Why was KL so terrible today ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tDotted wrote: View Post
    But when the distance between Beal and DeRozan is supposedly "not even close", yes it does mean something.
    The distance between Jamaal Magliore in 2004 compared to Harrington, Jefferson, Okafor, Chandler, Ilgauskas, Varejao, Rasheed Wallace, Kukoc, David West, Howard, Bosh,

One NBA All Star appearance means jack, especially when comparing an older player to a younger one.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

Really looking forward to see what happens next. Likely going to define Masai's Raptor legacy.

I wish I had a magic 8 ball to tell me if this team with a competent coach is worth keeping together. That would resolve a lot of my thinking of late.
      A flaw is a flaw. There has been much written about this here ... eg. the missing pf or a needed sf or the backup centre or the inadequate pg etc.

I think competent minds in the business can separate deficiencies of a team and/from those of the resident coach and make changes in both areas. For a new coach it shall be a new team to mold regardless of the personnel.

ps...my patience quotient is waning I am afraid...a whole season/year has passed in the interest of MU ensuring/defining the quality of his assets ....especially under playoff fire.

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
        The distance between Jamaal Magliore in 2004 compared to Harrington, Jefferson, Okafor, Chandler, Ilgauskas, Varejao, Rasheed Wallace, Kukoc, David West, Howard, Bosh,

One NBA All Star appearance means jack, especially when comparing an older player to a younger one.
        Half the guys you listed were rookies (which Beal isn't). Harrington was a crappy defender; Ilgauskus, and Sheed were former allstars; Varejao, Chandler, West, and Kukoc weren't even starters on their team; Bosh wasn't in the same conference (meaning he never competed with Jamal for an all star spot)

Also:
        They play the same position, in the same conference. The fact that one has an all-star appearance over the other (after 3 years of being in the league) is telling. Not the whole story, but certainly worth mentioning.
        Last edited by tDotted; Wed Apr 22, 2015, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Half the guys you listed were rookies (which Beal isn't). Harrington was a crappy defender; Ilgauskus, and Sheed were former allstars; Varejao, Chandler, West, and Kukoc weren't even starters on their team; Bosh wasn't in the same conference (meaning he never competed with Jamal for an all star spot)

Also:
          Bosh and Jamaal were both in the East

Also, DD in his all-star year Beal was a second year guy....so I really don't see why the comparison is all that inaccurate.

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
            Bosh and Jamaal were both in the East

Also, DD in his all-star year Beal was a second year guy....so I really don't see why the comparison is all that inaccurate.
            I forgot they used to play in the East.. even then, Bosh was only a rookie when Jamaal earned his first appearance (last 5 rookie all stars are: Griffin, Ming, Duncan, Grant Hill, and Shaq). Look at Anthony Davis for example, no one was calling him a top PF until he earned that first allstar appearance in his second year.

Beal's stats have dropped since last year (Bosh's steadily increased) so I'm not sure where the 'not even close' comes into play.

Comment

Working...
            X