Raptors & Their So Called Offense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors & Their So Called Offense

Maybe someone can clear this up for me. As potent as our offense can be at times, does anyone really have a clue what type of offense we run?

I see alot of 1-3-1 formations, but are we not doing more harm than good when we're taking our rebounders out of position by constantly have them either resting at the top of the key or in Bargnani's case camping out behind the 3 point line. No wonder he only averages 5 boards per game.

We rarely run plays in the post. And if we do, it always seems to be just to Bosh and rarely to Bargnani. Is it Andrea's fault because he'd rather set a high pick/screen and then roll off for the three's or is Triano's intent on offense to run 80% of their plays at either by the foul line or beyond the arc and ignore the post altogether? I'm a confused fan right now.

I don't think offense is a problem, yes there is room for improvement but its nowhere near as bad as our defense. I'm not sure what is up with our conditioning. The third quarter display last night was unexplainable, they were coming off a day off too.

I'm really not seeing anything special about our defense, and it was hyped a bit too much in the pre-season.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
      I don't think offense is a problem, yes there is room for improvement but its nowhere near as bad as our defense. I'm not sure what is up with our conditioning. The third quarter display last night was unexplainable, they were coming off a day off too.

I'm really not seeing anything special about our defense, and it was hyped a bit too much in the pre-season.
      True, but clock management on offense can really help your defense with respect to points given up. We're rushing things on offense. Watch tonight how we get the shot off anywhere between 10 to 15 seconds into the 24 second shot clock. I was paying a little more attention to it last night and noticed it quite a bit. The times where we became a little more patient and had great ball movement we were far more successful. Not rushing things which in turn gave our guys better looks. We must start using the clock to our advantage and not as a disadvantage so much.

Comment

The only actual "plays" that I have seen are:

1) High pick and roll

2) Jose running behind double low screen (the old MJ play)

3) Feed Bosh...wait for double..kick out...pass...pass...open 3 (or drive if covered)

Everything else is created by players working around those set plays.

We have some creative players, so it's working on most nights.
        http://www.raptorman.ca/
        raptorman@rogers.com
        Discounted Raptor Tickets
        *No Service Charges*

Comment

Working...
        X