Will Ujiri be too chickens**t to fire Casey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SamMitchells wrote: View Post
    If Casey aint gone next year haha, what a joke. Won't see me here on these forums except to ridicule some of the optimists .
    Not like I'm here for any other purpose anyways , but if they bring a system orientated coach and a strong rebounding powerforward this off season , I'll go in to full fan mode .
    Lol, anything else they can do to keep you as a fan?

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
      Lol, anything else they can do to keep you as a fan?
      Nah, hoops fan first , raptor fan second.

And I am not a fan of that which I don't agree with.
      (ISO trash basketball)
      2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

This summer will have to be the summer of Masai. I think it's clear where changes have to be made, it's up to him now to make them happen. He has to put his stamp on this team now by acquiring starters and a proper coach to see this through for the coveted "championship run". No more filling in roster spots on the bench.
        Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
        Because its 2015

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          In eager to become a blind, homer fan once again.

I am even more eager to actually enjoy watching the games again. There have been very few enjoyable games this year.

Give me something to believe in.
          Nah I'm done believing in this team. From now on I'm expecting the worst all the time
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
            Nah I'm done believing in this team. From now on I'm expecting the worst all the time
            There is something to be said for never being disappointed.

Comment

I applaud the idea of you guys being so passionate about your team that it drives you to be so dramatic. But save that drama for your baby mamma's...time to regroup and cheer our team on. Raptors in 6 baby!!

Comment

Will Ujiri be too chickens**t to fire Casey
                Well, he fired pretty much the entire front office, so, I don't think he'll have any issue firing a coach. What will be interesting is if no proven head coaches hit the market for whatever reason. Where does he go then?

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                  Well, he fired pretty much the entire front office, so, I don't think he'll have any issue firing a coach. What will be interesting is if no proven head coaches hit the market for whatever reason. Where does he go then?
                  Experience isn't a prerequisite.

Every single NBA head coach, good and bad, got their start somewhere.

I can't imagine an interview more important to landing a job than an NBA head coach.

Comment

Soooo you want toronto to be the training wheels for new coaches.

got it.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post

got it.
                      As opposed to the walking stick for crippled old coaches

Comment

RepTdot wrote: View Post
                        we are looking at getting swept or losing in 5...Casey is a big reason for this team underachieving and is no Masai's guy or hire...1st round loss (especially a sweep or in 5) should get Casey fired
                        No he isn't. He is a terrible coach

Comment

RepTdot wrote: View Post
                          we are looking at getting swept or losing in 5...Casey is a big reason for this team underachieving and is no Masai's guy or hire...1st round loss (especially a sweep or in 5) should get Casey fired
                          Sorry, misread under achieve for over. Seen too many poster still defending the dumbass

Comment

Casey will be gone. Jesus fuck guys, do you not follow pro sports????

The coach is there to be a fall guy. Period. That buys GM's more time, and then the GM is there to be a fall guy, that buys ownership and marketing a bit of time.

Thats pro sports, its cyclic.

the GM is ultimately responsible for the product on the floor. Anyone watching this team, with even a LITTLE understanding of pro sports, and the game of basketball would tell you, this is NOT a good basketball team... not in the "playoff" sense.

The overwhelming force of the lynch mob chasing the coach here is comical to me.
                            Well Said.

Comment

got it.
                              That is only if you make a bad hire.

My point was there are lots of examples of coaches with no experience who become great.

Also all the greats need to get a start somewhere.

Doesn't matter if the guy has experience or not if you make a bad hire.

I recognize I'm not doing a great job explaining or articulating here. Hopefully you get the point.

Comment

got it.
                                Tell that to Steve Kerr, Mike Budenholzer, Tom Thibideau, Dave Joerger, etc.... All assistant's who immediately excelled at their first head coaching gig. Established assistants is the most proven way of getting a good head coach. Very rarely do former head coach's work out, they were fired for a reason.

Of course, according to you we have no business speculating on coaches since we ourselves are not NBA coaches......

Comment

Working...
                                X