Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will what the Wizard do in the next round change your outlook on the series ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2KJ wrote: View Post
    I have the Wiz going all the way to the conference finals. They're fully healthy, have the best pg in the east, a solid side kick (Beal), a beastly frontcourt, and The Truth. They also have a pretty decent bench.

Nets are still damn good though. Brook is a beast and Deron Williams finally woke up. A Nets/Wiz matchup would also be interesting as Paul Pierce said that Deron didn't wanna be the guy in BK.
    Wiz don't have a good bench. The problem is we relied on our bench all season. But the playoffs is when the starters play the majority of minutes, making our bench strength kind of useless anyway.

Sent from my Samsung S6 using Tapatalk

Comment

at this stage we would have been lucky if Milwaukee didn't upset us...they took Chicago to 6 games, 5 of which were extremely competitive
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thought about it for a few minutes

1.) Wizards get convincingly swept

That would illustrate just how glaring the holes in both our roster and coaching staff are if a team manages to pick them apart.

2.) Wizards battle the number 1 seed to 6 or 7 tight, competitive games.

That would tell us they got hot at the right time, while also still illustrating we arent there yet.

Conclusion, we either have glaring roster and coaching deficiencies, or we need a retool and the coach can stay
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
          Means nothing. Raptors got destroyed by basic PnR's and got lit up by role players. If the Wizards do end up embarrassing their next opponent (the Hawks, let's be real), then that just means there's yet another pretender in the Eastern Conference.
          And if they move on and go toe to toe with the Bulls or Cavs, what then? Then Bulls and Cavs are pretenders too?
          your pal,
          ebrian

Comment

I saw pretty bad basketball from both teams, so it ain't like the Wizards played an efficient style of basketball throughout the series that proved their worthiness as a major playoff threat.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
              thought about it for a few minutes

1.) Wizards get convincingly swept

That would illustrate just how glaring the holes in both our roster and coaching staff are if a team manages to pick them apart.

2.) Wizards battle the number 1 seed to 6 or 7 tight, competitive games.

That would tell us they got hot at the right time, while also still illustrating we arent there yet.

Conclusion, we either have glaring roster and coaching deficiencies, or we need a retool and the coach can stay
              To point 2, the Nets took Atlanta to 6, I don't think Atlanta is a useful indicator of quality.

Only thing we can focus on is our own atrocious play, which again wasn't limited to one series but a few months.

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                And if they move on and go toe to toe with the Bulls or Cavs, what then? Then Bulls and Cavs are pretenders too?
                Embarrassing isn't quite the same as going toe to toe. Anyways, what I was trying to say was that the Wizards did nothing great in beating us this round. It was more a factor of our terrible play.

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                  Embarrassing isn't quite the same as going toe to toe. Anyways, what I was trying to say was that the Wizards did nothing great in beating us this round. It was more a factor of our terrible play.
                  Yeah, they beat us with basic P'n'R's, dribble drives and dishes by Wall, and Going small with PP at the 4.
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

It has begun. Washington 1, Atlanta 0.

Look, I'm not saying the Raptors didn't deserve to lose. They played horribly. This is more of indicator towards whether or not the Raptors were upset or not. Was this a first round upset? Based on seedings yes, based on talent no, because Washington was clearly the better team from an execution point and a talent point.

Both teams stumbled into the playoffs, but clearly Washington was a better team, and the evidence is not only the sweep but the fact they've already taken one in Atlanta now.
                    your pal,
                    ebrian

Comment

Hawks shot 25%. It'll be a game of adjustments

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                        It has begun. Washington 1, Atlanta 0.

Look, I'm not saying the Raptors didn't deserve to lose. They played horribly. This is more of indicator towards whether or not the Raptors were upset or not. Was this a first round upset? Based on seedings yes, based on talent no, because Washington was clearly the better team from an execution point and a talent point.

Both teams stumbled into the playoffs, but clearly Washington was a better team, and the evidence is not only the sweep but the fact they've already taken one in Atlanta now.
                        I said a long time ago that Atlanta was a regular season team, and I'm sticking by it.

Plus they've got injuries.

Brooklyn took two from them. Brooklyn is terrible.

I won't put any stock in the Wiz beating this team.

Now, if they can make the Cavs work, that'll be different.
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Looks like whittman has become what we were hoping Casey to become.
                          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                            Looks like whittman has become what we were hoping Casey to become.

"Stop eating your sushi."
                            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Forget this. The real question is...

Can Playoff Wittman lead the Wizards to the Finals or nah?

Comment

Look, even if Washington wins the CHAMPIONSHIP and sweeps everyone, which is obviously really really REALLY unlikely, that still only means for us that we're not good enough. Our loss was decisive enough that there's no way you can really spin it positively on our team's favor. It could only get worse, if Washington proceeds to hand the next four games to ATL, who, as many here said, is a good team but doesn't have the (wait for 'it'...) 'it' factor to succeed. That 'it' being a star. They lost twice to a horrible Brooklyn team. To me that was more than enough to convince me they wouldn't make it to the end.

Still, in ATL's case they have hope: with the kind of system they have, I believe they only need that final piece to contend. The Raptors have no such hope, I believe. We need a stable, quality system first, before we can attract or find that star. It's rare to get that franchise player, but it's even more rare to have a horrible organization and just luck into the guy. And when you do, he tends to leave anyways because of your incompetence.

Comment

Working...
                                X