his game, while being the consensus guy we needed to do so more than anyone else...And he's playing less minutes and not being integrated into the game plan more.

To me, Jonas has been one of the only bright spots from a player perspective.

I also like that Pat has added a bit to his offensive repertoire. It feels like he's better at countering when he's run off the line. He's been able to drive into the lane or mid-range area for little jumpers/floaters. I think he's also been a bit better posting up mismatches. If he can get still just a bit better at these things, it can only be good.

And JJ has been a huge bright spot. He still can be undisciplined, but way better than his first stint in regards to playing to his strengths and being a good piece for the team.

Lowry was pretty impressive until he started collapsing under the heavy load. He showed he can play at a higher level than he did last year, but he also showed he probably can't sustain it.

The real disappointments to me have been Ross, Greivis, Amir (which is all on his ankles) and Casey. I know Casey's not a player, but just throwing that in there since he's an obvious disappointment. Pretty indifferent on Lou, who's pretty much bringing exactly what probably most of us expected, which can be both great and incredibly frustrating depending on the night.
      Well said.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

its clearly not on him when he has improved in everything , but is playing 2 less mpg
        i guess next year will be the year he gets around the 15/10 numbers

Comment

this is insane

i'd say JV's one of the only raptors to have improved this year
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            Funny this whole thread is about how its everybody else fault except JV's about this disappointing season.
            Please show it is disappointing. Demar has had a disappointing season if anything. And before you bring it up, one month isn't a season.
            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

The player who is leading the team in Win shares per 48, PER, Defensive Win Shares, Offensive Win Shares, and total Win shares by over 1. Also leads the team in TS%, ORB%, DRB%, and TRB%

If this is the most disappointing player of the 2014/2015 season than what do you call the rest of the team?
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                The player who is leading the team in Win shares per 48, PER, Defensive Win Shares, Offensive Win Shares, and total Win shares by over 1. Also leads the team in TS%, ORB%, DRB%, and TRB%

If this is the most disappointing player of the 2014/2015 season than what do you call the rest of the team?
                His net rating is pretty disappointing. I'm a big JV fan but why are they so worse off with him on the floor.

Comment

Jrice9 wrote: View Post
                  His net rating is pretty disappointing. I'm a big JV fan but why are they so worse off with him on the floor.
                  He doesn't fit into the system. Also, I could be wrong, but doesn't he have one of the best net ratings in the past few months?
                  "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

There are many reasons why.. one of 'em.. Jonas lack of speed works against Casey's strategy "scramble to chase off three point shooters". Jonas is just too slow for this, but he's improving though.

Stats are telling us that Jonas is A SERIOUS WEAPON. He's efficient, but for some reason our coaching staff can't find a way how to use him without hurting this team. It could be his fault cuz we don't really know what's going on behind the scences, or it could be coaching staff fault.. Someday we'll know.

Comment

Because netrtg, as well as most +/- based stats are incredibly influenced by situational elements. And JV gets shortchanged a lot with those. The most obvious angle is he rarely plays with the bench, and our bench usually kills other benches. But every other starter, including even Ross, is more likely to be subbed back into a mixed unit. That's why all our bench guys have great on/off numbers, and why the worst is from Greivis, who apart from being bad, has also been the bench player who's most frequently played with starters because of injuries to DeMar and Kyle. It's also why Hansbrough, who almost exclusively plays with the bench squad, has a ridiculous on/off plus-minus, and the first positive one of his whole career.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        Because netrtg, as well as most +/- based stats are incredibly influenced by situational elements. And JV gets shortchanged a lot with those. The most obvious angle is he rarely plays with the bench, and our bench usually kills other benches. But every other starter, including even Ross, is more likely to be subbed back into a mixed unit. That's why all our bench guys have great on/off numbers, and why the worst is from Greivis, who apart from being bad, has also been the bench player who's most frequently played with starters because of injuries to DeMar and Kyle. It's also why Hansbrough, who almost exclusively plays with the bench squad, has a ridiculous on/off plus-minus, and the first positive one of his whole career.
                        Thank you.

You saved me some typing.

Comment

oh boy. Here we are again. fans cannot handle people saying anything less than awesome about their favorite players.

If JV was so great, he'd be great. But he isn't great is he, he's average. He plays average, he doesn't dominate anyone, he doesn't take over games, and he rarely makes much outta nothing.

He might get there, clearly has a lot of promise, but for crying out loud will you guys stop blaming coaches for his lack of star quality, and please, stop making it out like he's this hard done by, poor star in shackles. The guy starts, and plays major minutes..... he has PLENTY of opportunity to be awesome. How the fuck is it on anyone but Jonas?

If his coach benches him, its for a reason, and if his teammates, almost ALL OF THEM, are looking him off a lot..... there is a reason, they don't trust him.

Unless ya believe they are all racist.... then you know, whole new thread.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                            oh boy. Here we are again. fans cannot handle people saying anything less than awesome about their favorite players.

If JV was so great, he'd be great. But he isn't great is he, he's average. He plays average, he doesn't dominate anyone, he doesn't take over games, and he rarely makes much outta nothing.

He might get there, clearly has a lot of promise, but for crying out loud will you guys stop blaming coaches for his lack of star quality, and please, stop making it out like he's this hard done by, poor star in shackles. The guy starts, and plays major minutes..... he has PLENTY of opportunity to be awesome. How the fuck is it on anyone but Jonas?

If his coach benches him, its for a reason, and if his teammates, almost ALL OF THEM, are looking him off a lot..... there is a reason, they don't trust him.

Unless ya believe they are all racist.... then you know, whole new thread.
                            Even if all of that were true, would you still call him the biggest disappointment on the Raps this year?
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

well, maybe no

I'd look in Lowry's direction..... followed by PP and GV

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                                ...If his coach benches him, its for a reason, and if his teammates, almost ALL OF THEM, are looking him off a lot..... there is a reason, they don't trust him...
                                And why would they trust the "...player who is leading the team in Win shares per 48, PER, Defensive Win Shares, Offensive Win Shares, and total Win shares by over 1. Also leads the team in TS%, ORB%, DRB%, and TRB%"?

I can see your point.

Comment

Working...
                                X