No announcement yet.

Playoff failure: Will this define DD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think one thing you have to consider is that DD should by all accounts have a very long career ahead of him and at some point he is going stop being viewed as the number one option on this or any team he is on and more correctly as a role player. I'm thinking he should have an Igoudala-lite career. Much like Igoudala, nobody judges his or other role players careers based on playoffs because they shouldn't really bare the responsibility of carrying a team.

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
      Q: You know what the common denominator for a lot of losing Raptors teams is?

A: DD playing a large role in the offense

*Drops the mic
      Well, okay. He's played a large role in the offense for what, 4 years? The last two have been the most successful seasons in franchise history.

So:

Q: You know what the common denominator for the two most successful season in Raptors franchise history is?

*Drops the mic

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
        I think one thing you have to consider is that DD should by all accounts have a very long career ahead of him and at some point he is going stop being viewed as the number one option on this or any team he is on and more correctly as a role player. I'm thinking he should have an Igoudala-lite career. Much like Igoudala, nobody judges his or other role players careers based on playoffs because they shouldn't really bare the responsibility of carrying a team.
        A couple of big problems with this forecast:

- Iguodala-lite in terms of production maybe, but not in terms of money. DD is going to get PAID his next contract.

- Iguodala was an elite defender. Almost every 3rd option type role player, which seems to be the consensus of what DD's ideal role should be, brings fantastic defence to the table. DD doesn't. This being the case, I'm not sure exactly how you fit Derozan's skills onto a good team.
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Absolutely

if he was a second or third year player i'd say no but hes been in the league long enough that he is what he is at this point.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Derozan is inefficient first option that gives you nothing on defensive end. That's what he is.
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

*Drops the mic
              Q: Do you know what the common denominator in a lot of losing Raptors teams is?

A: They have the same mascot.

Time to move on.
              That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                Well, okay. He's played a large role in the offense for what, 4 years? The last two have been the most successful seasons in franchise history.

So:

Q: You know what the common denominator for the two most successful season in Raptors franchise history is?

*Drops the mic
                A: Lowry

Comment

Other Scott wrote: View Post
                  Q: Do you know what the common denominator in a lot of losing Raptors teams is?

A: They have the same mascot.

Time to move on.
                  Interesting, we had 2 mascots last season. "The Raptor" got injured early last season, and that's when Stripes came in as rookie. Then "the Raptor" came back late in the season.

Conclusion: there's an obvious correlation between Stripes and our defensive rating and sharing the ball.

#FireTheRaptor
                  #BringBackStripes

Comment

*Drops the mic
                    Despite what people may say or feel right now, winning just shy of 100 games over the last 2 seasons is something we've never experienced as Raptors fans... and Demar was a big part of that. But drop your mic all you want. Lol
                    Last edited by Joey; Thu Apr 23, 2015, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Bit unfair to put the blame on demar. He's trying his best.
                      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                        Bit unfair to put the blame on demar. He's trying his best.
                        You forgot the pink font

Comment

DeMar plays damn hard. Hasn't been great in the first two games here, but he earned my respect last year. Still needs to be coached out of his long-two shot selection, but he stepped up his game in pretty much every way other than FG% against Brooklyn.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                            DeMar plays damn hard. Hasn't been great in the first two games here, but he earned my respect last year. Still needs to be coached out of his long-two shot selection, but he stepped up his game in pretty much every way other than FG% against Brooklyn.
                            Honest question, not meant to be directed just at you, which I'm curious about:

After getting the red-carpet treatment throughout his tenure, especially during the DC era where he's always been at least option #1b with a constant green-light and no accountability, how do you think DeRozan would respond to a new coach coming in and 'putting him in his place' (for lack of a better term)?

DeRozan achieved 'all star status' and has long been the face of the franchise, so I worry about how he would respond, especially in light of his opt-out [and an assumed big payday, likely the biggest of his career] coming up after next season. If I was MU, that uncertainty would be causing a constant dull buzzing in the back of my brain for the next year, despite how great a solider DD has been for the Raptors and how great a citizen he's been for MLSE.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                              Many might not believe it but I have a lot of respect for DeRozan. ..... I just hate what appears to be his preferred style of play.

With that said, I get what you are saying, however is don't think it is a good idea to ever drive a car looking in the rear view mirror.

Comment

I've seen nothing from DD that would suggest he would complain or be disgruntled if the Raptors got someone on the team who was obviously better than him. Quite the contrary, I think he would welcome it.

Comment

Working...
                                X