DeAndre Jordan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeAndre Jordan

6'11" 265 lbs 26 years old(turns 27 in Jul 21st)

One if not the best defensive Centers in the league. Would fit in Casey's system perfectly. Helps us in all our defensive liability.

Casey has been trying to make offensive first players into defensive players. He did well his first couple years in hiding and masking these players. The league has caught up and it's time that Masai started getting coach some defensive first players for coach to plug into his system.

With DJ anchoring our defense I think this puts us in contention in the east.

Masai time to open up the check book and pay this man!
    @Chr1st1anL

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    6'11" 265 lbs 26 years old(turns 27 in Jul 21st)

One if not the best defensive Centers in the league. Would fit in Casey's system perfectly. Helps us in all our defensive liability.

Casey has been trying to make offensive first players into defensive players. He did well his first couple years in hiding and masking these players. The league has caught up and it's time that Masai started getting coach some defensive first players for coach to plug into his system.

With DJ anchoring our defense I think this puts us in contention in the east.

Masai time to open up the check book and pay this man!
    Once Casey finds a new job he should get in touch with Jordan agent.

Comment

I think he likes LA. I'd like to see him but we have JV, so unless we get something great for him than no go for me.

Comment

Also, Jordan isn't going to look very good anchoring a D with constant penetration.

C isn't the problem with our D. Our perimeter guys and system are.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          Also, Jordan isn't going to look very good anchoring a D with constant penetration.

C isn't the problem with our D. Our perimeter guys and system are.
          I would leave it as just the perimeter guys.

The system works if you have Jason Kidd, Shawn Marion, and DeShawn Stevenson minimizing dribble penetration.

The system works if you have the right players.... well, that goes for just about ANY system.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
            I would leave it as just the perimeter guys.

The system works if you have Jason Kidd, Shawn Marion, and DeShawn Stevenson minimizing dribble penetration.

The system works if you have the right players.... well, that goes for just about ANY system.
            True. But I don't think it's a great system and have said so before. The players required are difficult to assemble, and even with that ideal personnel, it's still never been that highly ranked a D.

Comment

True. But I don't think it's a great system and have said so before. The players required are difficult to assemble, and even with that ideal personnel, it's still never been that highly ranked a D.
              Where exactly was it ranked? I didn't know their was a rankings on defensive systems?
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Would be a terrible fit on the offensive end alongside jv. Guy can't hit anything outside the paint.
                "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

The defense always looks better when you have two mobile bigs. We have one of the worse combination of guards when it comes to fighting over screens. With the bigs hedging it give or guards a chance to recover.

Also DJ would upgrade any type of defensive scheme. This guy is in the discussion for DPOY every year!

Can coach get at least one defensive first player?
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Where exactly was it ranked? I didn't know their was a rankings on defensive systems?
                    It's best season in Dallas, the year they won, it was 8th in DRTG, 8th in raw FG%, 9th in opp eFG%

That's not bad, but not exactly elite.

Comment

The defense always looks better when you have two mobile bigs. We have one of the worse combination of guards when it comes to fighting over screens. With the bigs hedging it give or guards a chance to recover.

Also DJ would upgrade any type of defensive scheme. This guy is in the discussion for DPOY every year!

Can coach get at least one defensive first player?
                      He'll probably ride him on the bench all game long. See JJ.
                      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

It's best season in Dallas, the year they won, it was 8th in DRTG, 8th in raw FG%, 9th in opp eFG%

That's not bad, but not exactly elite.
                        Good enough to win a championship. That team had an aging rotation of guards who actually couldn't keep up with with most guards but Tyson Chandler covered up all their weaknesses.

Top10 is all you need when your scoring 105 points a game.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                          He'll probably ride him on the bench all game long. See JJ.
                          Two different levels of defensive talent
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I'd be weary of having a big like him who shoots FTs really poorly during crunch time.

He's a good player, but has he ever anchored an effective defence? I'm clueless about advanced stats and what not, but I'm looking at Hollinger's Team Stats and Clippers are around 16th in defensive efficiency. Compare that to the higher ups like Golden State and Memphis who use centers like Marc Gasol and Andrew Bogut. I dunno if Jordan would really do much in Toronto.

Having to constantly pull him out of the paint to hedge would negate his shot blocking IMO. If the team were to bring him in I'd rather have him protecting the paint than running around the perimeter.
                            OG is our king

Comment

Good enough to win a championship. That team had an aging rotation of guards who actually couldn't keep up with with most guards but Tyson Chandler covered up all their weaknesses.

Top10 is all you need when your scoring 105 points a game.
                              They had one "old" guard, who happened to be Jason Kidd, one of the greatest defensive guards of all time, and who they played a lot at SG so he wouldn't be at a quickness disadvantage.

Did they have 10 defensive stoppers? No. But they had Kidd, Chandler, Marion, and Stevenson play major roles. They also utilized a zone more (something Casey's rarely used in Toronto) to help hide guys like Dirk and Barea (and having two 7 footers in Dirk and Tyson man the inside of a zone is a nice luxury to have), and the zone is often cited as a major reason they beat Miami...yet we barely see it.

Chandler was not covering up some major amount of problems. They often had 3 quality defensive pieces on the court at any given time.

Comment

Working...
                              X