Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exit interviews & MU's news conference - MLSE APPROVES D-LEAGUE TEAM!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
    Nicely Said.

I don't care what MU did say today and for the same matter did NOT say today.

Action speaks Louder than words.

2016 dream is pure BS and time to act is NOW !!! 2015 is a time to move and make the changes.

We have a coach that can not work with these group of guys, players that do not compliment each other, personal issues ( SF, PF, back up C, Pass first PG) that need attention now and ...

I don't care if he is talking about 2016 or using D-league to excite the fans or is just hiding his amazing plans for this year.

2015 is time to make the changes and compete.
    This is the Bryan Colangelo school of GM'ing. Doing something now for the sake of doing something now.

Never mind that the players and coach that you might really want are actually available this off-season. It takes 2 GMs to get a deal done, and like magoon said, you kind of need to work backwards from the teams that have a market for the type of assets that we're peddling. If the right deals are available this off-season, great, but I've got no problem waiting another 2-3 more years. It's already been 20. Casey aside, the real deadlines are: DD's contract expiring, JV's second contract & Lowry's trade value/health diminishing with age.

Casey's impact on asset value; however, might possibly be the most important decision for MU. Last season was great, but is Casey's system now doing more harm than good to player reps & their trade value, like what happened to Rudy Gay?

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
      Grange had a really good article on why MU will probably keep Casey and why it makes sense.

i don't want Casey here myself, but like i said, he makes some good points.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...a-coach-fired/
      I strongly disagree with Grange here, particularly the "last thing Raptors need on their plate is a search for a new HC." Absolute crap. Maybe Grange thinks that the 2016 offseason, with the biggest cap increase in league history, might be the right downtime for a HC search. Maybe he'd rather see them wait until 2017, when GMs also have the headache of a new CBA to deal with. Maybe he'd like it done in-season? I don't know. Please tell us Grange, when's a better time to conduct it? But I do know that right now, there's a month and a half before the draft, a couple months before free agency starts. That isn't enough time to conduct a head-coach search?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        This is the Bryan Colangelo school of GM'ing. Doing something now for the sake of doing something now.
        WRONG !!!!
        Enough Procrastination with the excuse of making any positive step toward the ultimate goal is " Bryn Colangelo school of GM'ing".

Perfection does not happen over night.
        You have to make small moves toward your goal.
        If 2016 is the year that you want to get that SUPER STAR to come to Toronto, you have to create an environment, a team that is attractive to that STAR.

We had 2 years of evaluation and re-evaluation and now we know what is WRONG with this team.

Some of us knew that from last summer but almost 95% of Raptor fans know it now after getting swept in the first round of play offs.

You want your star in 2016, fine, create a TEAM and CULTURE that makes that player want to come here.

Sticking to same coach and not addressing the team's need this summer and not taking the necessarily step to address the misfitting personnel will NOT get you the star player in 2016.

Again as I said, MU may have some grand plans that he is keeping close to chest and ...
        but for a fan like me, 2015 is a year that I need to see MU active.

This is the summer of MU and his HONEYMOON is over.
        Last edited by McRealistic; Tue Apr 28, 2015, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Never mind that the players and coach that you might really want are actually available this off-season. It takes 2 GMs to get a deal done, and like magoon said, you kind of need to work backwards from the teams that have a market for the type of assets that we're peddling. If the right deals are available this off-season, great, but I've got no problem waiting another 2-3 more years. It's already been 20. Casey aside, the real deadlines are: DD's contract expiring, JV's second contract & Lowry's trade value/health diminishing with age.

Casey's impact on asset value; however, might possibly be the most important decision for MU. Last season was great, but is Casey's system now doing more harm than good to player reps & their trade value, like what happened to Rudy Gay?
          Funny how everyone wanted BC gone to do a proper rebuild, and now just as it starts people wanna resort back to the BC mode of operation. I'm with you, I've waited this long for a proper GM to get them in a position to do something good. Will that happen? Who knows, but the next year and a bit will go further in determining that. There's no true stud players available this year that would bring us a chip next year anyways. Acquiring such players is going to take more time.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
            Grange had a really good article on why MU will probably keep Casey and why it makes sense.

i don't want Casey here myself, but like i said, he makes some good points.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...a-coach-fired/
            LOL, easily the biggest load of nonsense ive read in a long time.

Comment

• Masai managed to say pretty much nothing. He's one of the most secretive GM's in the NBA, which is good but also frustrating for someone who wants to know what's going on (most of us).

But, we will have a D-League team!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• I know it won't happen, but I would LOVE for the D-League team to be in Vancouver.

Hoping against hope!

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                  I know it won't happen, but I would LOVE for the D-League team to be in Vancouver.

Hoping against hope!
                  That's never going to happen. Already saw a tweet or something that said it would be stateside to simplify things. Can probably expect it to be somewhere in the Great Lakes area, obviously ideally somewhere like Buffalo or Rochester that's really close by.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    That's never going to happen. Already saw a tweet or something that said it would be stateside to simplify things. Can probably expect it to be somewhere in the Great Lakes area, obviously ideally somewhere like Buffalo or Rochester that's really close by.

Comment

I know it won't happen, but I would LOVE for the D-League team to be in Vancouver.

Hoping against hope!

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                        Greatest quote ever?

Its definitely up there.
                        That's gold, Jerry! Gold!
                        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                          Now if Casey stays, and we get the D-League team up and running this year, how much of Casey's coaching philosophies are carried over to the D-League staff?

Ideally, one would want the D-League team to mirror the NBA club style, and focus in developing the specific skills that best serve within that style. But that said, I don't want anything Casey uses on the D-League team. The scramble defence is a terrible scheme with so many talented ball handlers and shooters in the league. The offence foster poor decisions and habits if left unchecked. So If Casey stays, will Masai install a coaching staff in D-League that completely focuses on development in a broader sense, or are we doomed to see Bebe chasing 3 point shooters on Def and a bunch of chuckers on Off?
                          Omg you bring up something really interesting to me, they should install hidden cameras everywhere to focus on the d League coach. It might be the funniest thing ever to see he be told how to coach the way casey wants, imagine him being questioned for running an offensive, something continuous like the flex, or to watch the seen where they tell him to send every player back after a shot goes up so no one crashes the boards, or to see the look on his face when hes told he has to teach them to go under the screen every time regaurdless of if the player can shot or not. ohhh this one would be funny to hear his response when hes told to praise the players for taking long contested fade away twos. no coach you have to iso everything. i think im on to something hear.

Comment

Hoping against hope!
                            The Hamilton Steelfuckers....

Comment

There needs to be some kind of statute of limitations on invoking BC as an excuse for doing nothing.

Doing something now is NOT just for the sake of doing something now. It's for the sake of long-term planning, particularly in 2016.

If we stand pat for 2-3 more years, that's five years wasted. That would be the exact same result as BC, only we took a different route in getting there.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                                There needs to be some kind of statute of limitations on invoking BC as an excuse for doing nothing.

Doing something now is NOT just for the sake of doing something now. It's for the sake of long-term planning, particularly in 2016.

If we stand pat for 2-3 more years, that's five years wasted. That would be the exact same result as BC, only we took a different route in getting there.
                                I think the point is more you don't do something for the sake of it. You do something if it's the right move. If you make the wrong move you likely waste those years anyway. There's no need to do something just because you can this summer. That's just the wrong way to go about building a team.

That's like the Bulls signing Carlos Boozer. They would've been better off simply not making that move, but they had flexibility and there were a lot of big names on the free agent market. So they took the biggest name they could get at the position of biggest need and destroyed their ability to keep building the team for years.

Comment

Working...
                                X