Will Ujiri be too chickens**t to fire Casey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post

You're just stating the obvious in that every coaching hire doesn't work out, only some do. I bet that the success rate of former head coaches that were fired is worse than assistants that were given their first shot.
    I may be stating the obvious but you are just using few isolated examples and generalizing it. As far the 2nd part, I am actually curious to know that. Do you have any data to back it up ?

Primer wrote: View Post
    As people have stated, every single good coach in the NBA was given their gig with no prior NBA head coaching experience. Sounds like you want JVG or Thibs, I'm fine with either of those guys if they're available, put them on the interview list with a bunch of top assistants and I trust Ujiri to pick the right one.
    I think Thibs and JVG are great coaches if we want to compete next year. But if we are going through another rebuild and ... maybe there are better coaches out there who would enjoy a growth with a young team.

As far as MU and trusting him goes, I hold my judgment on him after this summer.He has a lot of prove this summer.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
      Depends on where a team is in its development. Established team like the Spurs or Mavericks are more coach GM filling immediate needs at the expense of BPA and developing. Hinkie is a scout GM who needed to focus on the now vs later. Morely in Houston isn't a scout or coach but value GM like Hinkie gather assets to trade. Imho
      i would add that Morey & Hinkie come with a stats academic background and are analytucs driven as well as have a good understanding of cap issues...essentially numbers people. Hinkie actually is a bit of a savant/prodigy in academia (check his wiki page). Does this translate to a successful transformation of the Sixers? It shall be interesting to follow.

Comment

• Niagara Raptor wrote: View Post
        if he isnt fired its an indictment of ujiri

this is how the meeting should go
        first your a defensive coach and your team doesnt play defense explain that
        your offense hasnt worked since game 25 why hasnt it been changed?
        how goes the development of JV and Ross going?
        is the team even listening to you anymore?
        i gave you the tools (James Johnson) to match up against big small forwards why dont you use it?
        and lastly, we are getting killed on the boards and u dont play your best rebounder, explain that?
        and lastly why cant you rein in lowry's bad tendencies?
        Exactly. I couldn't have summarize this any better.
        Last edited by RPT23; Thu Apr 23, 2015, 03:11 PM. Reason: Forgot the dang quote
        #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          This was basically a thread for peanutwozzle to take out his personal vendetta about Ujiri, didn't really warrant MORE fire Casey discussion, it's happening everywhere.

Why in anyones right mind would Ujiri be "chicken shit"? Is Dwane Casey a mob boss? Is Ujiri going to lift his blanket and find a severed rock in his bed?
          Hahaha, at first I thought "That's a weird typo - don't you mean 'a severed head'?" Then I got it.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
          X