Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So who's available and who should we target?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two damn good. Vets with strong mindset to give boots to the young slackers
    The core just needs that on court. Vet experience
    It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

Muhammad Ali

Comment

Risk Mgmt wrote: View Post
      Two damn good. Vets with strong mindset to give boots to the young slackers
      The core just needs that on court. Vet experience
      If you watched the entire 4th qtr of gm4 - you would've seen how Pierce, wall, Beasly all three embrased each other. The young cats looked upto a clutch vet.

Imagine whAt he brought to the locker and practice..

" that's why I'm here " pierce yelling at the end of game.
      It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

Muhammad Ali

Comment

I'm gonna take the full on tank route just for fun. None of this will happen but it's fun to speculate and play armchair GM.

Trade DeRozan and Vasquez to Utah for Exum and a couple of 2nd rounders. Maybe get either Burks or Burke instead of the 2nd rounders if you're lucky. Utah probably couldn't turn down a chance to add an all-star to their core and accelerate their rebuild and Exum isn't much to give up.

Trade Lowry, Patterson and James Johnson to the Lakers for Randle. Take back Nick Young if that gets you a Houston's 2015 or a 2nd rounder. It's cheap help for the Lakers and at this point if you're Kobe would you rather have Rondo or Lowry for much cheaper? Patterson is a good Love backup / backup plan that gives you spacing, and Johnson is cheap wing depth. It's a good, cheap step toward being competitive next year and leaves plenty of room to add another star and roster depth, especially with their pick potentially still in play.

You go into next year with Exum, Ross, Caboclo, Randle and JV. That team would be awful but it'd be full of potential and lots of fun to watch grow. Not saying it could or even should happen, but it's fun to think about.

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post
          Great point and this is why some of us said it over and over that a good performance in this play off is very important for future recruiting of the star players. However, MU did not believe in that and thought sitting pat is enough and this team is good enough to compete.
          I think you're getting it all wrong. MU initiated tank mode, but for some miraculous reason the raps actually played well. We were a basket short of making 2nd round. In the offseason, he did what he had to do which was resign key pieces (lowry and our role players) at reasonable prices and brought in lou on a ONE YEAR contract to see how far it takes us this year. There wasn't much we could do with all those bad contracts on our books. Now that he's seen how far this current team can go, he's in a great situation to make changes THIS offseason. Camby, fields, and a bunch of other contracts are done, leaving us with only 9 guys on the books. So from that standpoint, i don't see how you can blame MU.

As for the original topic, it's a pipe dream but it'd be awesome if we managed to get kawhi leonard. Butttt spurs love him and are planning to offer max so this isn't happening. Middleton would be nice and we could potentially get him since Bucks already have giannis, jabari and a bunch of other wing players. Batum would also be an interesting target but his contract is pretty expensive. Considering Amir likely won't be with us though, it makes more sense to start JJ at the 3 and spend the money on a solid 4 though (assuming DC is moved).

Comment

Pong wrote: View Post
            I think you're getting it all wrong. MU initiated tank mode, but for some miraculous reason the raps actually played well. We were a basket short of making 2nd round. In the offseason, he did what he had to do which was resign key pieces (lowry and our role players) at reasonable prices and brought in lou on a ONE YEAR contract to see how far it takes us this year. There wasn't much we could do with all those bad contracts on our books. Now that he's seen how far this current team can go, he's in a great situation to make changes THIS offseason. Camby, fields, and a bunch of other contracts are done, leaving us with only 9 guys on the books. So from that standpoint, i don't see how you can blame MU.

As for the original topic, it's a pipe dream but it'd be awesome if we managed to get kawhi leonard. Butttt spurs love him and are planning to offer max so this isn't happening. Middleton would be nice and we could potentially get him since Bucks already have giannis, jabari and a bunch of other wing players. Batum would also be an interesting target but his contract is pretty expensive. Considering Amir likely won't be with us though, it makes more sense to start JJ at the 3 and spend the money on a solid 4 though (assuming DC is moved).
            Batum was fairly awful this year too. Very skeptical he's worth his contract anymore.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
              Batum was fairly awful this year too. Very skeptical he's worth his contract anymore.
              Yea that's true, it's tough to justify that salary based on his performance.

