Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exit interviews & MU's news conference - MLSE APPROVES D-LEAGUE TEAM!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haven't been able to watch (working). Reading through this thread, it looks like either Casey will go or lowry will go (or both). Does that sum it up?

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
      Haven't been able to watch (working). Reading through this thread, it looks like either Casey will go or lowry will go (or both). Does that sum it up?
      please be Casey.

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
        Wait he actually said that ? Why isn't anyone making a big deal about this lol
        lol he said it twice, first in the interview immediately after game 7 and then in the exit interview

tried finding the interviews but having troubles

Comment

• Please fire Casey now. I can't wait any longer
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
            Haven't been able to watch (working). Reading through this thread, it looks like either Casey will go or lowry will go (or both). Does that sum it up?
            Maybe both?

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
              He outright said that he knew during the winning stretch at the beginning of the season, during the games they expected/had to win, that they were winning using an offense that would fail in the playoffs.

Considering that MU had publically set the expectation for this team this season as reaching the 2nd round, saying that the team - players and coaches - would be evaluated by their playoff performance, sticking with an offensive style/strategy that he knew was destined to fail in the playoffs is enough all by itself to warrant his firing.

#FireCasey

#BackToWork
              He actually straight up said that? Wth! Can someone please show me proof of that. Pretty much it seems from reading what you guys have said Casey isn't dumb, he just didn't know how to fix the issues he noticed and he didn't have control of the lockeroom. If the guards would just change up plays and take quick shots and he knew that was bad but he just didn't or I think couldn't get them to stop they he had no authority. He HAS to go. Like Masai can't be that dumb. But for some odd reason I don't think he's going to get fired and that worries me.
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                He actually straight up said that? Wth! Can someone please show me proof of that. Pretty much it seems from reading what you guys have said Casey isn't dumb, he just didn't know how to fix the issues he noticed and he didn't have control of the lockeroom. If the guards would just change up plays and take quick shots and he knew that was bad but he just didn't or I think couldn't get them to stop they he had no authority. He HAS to go. Like Masai can't be that dumb. But for some odd reason I don't think he's going to get fired and that worries me.
                Don't worry, that's just what years of being a raps fan has done to you. Its normal

Comment

• Bandit wrote: View Post
                  Don't worry, that's just what years of being a raps fan has done to you. Its normal
                  Yup. *Sigh* I really let myself believe this season would be different. Never again
                  I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• jclaw wrote: View Post
                    haven't been able to watch (working). Reading through this thread, it looks like either casey will go or lowry will go (or both). Does that sum it up?
                    both!

Both!

Both!

Comment

Yup. *Sigh* I really let myself believe this season would be different. Never again
                      Now now now.

Weren't you telling me I was too negative a short time ago?

Snap out of that GLF!

You have until training camp to be positive and, maybe even, happy?

Now, if Casey is brought back and this team is brought back largely the same, I'll be on hold right there with you on the Crisis Hotline.

Comment

Yes he did. He said it was his fault for not implementing an offensive style/strategy, but that the team started winning and he let the bad habits develop, without trying to fix them:

- too much ISO play
                        - pace too fast
                        - not feeding the post enough
                        - not getting all players touches often enough (he mentioned later that every player should get a touch at least every 2/3 possessions)
                        - an offensive system that put pressure on his defense (the offense didn't give players enough time to get back and setup to run their detailed defensive scheme)

It was early in his interview that he said outright that he knew the offensive style/strategy utilized during the early winning streak would fail in the playoffs, for the reasons listed above. However, he did nothing to correct the problem that he knew existed - a problem that would lead to a failure in the playoffs, which is exactly what he and the team were going to be evaluated on (per MU).
                        Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Mon Apr 27, 2015, 05:07 PM.

Comment

• This guy really is clueless lmao!

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Lol they will trade somebody, change the coach and you'll be back. That's how they get you.
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

After the hot start & pathetic finish from this season, i don't think many people will get excited before april next year.
                              Anyone who Hypes up the team will be brought down with one simple word "SWEEP"

Comment

Well, based on the 20 years of Raptors basketball, this year was different. They made the playoffs. They don't normally do that. They won 49 games. Best ever. For about 2 months, they were one of the best teams in the NBA. Not sure that has ever happened before. At the end, it fell apart. But usually it falls apart before it even starts. So, that's progress.

Comment

Working...
                                X