2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stooley wrote: View Post
    A treadmill team doesnt have four picks in the next two drafts, a couple pretty good prospects on the team already and plenty of cap space through the next few years.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Yep, the way Masai is stealing other teams' picks for nothing, I'm not worried. The team won close to 50 games for two seasons without good health or chemistry for parts of those seasons. Lots of picks and flexibility going forward. The East is wide open. I'm excited.

Comment

• Wiz look to be dumping Nene for cap relief. Not saying I want him.. but he'd be a plan D type of pick up.

Comment

• "Concurrent with their pursuit of David West, I'm told Wizards continue to shop Nene but clinging to hope they can trade him into cap space"

Wow !!!

What is his contract situation ?

Comment

• the "harris doesn't try on defense" comments are completely wrong. he actually works very hard on defense.

he's also a better defender when playing minutes at the 4 than as a 3 chasing around perimeter players.

couple other things about Harris that makes him an excellent addition:

he's a terrific entry pass player. most of his assists came from feeding Vucevic. he works exceptionally well out of the high post.

he's one of only four players in NBA history who ever averaged at least 18 points and seven rebounds while shooting over 40 percent from beyond the arc before the age of 23. those players are kevin love, shareef abdur rahim and chris webber.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
            Yep, the way Masai is stealing other teams' picks for nothing, I'm not worried. The team won close to 50 games for two seasons without good health or chemistry for parts of those seasons. Lots of picks and flexibility going forward. The East is wide open. I'm excited.
            We have young talent but still havent really shown to develop it well. Thats my biggest concern. If the upcoming young talent is used a a scapegoat for casey then i dont see this approach working.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
              "Concurrent with their pursuit of David West, I'm told Wizards continue to shop Nene but clinging to hope they can trade him into cap space"

Wow !!!

Masai should know

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                the "harris doesn't try on defense" comments are completely wrong. he actually works very hard on defense.

he's also a better defender when playing minutes at the 4 than as a 3 chasing around perimeter players.

couple other things about Harris that makes him an excellent addition:

he's a terrific entry pass player. most of his assists came from feeding Vucevic. he works exceptionally well out of the high post.

he's one of only four players in NBA history who ever averaged at least 18 points and seven rebounds while shooting over 40 percent from beyond the arc before the age of 23. those players are kevin love, shareef abdur rahim and chris webber.
                Everything ive seen and read points to him not trying on defense (although yes e was a bit better in his contract year) and didnt he shoot 36 % from three this year?

Biggest issue offensively is that he wont help make the offense flow. If you think you can fix that and get a bit more effort on defense than i have no problem paying the guy. Im just not sure casey is that type of guy...

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                  Masai should know
                  Hahahaha, very true.

He is a expiring $13 million contract. I hope we go after him.

Comment

• Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                      "Concurrent with their pursuit of David West, I'm told Wizards continue to shop Nene but clinging to hope they can trade him into cap space"

Wow !!!

His contract status is $13m for one more year of a PF/C who has never managed to crack even 8 rpg. Also, he is frequently injured for anywhere between 35% and 99% of the season. He's kind of a bigger, injury-prone Patrick Patterson without a three point shot. And he'd be the second highest paid player on the Raptors.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post

Love how this guy has made a career out of stating the obvious.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                          Masai should know
                          lol
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                            He doesnt pass much and he doesnt try on defense. People like him because he is a good scorer who appears to have a pretty good three point jumpshot. Because he is just like 22 people think that with the proper coaching to motivate him to develop good habbits in terms of passing and defense he will be a great player. My biggest concern is that the raps have a stagnant offense and a shity defense
                            You're kind of putting it in a bad light.
                            Is he perfect? no. But if he was perfect we wouldn't have a chance at getting him.

James Harden wasn't perfect when the trade to Houston was made either. You take the risk with high upside players and hope they prove the naysayers wrong. There really isn't another option in picking up a star in FA these days for teams that aren't already loaded.

Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post
                              Love how this guy has made a career out of stating the obvious.
                              obvious maybe but if you search through the PF thread, we're really just focusing on which free agents are still out there. As with this recent Nene development (not suggesting him), a PF signed to any team may be in play if there are other pieces moving.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                                Everything ive seen and read points to him not trying on defense (although yes e was a bit better in his contract year) and didnt he shoot 36 % from three this year?

Biggest issue offensively is that he wont help make the offense flow. If you think you can fix that and get a bit more effort on defense than i have no problem paying the guy. Im just not sure casey is that type of guy...
                                i copy and pasted that piece, yeah i think it was meant to be FG% in general. his 2PT% is .500 which is pretty crazy, overall was .466. better corner 3 shooter than otherwise.
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X