Off-Season NEEDS Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tDotted wrote: View Post
    Not really a need but I think Jrue Holiday might be fairly attainable considering how well Evans has performed at PG
    He really is a defense first PG...even whens injured.

Length and size are the way to go (look at Milwaukee)

Starting with a lineup of Holiday/LaVert/Lamb and transitioning to Lucas/LaVert/Bruno is a pretty good way to grow the team...and it wont be guard dominant

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post

Starting with a lineup of Holiday/LaVert/Lamb and transitioning to Lucas/LaVert/Bruno is a pretty good way to grow the team...and it wont be guard dominant
      I know you're big on Lavert but he is going back to school.

Comment

It would have made so much more sense to have a defensive backup PG this year instead of GV. Lowry/Lou/DD are already one or two ball dominant shooters at the guard position too many - throw in GV and you've got four guys with way too much skill overlap and the same weakness (on-ball defense) to varying degrees. All those nights the Raps got torched by small guards...
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Fire Casey. Flip him the bird at the press conference. Toronto will love it.

Call up Kevin Ollie and tell him to get his butt down here, there's games to win dammit.

If you're going to trade Lowry anywhere the first person i'd call is Morey

Lowry for a S/T Beverly, McDaniels and Jones (jones isn't a S/T)

good luck trading GV anywhere. better off just hanging onto him (ughhh i know it pains me too) but play him 10ish minutes a game

let everyone walk

as he's walking out the door ask Amir if he'd be cool coming back for a reduced role/salary. give him the "you want to use those ankles when you're retired right?" speech

Call up Chicago and ask them what they want for Taj. Laugh at them and hang up. Call back an hour later and give them what they want.

Trade Demar for a top 5 pick + terrible contract. i'm looking at you, Philly. You can't keep trotting out a bunch of talented but young guys forever.

Go BPA on that pick.

Sign Middleton. Turns out big small forwards who can defend and play defense are key to the playoffs? Who knew!

Salivate over your current roster.

C: VAL/Amir?
          PF: GIBSON/Jones/Amir?/draft pic?
          SF: MIDDLETON/draft pick?/bruno
          SG: ROSS/McDaniels/draft pick?
          PG: BEVERLY/gv/draft pick?
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I'll probably get roasted for this, but why not trade DeRozan + Valanciunas, maybe a first rounder next year for Ibaka and then throw money at Gasol or DeAndre Jordan (preferably Jordan) ? Length at the 4 and 5 solved. Defense solved. Lowry can throw up lobs all day. 3 spot would be a bit of a hole though. Lol. We would be tough to play against.

Comment

Dallas needs a PG and wants to win now - Rondo is out and Nelson is a FA. Send them Lowry for Parsons - straight up works, or throw in Ross if it makes somebody happy.

Let TO free agents walk. Maybe look at re-signing Lou if the contract is friendly and if Lowry is replaced by a defensive player. No Lou if the next PG is a shooter.

Sign Patrick Beverly. Some interesting PF free agents available too, either to start or for depth: Aldridge, Millsap, T.Thompson (restricted), Ed Davis (player option).

Comment

Parsons is intriguing, but then who do you give the 1 position to? Vasquez? Dallas went hard after Parsons last off season , so I don't know how willing they would be to part with him after 1 season

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                  Parsons is intriguing, but then who do you give the 1 position to? Vasquez? Dallas went hard after Parsons last off season , so I don't know how willing they would be to part with him after 1 season
                  They probably wouldn't. I don't think they're any better replacing Parsons with Lowry. Giving them a SF (Ross) would probably be the only way they'd even answer that call.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                    I know you're big on Lavert but he is going back to school.
                    Dammit...figured he would after being injured this year.

Oh well the plan is still the same, go for long wing players who can shoot, pass, and handle but who arent ball dominating.

Stauskas fits that minus the length. Could be worth looking into for a Ross/Nik swap

Comment

I'll probably get roasted for this, but why not trade DeRozan + Valanciunas, maybe a first rounder next year for Ibaka and then throw money at Gasol or DeAndre Jordan (preferably Jordan) ? Length at the 4 and 5 solved. Defense solved. Lowry can throw up lobs all day. 3 spot would be a bit of a hole though. Lol. We would be tough to play against.
                      I'm not sure OKC would want to trade for a couple guys that will need big new contracts in 2016, same summer they may be in a fight to hang onto Durant. I think they're more likely to want cost certainty above just about everything else.

Comment

No reason for OKC to make this trade. They're trying to win the title next year. This makes them worse short term (if not long term as well).
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

I dont think gambling on a major free agent signing to be a contender is the best idea...especially after trading our best asset (JV)

Comment

Dammit...figured he would after being injured this year.

Oh well the plan is still the same, go for long wing players who can shoot, pass, and handle but who arent ball dominating.

Stauskas fits that minus the length. Could be worth looking into for a Ross/Nik swap
                            I don't know, this team already has a pile of shooters. I'd look at replacing one or two of the perimeter players with defenders who can rebound. But yes, "go for long wing players who can shoot, pass, and handle but who arent ball dominating" - like Terrence Ross. Would have been nice if he had developed any kind of game by this point.

Comment

I still don't want to trade Lowry despite the fact that he has been playing like trash. He's still the engine of this team. I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt considering he was a huge reason for their success last season and early this year. I mean he was in discussion for league MVP early in the year.

And Lowry should have been all-NBA last year.. I thought he should have got it over Lillard. His reputation I think screwed that for him.. but he's not a bad player and has not peaked in my opinion.

You can't overhaul the entire roster in one year... he has to make a decision on Amir.. so 1/5 of the starting line up is questionable already. Ross has been playing like sh!t. But he can be signed to a really cheap contract and on such a contract he's worth keeping around.. don't need him to be a starter though. JV is a keeper of course unless they can get a star. Would Sacramento trade Cousins for JV and parts? You trade JV you have to get a center back or else its not worth it.

DD is probably a keeper although his trade value is going to be at his highest. He'd be dumb not to use his player option considering the cap boom, so he's going to be a rental. But I can see teams salivating to get him.. Boston, Milwaukee, Minnesota, LAL, Detroit, Chicago (if they lose Butler), Indiana, Charlotte, Denver, etc could all use an upgrade at SG.

Anyway the goal should be pretty simple:

1) Find a new coach
                              2) Find a PF
                              3) Get a defensive minded wing that can stop guard penetration, but isn't a liability on offense
                              4) Fill out the bench with cheap contracts that are easy to move

I'd personally love to trade GV because I don't like how he plays. But that's not as urgent as the other moves that Masai has to worry about.

Comment

Depending who you retain, you could platoon GV/Lou/Patrick Beverly (or someone like that) at PG. Especially if you gave DeMar more facilitating duties. I think he plays better when he's focused on initiating the offense rather than just scoring.

Comment

Working...
                                X