Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does such an ugly offense have such a high ORTG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mindlessness wrote: View Post
    When I last checked we were 10th out of 10 amongst the top 10 offences at passes per game.

We're an anomaly, which means this just might be unsustainable.
    Maybe. Last year (by ORTG at BR) they were 10th and this year they are 3rd. That's ~164 games. I'm not sure how big of sample size we need but two seasons seems indicative.

There are certainly legitimate criticisms to be made of the offense but they are tactical and primarily centre around end of quarter/late game scenarios. Do you need a complete strategic overall to fix those issues? Maybe. Or maybe there are less drastic solutions.

Comment

The Nets did this to us last year, and we had no answer:

Let's hope Casey has a few tricks up his sleeve....

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post

Isn't that on the players to find the open man. But I also think our problem was that we had no three point shooters on the team last years playoffs. We only had 3 guys on the roster that could actually hit the three. (Gv lowry and kinda Patterson) but Casey still got ridiculed for playing all three together for weird reasons.

I'm sure Casey tells them to pass in that situation, he's not that stupid. He's the coach of a multi million dollar sports franchise, you don't get there by not knowing that. Everyone knows heat your supposto pass when your doubled, there just weren't that many easy passes.
        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post

Tricks, you say?

Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:
          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
            Isn't that on the players to find the open man. But I also think our problem was that we had no three point shooters on the team last years playoffs. We only had 3 guys on the roster that could actually hit the three. (Gv lowry and kinda Patterson) but Casey still got ridiculed for playing all three together for weird reasons.

I'm sure Casey tells them to pass in that situation, he's not that stupid. He's the coach of a multi million dollar sports franchise, you don't get there by not knowing that. Everyone knows heat your supposto pass when your doubled, there just weren't that many easy passes.
            It's on the players to pass, but it's on the coach to prepare his troops. For this one particular game that the tweet was referencing, the Raptors looked completely lost on how to beat such aggressive defense.

Comment

Working...
            X