Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lou Williams Wins 6th Man of the Year!! Congrats Lou!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lou Williams Wins 6th Man of the Year!! Congrats Lou!!

Crazy!

NEW YORK — The Toronto Raptors' Lou Williams, who averaged a career-high 15.5 points this season and helped Toronto win a franchise-record 49 games, is the winner of the 2014-15 Kia NBA Sixth Man Award as the league's best player in a reserve role, the NBA announced today. The 6-1 guard becomes the first Raptors player to earn the honor.

Williams, in his 10th NBA season and first with the Raptors, amassed 78 first-place votes and 502 total points from a panel of 130 sportswriters and broadcasters throughout the United States and Canada. Isaiah Thomas of the Boston Celtics finished second with 324 points (33 first-place votes), and two-time winner Jamal Crawford of the Los Angeles Clippers was third with 131 points (eight first-place votes).

Players were awarded five points for each first-place vote, three points for each second-place vote and one point for each third-place vote. To be eligible for the award, players had to have come off the bench in more games than they started.

Source
    Last edited by Joey; Mon Apr 20, 2015, 12:36 PM.

Congrats Lou. I think we have perfect relationship with him, most of the time we hate him, but tbh we kinda love him when he makes these crazy daggers.

Anyway, Congrats.

Good for him and Raps org.!

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
      Congrats Lou. I think we have perfect relationship with him, most of the time we hate him, but tbh we kinda love him when he makes these crazy daggers.

Anyway, Congrats.

Good for him and Raps org.!
      Agreed. It's the epitome of a love hate relationship. When he's jacking bricks it's the worst thing to watch, but when he's dialed in, there's nothing sweeter.

Congrats Loooouuuuu
      Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
      Because its 2015

Comment

Considering we acquired him for [basically] free, this has to be one of the greatest transactions in team history.

Comment

6 man like I'm Lou Will!!!!!
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Lou Williams acquires 6th Man of the Year Award

Next goal: juggling 3 women at once
            OG is our king

Comment

Thats actually a surprise, him getting it over IT. Regardless, congrats to him. Hope we let him walk this summer.

Comment

As an aside, remember back in the day when Amir publicly stated his goals as earning DPOY? Those were the days....

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  As an aside, remember back in the day when Amir publicly stated his goals as earning DPOY? Those were the days....
                  His ankles didn't cooperate
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

bit ot

Comment

Man, it's been so long since we won an award. First Rap since Vince won Rookie of the Year in 1999 I think.

Congrats Lou!!!

Comment

That is quite the honour...it is all-NBA and imo somewhat more valuable than an allstar nomination which frequently is a popularity contest. It's a single award and he also won it going away. Good payday coming up.

Now show us your game against the Whizzies.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                          Man, it's been so long since we won an award. First Rap since Vince won Rookie of the Year in 1999 I think.

Congrats Lou!!!
                          well we had couple all-nba awards

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                            Agreed. It's the epitome of a love hate relationship. When he's jacking bricks it's the worst thing to watch, but when he's dialed in, there's nothing sweeter.

Congrats Loooouuuuu
                            Step back 30ft buzzer-beating swish/brick/swish/brick ..... like I'm Lou Will. Congrats Lou!!!

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              Considering we acquired him for [basically] free, this has to be one of the greatest transactions in team history.
                              Better or worse than the Indiana picking up David West...both stories share a lot of similarities.

Comment

Working...
                              X