DeAndre Jordan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GameBreaker wrote: View Post
    Neither could DeMar, early in his career. Jus sayin.
    Yea, but demar was a good ft shooter. He had the basics. DJ is a terrible FT shooter on the other hand.
    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      Also the big turnaround in his career came with a coaching change to a guy who stopped underutilizing him....hmmm
      Yeah and he never played in the 4th quarter under Del Negro. But Doc let him play and put trust in him and look how he's turned out
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

They had one "old" guard, who happened to be Jason Kidd, one of the greatest defensive guards of all time, and who they played a lot at SG so he wouldn't be at a quickness disadvantage.

Did they have 10 defensive stoppers? No. But they had Kidd, Chandler, Marion, and Stevenson play major roles. They also utilized a zone more (something Casey's rarely used in Toronto) to help hide guys like Dirk and Barea (and having two 7 footers in Dirk and Tyson man the inside of a zone is a nice luxury to have), and the zone is often cited as a major reason they beat Miami...yet we barely see it.

Chandler was not covering up some major amount of problems. They often had 3 quality defensive pieces on the court at any given time.
        That is very well put. I clearly remember that Dallas D would morph into a Zone; depending on who's on the floor and they did quite a bit.
        AFtre reading and reading (not enough); here are my conclusions (you may have already seen that or even posted it before).
        1. Defense HAS to take into account the personnel at hand
        2. Defense NEEDS CORE principles (raps, hornets, chi have VERY different principles) which must be understood by the players.
        3. Defense MUST take into account MATCH UPS and tactics (team and individually)

The problem with raps and most bad defense is that they have major failures in those 3 areas.
        1. it's the obvious one (we have shitty defenders and playing a scramble D makes them look even worst)
        2. for this area, all D systems are equivalent, raps are not worse than let's say Chi
        3. this is where i think raps have major issues. for example we could edge, show or ice the P&R but WE NEVER ICE even though against certain teams, IT would clearly be the best options.
        I think it's due to a lack of vision or maybe the coaching staff don'T want to "complicate" things or confuse the players. But from what I've seen the BEST DEFENSE are the ones that take YOU OUT OF YOUR CONFORT ZONE CONSTANTLY, and that means SOMETIMES THE DEFENSE has to ADAPT.

Having somewhat of a "flexible system" is necessary WHEN YOU DO NOT HAVE the horses to IMPOSE your will defensively by DOING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER.

Personally, I would be AGGRESSIVE with AMIR at the C; and change it to a Thibs style Defense when JV is at the 5 and GV is on the floor, but then again, that might also create too much confusion.

The Blazers defense would be a good case study. I'll try to look into that.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          6'11" 265 lbs 26 years old(turns 27 in Jul 21st)

One if not the best defensive Centers in the league. Would fit in Casey's system perfectly. Helps us in all our defensive liability.

Casey has been trying to make offensive first players into defensive players. He did well his first couple years in hiding and masking these players. The league has caught up and it's time that Masai started getting coach some defensive first players for coach to plug into his system.

With DJ anchoring our defense I think this puts us in contention in the east.

Masai time to open up the check book and pay this man!
          YOU KNOW ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT BASKETBALL.
          There's really nothing else to be said. Do a bit of research;come back and edit your post.

Comment

So a team with Chris Paul on the perimeter and supposedly one of the best defensive anchors in the league is ranked 15th in Defensive rating
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

GameBreaker wrote: View Post
              Neither could DeMar, early in his career. Jus sayin.
              DeMar could hit mid range jumpshots since high school. It was the three he always sucked at.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                Last night 16 and 16 with 2 blcks vs Marc Gasol
                Marc got injured in the first few minutes of the game.

Comment

Meh. He's 17th among C's in DRPM and allows 49% shooting at the rim (2nd worst of the top 9 guys in blocks per game and 5th worst of the top 23). Meanwhile the Clippers defence is better with him on the bench.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                    So a team with Chris Paul on the perimeter and supposedly one of the best defensive anchors in the league is ranked 15th in Defensive rating
                    #CaseysFault

Comment

Jordan wants the max.. and since he's not really an effective 2-way player its not worth it. Besides the center starting spot is locked up.. and unless the Raptors are going after Gasol they should use their money on something that they really need - like a PF or a SF that can shoot and play defense.

If the goal is to add talent that suits Casey's strengths then I'd rather look for a PF that can do their best Amir impersonation. And the closest I guess would be Draymond Green. I'd rather give Green the max over Jordan anyway.

Comment

I'd would gladly pay Middleton or green 13+ mil a year if they were available

Comment

draps wrote: View Post
                          MLSE may hold you to that. Hope you have funds available to sign them.

Comment

Also the big turnaround in his career came with a coaching change to a guy who stopped underutilizing him....hmmm
                            Lol Sometimes when a coach talks up his players to boost their confidence they play better?

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                              MLSE may hold you to that. Hope you have funds available to sign them.
                              You're such a sarcastic poster, it makes me laugh reading some of the things you post.

In a good way

Comment

Which Green?
                                Anyways, doesn't matter, Middleton has the better stats.
                                13M for Middleton, I could live with that.
                                Mil may try to match, but since it doesn't look like that J. Kidd cares for advance or basic stats, maybe we could steal him in a trade ?

draps wrote: View Post

Comment

Working...
                                X