TIME TO PANIC !!! What if Casey stays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not my favourite Grange piece.

So the bad play wasn't Casey's fault - the roster wasn't that good. Besides, how can you fire Casey after the team set regular season win records and made the playoffs two years in a row.

Wait a minute, don't those two statements contradict themselves? Didn't this roster just win more games than any Vince team, Bosh team, or any other team in 20 years of Raptors basketball? But it's too crappy to get a coach fired? Have the Raptors fired a coach before? Maybe I missed something.

Also, saying keep the coach so the players have to take the blame and man up all while noting that 5/6 of the team is coming off the books by next summer doesn't make any sense. Who's gonna man up and grow from this experience - all those players who won't be in Raptors uniforms by summer 2016? Those guys?

Meanwhile the most recently re-signed core player, Lowry, is the one who may having the hardest time with this coach. But DeMar is happy! One more season under contract DeMar, that is.

Lots of blame to go around for such a miserable end to a season, sure. But now we're back to citing the wins as a sign of success? Didn't we just argue all year about the cracks in the foundation and see that all come to fruition in an embarrassing four game sweep? The 49 wins mean jack in the worst division in one of the worst conferences in league history. This team is bad, and one of the worst parts of it is supposed to be your coach's specialty - the defence. Watch the games. It's ugly.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
      Only things Casey is good at is keeping his job, and buying spiffy suits
      Casey is a terrible dresser. His suits don't even fit him properly. He needs a good tailor.

Comment

Leaks out of MUs frony office?

Sounds a bit far fetched from what Ive seen so far.

Ill believe it when I see/hear it

Comment

DanH wrote:
          With that said, although I would much prefer to see Casey replaced, I am open to other solutions. All I'll say is if Casey is staying, there'd better be a lot of roster turnover, because what we have now is not working.
          slaw wrote: View Post
          I agree with Dan. If Casey stays then the roster needs to be rolled over to bring in guys that can play his defensive system. Plus, they need to start over with the offense. Not sure how you can change a roster and style of play like that and expect to win.
          If Casey stays, we would definitely have to find players for his system, but that premise and its resulting strategy seems so bizarre I'm not even sure where to begin. Talent rules unless you have elite-level coaching talent like Pop or Bud, and we have four years of evidence that Casey is nowhere near that level.

If Casey is retained and we spend our summer finding pieces to fit his system, I will spend all summer wondering what we're trying to do, why I follow basketball, and why I exist. That's assuming I don't spontaneously combust.

Comment

Do we need to start a protest? Must we force Masai's hand?

"If Casey stays, we won't."

Comment

Finally I can say "Fire Masai"
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Masai has until the trade deadline next season to get this team sorted. I think that's a fairly generous amount of time to put his plan in motion.
                "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                  Not my favourite Grange piece.

So the bad play wasn't Casey's fault - the roster wasn't that good. Besides, how can you fire Casey after the team set regular season win records and made the playoffs two years in a row.

Wait a minute, don't those two statements contradict themselves? Didn't this roster just win more games than any Vince team, Bosh team, or any other team in 20 years of Raptors basketball? But it's too crappy to get a coach fired? Have the Raptors fired a coach before? Maybe I missed something.

Also, saying keep the coach so the players have to take the blame and man up all while noting that 5/6 of the team is coming off the books by next summer doesn't make any sense. Who's gonna man up and grow from this experience - all those players who won't be in Raptors uniforms by summer 2016? Those guys?

Meanwhile the most recently re-signed core player, Lowry, is the one who may having the hardest time with this coach. But DeMar is happy! One more season under contract DeMar, that is.

Lots of blame to go around for such a miserable end to a season, sure. But now we're back to citing the wins as a sign of success? Didn't we just argue all year about the cracks in the foundation and see that all come to fruition in an embarrassing four game sweep? The 49 wins mean jack in the worst division in one of the worst conferences in league history. This team is bad, and one of the worst parts of it is supposed to be your coach's specialty - the defence. Watch the games. It's ugly.
                  The bold's an excellent point. The basic premise of the article just doesn't hold water. There's something a little stinky about the whole piece. To me, it read like Grange had been tipped off that Casey's staying, and is now playing the job of company man by crafting a narrative to help sell this decision.

Could be the same reason Jack Armstrong made such a strong endorsement of Casey.

Good times when the media are paid by the team that they're supposed to be covering.
                  Last edited by JimiCliff; Tue Apr 28, 2015, 05:53 AM.
                  "Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                    If Casey stays I will laugh so hard I'll vomit and then choke on my vomit and become a ghost and return to haunt the ACC for the next 100 years.
                    Scraptor wrote: View Post
                    If Casey is retained and we spend our summer finding pieces to fit his system, I will spend all summer wondering what we're trying to do, why I follow basketball, and why I exist. That's assuming I don't spontaneously combust.
                    Your dedication is inspiring. I'll match your 100 years.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• If Casey stays, I'll give this team 10 games before only watching Celtics games. I don't have enough time in life to watch more than 1 basketball team and I refuse to waste that time watching anything resembling this team.

#SaveUsMasai
                      #WWOD
                      #ProveEm

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                        I am only in mid 30s but after reading this I have suddenly and drastically aged:

Welcome to Raptors Republic

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                          Honestly, if this is true, then fuck masai ujiri. We're forever going to be a treadmill team.
                          Yeah exactly what he said would not be. Learning to lie must be a trait learned by all MLSE employees.

Comment

• jerome wrote: View Post
                            Did this article just suggested that no changes need to be made to the team????
                            He is drinking the MLSE kool aid that gives him free meals , hanging out with the team and traveling with the team. These guys cannot be trusted to do their jobs. MLSE is masterful at influencing the media.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                              MLSE is masterful at influencing the media.
                              MLSE literally owns the media.

Comment

• So is it matoority or machurity?

Comment

Working...
                                X