No announcement yet.

The Curious case of Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course Superjudge. He led the league in charges and was player of the month in December because he wanted a contract....last season. Absolutely astute observation.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I find it puzzling that casey in the exit talks gives kyle the health excuse while kyle just blames himself

Comment

Needs a better system. With Casey having a non-existent system, he just seemed to try and want to push the team himself. That's an admirable quality, but not good for a basketball team.
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
          Ok.

We all bought in. He won us all over.

Question needs to be asked.... did Kyle Lowry pull a "contract year" Houdini act on the Toronto raptors?
          It may be hard to trade KL. 48m 4 years. I think we are stuck with him. The only viable move to get a new coach.

Comment

Kyle Lowry is still the best player we have and 12 mil per is good value. Look at the whole body of work. Put down the pitchforks
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
              It may be hard to trade KL. 48m 4 years. I think we are stuck with him. The only viable move to get a new coach.
              there would be suitor's for kyle he has a tradable contract

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                Of course Superjudge. He led the league in charges and was player of the month in December because he wanted a contract....last season. Absolutely astute observation.
                You know whats sad, when a guy lash's out at someone for posting an idea that they lasher simply doesn't quite comprehend.

Good work man.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                  Occam's Razor. He was either injured/hurt or he simply regressed back to his career numbers.

We should keep in mind that Lowry has basically been the same guy for the last 4 seasons. Last year, he shot the ball extremely well and was given a bigger role offensively in terms of being asked to score than he had ever had before. This season's shooting numbers are more in line with his career numbers, though the 3-pt shooting took a big drop-off.

I look at Lowry the same way I look at Derozan: if you need them to take the lead for a month while your #1 guy is out then they can do the job and win you games. If you need either of them to be your #1 guy for 7 months then you got a big problem.
                  I dunno, if you want to go all Occam's Razor on this, you have to consider that he already quit once on Casey, and on Mchale before that. He just doesn't have a history of being a good soldier.
                  "Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                    I dunno, if you want to go all Occam's Razor on this, you have to consider that he already quit once on Casey, and on Mchale before that. He just doesn't have a history of being a good soldier.
                    This is what I'm getting at. Lowry didn't change his talent last year, or his effort, that wasnt what made him good, or grabbed him a good contract. lowry bought in and played the par of leader, and he was selfless. My wonder is if that wasn't just a con, and by that I am fully open to it being a con on himself to an extent where he thought he could be that guy....but maybe just can't.

I dunno.

I just think its a fair conversation to have

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                      Its Casey and McHale.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                        Its Casey and McHale.
                        And Hollins.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                          And Hollins.
                          He liked Adelman. Never heard about any run-ins with Hollin

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                            This is what I'm getting at. Lowry didn't change his talent last year, or his effort, that wasnt what made him good, or grabbed him a good contract. lowry bought in and played the par of leader, and he was selfless. My wonder is if that wasn't just a con, and by that I am fully open to it being a con on himself to an extent where he thought he could be that guy....but maybe just can't.

I dunno.

I just think its a fair conversation to have
                            It is possible, not that I would call it a con, but that Lowry was happy given the reigns to the team and the green light to have his way, and that that lasted as long as the team was winning. Everybody was happy. Once the games got tough, the losses piled up, the injuries started nagging and slowing him down, maybe then we saw "old Lowry" come back. Who knows. At this rate we probably won't hear anyone speak their minds until either Lowry or Casey are gone.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                              It is possible, not that I would call it a con, but that Lowry was happy given the reigns to the team and the green light to have his way, and that that lasted as long as the team was winning. Everybody was happy. Once the games got tough, the losses piled up, the injuries started nagging and slowing him down, maybe then we saw "old Lowry" come back. Who knows. At this rate we probably won't hear anyone speak their minds until either Lowry or Casey are gone.
                              Your post may have some substance. The following excerpt I found on the RR main page and taken from a RealGm piece. I kinda find it disturbing....

Rumors insist Lowry has never been fond of coach Casey. Not surprising considering Lowry has been deemed UN-coachable many times in his career. If you consider when this breakdown started (End of December) this was right after Lowry put the team on his back for 2 weeks. Clearly Lowry got cocky and tried to take the team away from Casey.

When the coach loses control of one player because this player thinks he’s above the coach, it’s almost inevitable you lose control of the entire team. I’m not gonna defend Casey, he deserves to be gone based on rotational and play calling mistakes, but you can’t entirely blame him because he’s not the first coach who couldn’t control Lowry. He even tried to mend the relationship by inviting Lowry to coaching meetings. Lowry is quite possibly this teams cancer.

If you bring in a soft coach like Casey or others who let the players have this much control, players like Lowry walk right over them and take over destroying the other players respect for their coach. (even if it’s a bad coach) And on the other hand, if you bring in a coach who takes control as the alpha dog, Lowry stops playing and fills the room with negativity like he did in Houston.

Lowry is that guy who NEEDS 100% control over everything or he’s not happy and disappears. Another example of this is when Rudy Gay temporarily joined the team and was given team leader status, lowry completely disappeared until he was traded and could take over the team again. If we aren’t getting the October/November Lowry back ever again, there’s no way we should keep a troublemaker like him.

The bold: If this is true then it surely had to be grating to eg. a DD who probably thought of himself as at least team leader 1A. If the starting PG is so temperamental it just breeds uncertainty. No different from the Rajon Rondo saga.

Comment

Listening to Jack Armstrong's interview last night on TSN. Let's just say, i don't think he's a Kyle Lowry fan. Jack calling Lowry bush league, disrespectful, thinks Lowry 'changed' after signing his contract.

Can't remember Jack calling out a player like that?

And i actually agree with Jack. I've been saying it ALL YEAR, Lowry's changed a lot. I see a more selfish player this year. I see a player that has over the top swag(not in a good way). And he got worse when he was named an all star starter. He probably thinks he's a superstar now, he can do whatever he wants.

I'm not a fan of this guy at all. I think we need to SELL HIGH.
                                Last edited by The Great One; Wed Apr 29, 2015, 12:55 PM.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X