2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katman wrote: View Post
    Similar to what Boozer did to Cleveland. So glad we didn't sign the douche bag
    or what Turkeyglue did to Portland
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      Listen i'm not a Mavs fan but i'm outraged. Jordan SCREWED them hard. This is bush league stuff. He ruined the Mavs season before it begins.
      The Mavs weren't going to win a title with Jordan and they're not going to win a title without Jordan.

Mark Cuban got exceptionally lucky in 2011 by shooting the moon and surrounding Dirk with free agents, and ever since then he's decided he can just do that every goddamn year but Dirk's getting older and older and Dallas keeps whiffing on the big agents because they don't do internal development like AT ALL, they just trade their picks and their prospects for veterans who aren't enough to get that ring.

Since 2011 Dallas has traded the following picks or prospects:

Jordan Hamilton
      Jae Crowder
      Tyler Zeller
      Mitch McGary
      Shane Larkin
      Russ Smith
      Thanasis Antetokounmpo

Many of those guys aren't going to be starter material (Crowder probably is; McGary and Zeller both have a good chance) but so what? That's at least the makings of a quality bench right there, a bench Cuban traded away for veterans who didn't pan out (most infamously, Rajon Rondo).

Dallas isn't going to be truly competitive for years. Their big free agent signing this year is Wes Matthews, a guy who's coming off an Achilles injury and may not be the same player any more. They should start the tank now. Trade Parsons (Parsons will net at least one first-rounder and possibly two). Trade Matthews later in the season if Matthews has anything decent left (he's worth a first if he's still healthy, possibly more). Get a bunch of kids and prospects and just rebuild.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
        also, i hope Dirk doesn't go anywhere. would be way too weird seeing him in another jersey.
        Unless he comes here, right?
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• i'm a big dirk fan but adding him this late in his career, coached by casey, doesn't make us a contender.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• whatre the chances of DD being dealt along with someone like Patterson to make a splash trade at PF?

Comment

• jonnym8 wrote: View Post
              whatre the chances of DD being dealt along with someone like Patterson to make a splash trade at PF?
              Absolutely zero. DD lured Demarre here, and is our guy COME HELL OR HIGH WATER.

Comment

• jonnym8 wrote: View Post
                whatre the chances of DD being dealt along with someone like Patterson to make a splash trade at PF?
                at this point virtually nil
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• 92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
                  Absolutely zero. DD lured Demarre here, and is our guy COME HELL OR HIGH WATER.
                  that is unfounded.

There is no proof outside of a tweet pointing to a usa today article...and the usa article says nothing about Demar being in the recruiting.

All other reports are out of Toronto, also tying the reports to USA today article

Comment

• Dallas will be interesting. Their pick is gone next year, if it's outside top 7, because of the Rondo deal. They either need to tank really hard, or it's a completely wasted season. I suspect they'll make Parsons available, and probably Wes Matthews too later this year when they are allowed to trade him.

Comment

• i just feel like masai is far from done making waves in either FA or trades. an article awhile back stated he felt as if the core of KL DD JV had reached peak performance and wanted a change. Something tells me neither of them are safe, despite how much we want them to be

Comment

• @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Godfather Carroll.

Comment

• Yeah, I still think this lineup is the lineup on opening night, but it is good to have all that flexibility for a trade anytime this season or at next year's draft.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• fair enough lol that helps then. the article is a couple weeks old anyways so im assuming along with all the signings, alot has changed in terms what deals he wants done

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post

The Raptors have enough assets now to pull off something 'special' when the time is right.

Comment

Working...
                                X