No announcement yet.

2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As for the Raptors, I think there's more then meets the eye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      So it sounds like it is down to the Suns and Spurs for LMA. So no opportunities to use our cap space in that way. Waste of time...

So now I double down on my hope that we are chasing Harris.
      I thought it was good he was going to one of those 2?

Spurs won't be able to sign CoJo and if the goes to the Suns they'll have to clear more cap no? I was hearing Morris and Tucker?
      Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
      Because its 2015

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
        That's the funniest thing about the Kings, theyre really fucking up their last chance.
        No argument there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I thought it was good he was going to one of those 2?

Spurs won't be able to sign CoJo and if the goes to the Suns they'll have to clear more cap no? I was hearing Morris and Tucker?
          CoJo was a good plan if you trade DeMar for a PF, but that seems unlikely that this point.

I guess the Suns would work as a talent poaching opportunity. Good news is a lot of teams have eaten up their cap space - we won't have a lot of competition for giving salary relief to the Suns.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

So it sounds like it is down to the Suns and Spurs for LMA. So no opportunities to use our cap space in that way. Waste of time...

So now I double down on my hope that we are chasing Harris.
            Washburn tweeted that the Magic intend to match any offer for Harris, which is what Hennigan has been saying all year long. Only way we land him is via trade imo, and I'd be fine with sending assets to get him.

Comment

CoJo was a good plan if you trade DeMar for a PF, but that seems unlikely that this point.

I guess the Suns would work as a talent poaching opportunity. Good news is a lot of teams have eaten up their cap space - we won't have a lot of competition for giving salary relief to the Suns.
              I still think adding CoJo is worth it, even if we keep DeMar. We have a major talent shortage on this team.

My ideal move if we get CoJo would be to move Ross to Houston for T.Jones
              Because its 2015

Comment

• If we throw an offer sheet at COJO for 6 million would that fuck up the Spurs chance of getting Aldridge?
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Once we hit the cap can we go over it to resign Lou Williams?
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                    Once we hit the cap can we go over it to resign Lou Williams?
                    Yes because we own his bird rights?
                    Because its 2015

Comment

If we throw an offer sheet at COJO for 6 million would that fuck up the Spurs chance of getting Aldridge?
                      This sounds suspiciously like Landry Fields the Sequel.

Comment

• I was just trying to see if there was a scenario where we can snag COJO, retain Lou and trade for Taj Gibson

Comment

• Most of the big pieces have chosen teams. Once Aldridge chooses trading should open up again.

Go get a PF Masai!
                          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• To retain Lou's Bird Rights, we have to keep his cap hold on the cap. If his cap hold is on the cap, we cannot sign Carroll. Its tight though - let's say we could just fit his cap hold into our cap space and sign Carroll. Then we still don't have cap room to sign any free agents because Lou's cap hold is in the way.

Long story short, no we cannot sign free agents and then go over the cap to sign Lou.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

If we throw an offer sheet at COJO for 6 million would that fuck up the Spurs chance of getting Aldridge?
                              Nope. They'd have three days before they had to match, so it comes down to whether they can sign Aldridge with only CoJo's cap hold in place. If they can, then they can sign him and then match to go over the cap. If they can't, then they have to renounce his rights whether we offer sheet him or not, so we might as well wait and just sign him as an UFA in that case.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I still think adding CoJo is worth it, even if we keep DeMar. We have a major talent shortage on this team.

My ideal move if we get CoJo would be to move Ross to Houston for T.Jones

With Houston out of the running for LMA, I doubt they move Jones unless there's a lot coming back. Maybe Ross plus two draft picks or something.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X