2015 Playoff Round #1: Raptors v Wizards - Predictions/Recap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
    he talks all this s**t and can't back it up.
    I thought you had a legit explanation.

You're grasping for straws. Just because he said "Fuck Brooklyn" and "We don't give a shit about it", doesn't mean squat. He did that to pump up our fans. So unless you can elaborate on something with substance regarding Masai talking "all this shit", then I don't see your point.

Masai will get his chance to show his worth this summer. He'll get to choose a coach of his choice to start with, and then go from there. Albeit I don't see this summer with immense optimism like most fans do, but I think he'll continue to right the ship. The summer of 2016 will be his true test. But right now, I think he's done a fine job with this organization and he's one of the lesser people I point my fingers at currently.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
      The players play the game... they share equal blame. they were fucking horrible all series long.
      definitely, but setting back guys like Val a couple years lines him up first.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
        definitely, but setting back guys like Val a couple years lines him up first.
        Agreed. He is first to go, ASAP. But there's a lot of players that need to be looked at as well. The way he's handled JV has been inexcusable IMO.

Comment

• But really...

For anyone who's been following this team for a long time, for anyone who's been following this team from the beginning...

Wasn't this the most fitting possible way to end the 20th anniversary season?

#Raptors4Life
          Last edited by JimiCliff; Mon Apr 27, 2015, 02:58 PM.
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Not really. We have to stop sucking sometime..

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
              Btw...unrelated and I'm not sure if it was him, but was Masai at the White House Correspondents Dinner thing last night?
              Yes! MU can be seen laughing at 2:18 of Obama's speech.

Comment

• Not Too Xabi wrote: View Post
                Shoutout to everyone who watched this series front to back.
                Does Raptor's Republic have a therapist they could recommend me, I feel traumatized.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                  They were right...
                  I was always confused by the 3-0 record against the Wizards ... A

Comment

• I watched games 1,2, and 3 start to finish. I watched the first half of Q1, then switched to League Pass "condensed" version. I'm embarrased to be a Raps fan atm. And probably will be until we hire a new coach.
                    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

• Lowry and Casey throwing each other under the bus during the exit press spot

Casey saying JJ was most gifted player on team... but couldn't find spot for him...

this team is going to have a serious new look to it come next year
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                        Lowry and Casey throwing each other under the bus during the exit press spot

Casey saying JJ was most gifted player on team... but couldn't find spot for him...

this team is going to have a serious new look to it come next year
                        Yup I'm sure Lowry isn't gonna be happy with Casey throwing him under the bus and basically calling him fat or out of shape
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Why The Toronto Raptors Got Swept By The Wizards

Comment

• "Coaching criminality" love this. This man speaks the truth.

Comment

• This is a good analysis. I said before that playoffs that if Hansbrough and James Johnson did not see significant minutes, the team would likely lose. Hansbrough did start two games, but did not play a starter's minutes--those went to the defensively challenged Patrick Patterson and (for this series) Amir Johnson. Also, by starting Hansbrough, the White Squad that was so effective all during the season did not play together at all, and James Johnson was missing.

Hansbrough's minutes dropped drastically after the all-star break, up until he started the last six games. That's the main reason for his drop in defensive rating. The team went 10-4 when he played more than ten minutes, but 2-11 when he did not. As this video shows, he can be very effective on the court, doing things that a lot of fans do not notice, and do not show up in the box score.

As for Lowry, his passing was subpar the whole series, and that set the tone for the whole team. Notice at the 1:42 mark that DeRozan has Hansbrough open in the lane, but fails to get him the ball. This could be said for any of the Raptors' bigs, but in large part accounts for why Hans took so few shots in the series.
                              Last edited by caccia; Fri May 1, 2015, 10:15 AM.

Comment

• The lack of movement in the offence was starkly noticeable when Toronto played teams like Boston, San Antonio, and even Orlando. That failure is 90% on the coaches, 10% on the players for not cutting the way Landry Fields does.
                                Last edited by caccia; Fri May 1, 2015, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X