Kyle trade ideas that make sense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyle trade ideas that make sense

1. To Milwaukee for Tyler Ennis, OJ Mayo, Damien Inglis and Milwaukee's #17 pick this year. Milwaukee doesn't have a true starting PG; it's their position of biggest need. Lowry works with their defense as Kidd's schemes and the overall crazy length that the Young Bucks possess will reduce his need to gamble. The Raps get two young prospects, an expiring for 2016 in Mayo, and a pick; this is about as good as Lowry will manage right now.

2. To Utah for Dante Exum, Alec Burks and Utah's 2017 first-rounder from Golden State. Utah accelerates their rebuild and becomes a Western contender more or less instantly. We get a promising young defensive PG, a solid wing and a future pick (not a great one, most likely, but it's not nothing).

3. To Sacramento for Nik Stauskas, Carl Landry and Sacramento's #6 pick this year. Probably this is too rich for Sacramento's blood but given that Vivek Ranadive is stupid, it's at least plausible. Lowry + Boogie on a Karl team is a truly terrifying thought.

I think you have way overvalued Lowry's worth.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I think the first proposal could be realistic enough in terms of value (maybe take out Inglis), but Milly just traded for MCW...who I want no part of as well, so I wouldn't want a deal that includes him. Just doesn't seem like an ideal trade partner

Can't see #2 happening. That's a lot of return for Lowry and I can't imagine Utah wanting to give up on Exum. He may be raw, but the kid still has a rare set of tools at the guard position.

I can see #3 happening only because it's Sacto and they're a mess.

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
        I think you have way overvalued Lowry's worth.
        All-Star, Eastern Player of the Month, was legitimately in the MVP conversation in the first half of the year, and his recent bad stretch was while he was playing through a back injury, of which the entire league is aware - and he's on a ridiculously reasonable contract.

I think a lot of people here are undervaluing Kyle based on their own disappointment.

Comment

I kinda like the 3rd option to be honest. I still have high hopes in stauskas, Landry adds a bench big, and with that 6th you might be able to grab Winslow, or Russel if he falls.

Comment

How about Philly (his hometown team)? I'd take either Embiid/Noel, Ish Smith and 1st rounder. Maybe if they strike out on the draft lottery again, they might wanna get some legit talent. They lost out on Wiggins last year, they traded their pg, and I believe they're targetting Mudiay or D'Angelo this year.

Comment

Biggest issue with trading Lowry right now and getting any value is there are not a lot of teams looking for PGs.

What teams might be looking for an upgrade at PG?
              Indiana
              NYK
              Houston
              Lakers (maybe - Clarkson had a nice end to season but he also has size to play SG)
              Sacramento

Also, with Lawson apparently wanting out and Denver willing to oblige, that puts another top tier PG on the market at the same time.

Personally, I think Houston makes the most sense. For a number of reasons:
              1) history
              2) recent desire to acquire (last year free agency)
              3) assets
              4) a very thin PG free agent market this coming summer.

#4 above is particularly important. Houston needs a PG who can play off ball and stick the 3. This summer you have Rondo, Mo Williams, and Lin. I didn't include Dragic, Jackson, or Knight because I don't think they leave their teams as Jackson and Knight are RFA and Dragic did not have Houston on his desired team list this past season. Looking at ROndo, he can't shoot nor play without ball. Lin has been done before and I don't think he would want to go back. That leaves Mo Williams who I think is a very good fit. So trade for Lowry or try to sign Mo Williams?

Assuming they trade for Lowry, I'd love to see:
              Beverly sign and traded
              #18, #31
              Capela

I actually don't think Capela is obtainable but they also have Jones and Montiejunas and McDaniels.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
                All-Star, Eastern Player of the Month, was legitimately in the MVP conversation in the first half of the year, and his recent bad stretch was while he was playing through a back injury, of which the entire league is aware - and he's on a ridiculously reasonable contract.

I think a lot of people here are undervaluing Kyle based on their own disappointment.
                Kyle was an allstar this year in the East where Rose and Rondo were out of consideration at the PG spots. I feel that will be his first and only allstar nod in his career. He has a history of injuries and has the body type and game that will leave him quickly as he gets on the wrong side of 30.
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                  Kyle was an allstar this year in the East where Rose and Rondo were out of consideration at the PG spots. I feel that will be his first and only allstar nod in his career. He has a history of injuries and has the body type and game that will leave him quickly as he gets on the wrong side of 30.
                  Biggest thing there is that he is 30. He really only fits into a team who wants to compete in the next 2-3 years.

@mcHAPPY Dont you think that Beverly is good enough for the Rockets? He provides 3 and d, which is really all they need considering Harden runs the offense. I agree they could use another ball handler but I dont think they need someone like Lowry. I bet they spend more time/money/assets on a pf, but I could be wrong.

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                    Biggest thing there is that he is 30. He really only fits into a team who wants to compete in the next 2-3 years.

@mcHAPPY Dont you think that Beverly is good enough for the Rockets? He provides 3 and d, which is really all they need considering Harden runs the offense. I agree they could use another ball handler but I dont think they need someone like Lowry. I bet they spend more time/money/assets on a pf, but I could be wrong.
                    I think they are fairly set at PF. They have Jones and Montiejunas and they also have Josh Smith who has fit in wonderfully in Houston.

Comment

Working...
                    X