No announcement yet.

2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S&t Hans to Phoenix as part of a package for Kieff, Kieff can start and keep 2pat on the bench, 6th man role. Maybe this year Casey will remember he has an amazing midrange and off the dribble game too.

Comment

• caccia wrote: View Post
      Tyler Hansbrough was #15 among power forwards in RPM according to ESPN, just ahead of Pau Gasol and Kenneth Faried. He may not spread the floor much but he can rebound and shot for a career high percentage and TS% last year.
      I'm a fan of Tyler coming back as a decent fallback choice, and agree that there are not many better options at this point. I notice Luis Scola, who has a significantly higher RPM, is also still available.

Comment

• Kuh wrote: View Post
        I'm a fan of Tyler coming back as a decent fallback choice, and agree that there are not many better options at this point. I notice Luis Scola, who has a significantly higher RPM, is also still available.
        Higher than Gooden, certainly, who has a -.36 RPM, but behind Hansbrough (+2.46), James Johnson (+1.99), and only just ahead of Patterson (+.34). We have the usual quiet before the storm surrounding the Toronto Raptors front office. The quiet regarding Hansbrough is uncanny.

Comment

• What about going after Speights in Golden State? Or will he be too valuable for them once they shed David Lee?

I always liked Speights, a big that can get you some buckets and rebounds, defend a bit.
          Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
          Because its 2015

Comment

• caccia wrote: View Post
            Higher than Gooden, certainly, who has a -.36 RPM, but behind Hansbrough (+2.46), James Johnson (+1.99), and only just ahead of Patterson (+.34). We have the usual quiet before the storm surrounding the Toronto Raptors front office. The quiet regarding Hansbrough is uncanny.
            All the rpm talk is understandably smelling of desperation here. It's a good example of using stats as the argument rather than part of the argument.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
            "Bruno?
            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• I wouldn't mine Boozer even at his age his still a very good defensive rebounder. Which is one of our needs. He still a pick n pop threat.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Henry_Chinaski wrote: View Post
                Here's an article about Morris brothers, their charges and their behavior in general:
                http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/20...lt-foolishness

After reading this I don't think Ujiri considers Markieff as an option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                An informative piece. It reminded me of Jeff Hornacek's public statement after a game in Phoenix where the Suns blew out the Raptors early this year..."we could have won by 40 if we left our starters in". The timelines of the article happen to begin coincidentally after that event. If the coach shows that kind of disrespect to an opposing team after a beat down the players can pick up on that stuff (cheap bravado). Casey was pretty pissed off at that statement as well.

I think there is also a lingering headbutting posture between Toronto & the Suns after the Ennis drafting and possible "extortion" attempts by their GM so I dont expect much to happen between the 2 teams unless their guy thinks he is putting one over Masai.

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                  What about going after Speights in Golden State? Or will he be too valuable for them once they shed David Lee?

I always liked Speights, a big that can get you some buckets and rebounds, defend a bit.
                  not a bad idea, especially as a backup. i think GS just picked up his option though. wonder if they'd be open to trading him for ridnours contract. could give them a little much needed money.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• i can't stress not signing boozer enough and every member here that suggests we get him is dead to me
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Stooley wrote: View Post
                      All the rpm talk is understandably smelling of desperation here. It's a good example of using stats as the argument rather than part of the argument.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                      God help us all if we sign Drew Gooden. At least Boozer is entertaining. That's my argument.

Comment

• From Zach Lowe's free agency winners and losers (he rated us "TBD"):

Toronto Raptors: I’m intrigued. Toronto has emphasized defense, 3-and-D wing play, and Canadian-ness in an interesting summer so far. Let’s see how the Raptors fill out the front line, which will hint at how serious they are about playing both DeMarre Carroll and James Johnson heavy minutes as small-ball power forwards. Toronto probably doesn’t want to start a Patrick Patterson–Jonas Valanciunas frontcourt after that pairing struggled on defense last season.

Comment

• Strongly believe we should snag Kieff, start him at the 4... And grab a vet combo guard for leadership, somebody like Andre Miller as a third string guard for the vet min ?

KLow / CoJo / Miller
                          Deebo / Wright
                          Carroll / JJ
                          Kieff / 2pat
                          JV / BB

+ Bruno, Bebe & either Daniels or Powell depending on who goes overseas and who sticks around for the D league affiliate 905

Id call that a successful offseason

Comment

• Kieff sounds like a wannabe tough guy, pass.

Comment

• Could we maybe just pass on the guy who's probably a rapist

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                                In the post you quoted, I used one stat to discuss the current or potential roster rather than as an argument. We have no influence on what the front office is doing, though management and coaches can sometimes be pressured by public opinion. (Bring a Canadian home!) Mr. Ujiri rarely lets any leaks out so it's unusually difficult to get a read on what he is thinking, but surely the holes in the roster are self evident. The RPM is far from a favourite statistic of mine but it does give you some idea of who the worst power forwards are, among them Carlos Boozer, Charlie Villanueva, Andrew Nicholson, J. J. Hickson, and Anthony Bennett. Wins Above Replacement will tell you the same thing.

Back to work.
                                Last edited by caccia; Tue Jul 7, 2015, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X