If we ignore whoever is coaching Raps and look only at player talent, Monroe (UFA), Tristan Thompson (RFA), Thomas Robinson (UFA), Seraphin (UFA), or Millsap (UFA) are good big men targets. Monroe, TT and Robinson solves our rebounding issues. Seraphin is an under the radar guy since he's playing behind gortat and nene.

As for wings, Wes Matthews (UFA), Middleton (RFA) and KJ McDaniels (RFA) would be good targets. Wes Matthews was having a career year before the serious injury. If he can get over it and return to normal, he could be a bargain since his price tag may be a bit lower now than pre injury. He's a solid 2 way player and one of the best 3pt shooters in the league. KJ is a raw, wing defender who is capable of hitting the 3, but his athleticism + blocking ability makes him a good prospect and would definitely up the entertainment factor in games.

Comment

If we ignore whoever is coaching Raps and look only at player talent, Monroe (UFA), Tristan Thompson (RFA), Thomas Robinson (UFA), Seraphin (UFA), or Millsap (UFA) are good big men targets. Monroe, TT and Robinson solves our rebounding issues. Seraphin is an under the radar guy since he's playing behind gortat and nene.

As for wings, Wes Matthews (UFA), Middleton (RFA) and KJ McDaniels (RFA) would be good targets. Wes Matthews was having a career year before the serious injury. If he can get over it and return to normal, he could be a bargain since his price tag may be a bit lower now than pre injury. He's a solid 2 way player and one of the best 3pt shooters in the league. KJ is a raw, wing defender who is capable of hitting the 3, but his athleticism + blocking ability makes him a good prospect and would definitely up the entertainment factor in games.
                DerMarre Carroll would be a good SF target as well, would he not?

Comment

You need to add. Veteran player with damn good playoff experience - chuck don't count
                  this is true but ideally you want players that can still play, like Pierce. that's the hard part.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I'd stay away from Matthews. He ruptured his achilles. Could come back fine, but it's probably one of the worst sports injuries possible. I don't know if it will lower his price tag at all either, because you only need one or two teams to bid on him to inflate it. The "damaged goods" risk just seems like one we don't have to take.

Comment

I love Beverley, we need a gritty defensive guy like that on our team. He also bring a lot of energy

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
                        and then sign parkins/mcgee as backup center, resign hans and S&T gv for Beverley
                        As well as look into singing Millsap or David West at PF

Comment

Bourgozie wrote: View Post
                          I love Beverley, we need a gritty defensive guy like that on our team. He also bring a lot of energy
                          That's good and all, but if we're blowing things up and trading Lowry and/or DeMar, having a role player like Beverley is kind of pointless. It's a treadmill move. Helps us not completely suck but doesn't add talent enough to really compete. What's the point?

Or do you mean to back up Lowry? In which case I don't know why he'd go from a starting job to a back up.

Comment

You need to add. Veteran player with damn good playoff experience - chuck don't count
                            I said this after last season ended and i'm going to say it again. Trade for VINCE CARTER. He's exctly like Paul Pierce. Veteran player, leader, big shot maker and most importantly just like Pierce, Vince has that "it" factor.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
                              DerMarre Carroll would be a good SF target as well, would he not?
                              Ah yes forgot about Carroll. He'd make for a good 3, a solid glue guy and vet. I'm just a bit leery of how he'd do on the raps though. Glue guys are good when you already have solid talent. While the hawks don't have a superstar on the team, their talent is far superior to the raps. But hey, he's underrated so if he can be had for cheap, why not... And think of all the confusion his name will add to the casual fan base. We'd have a DeMar and a DerMarre!
                              Last edited by Pong; Mon Apr 27, 2015, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Ah yes forgot about Carroll. He'd make for a good 3, a solid glue guy and vet. I'm just a bit leery of how he'd do on the raps though. Glue guys are good when you already have solid talent. While the hawks don't have a superstar on the team, their talent is far superior to the raps. But hey, he's underrated so if he can be had for cheap, why not... And think of all the confusion his name will add to the casual fan base. We'd have a DeMar and a DerMarre!
                                Well, he can knock down the 3 and play defense, so he has that going for him as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X