2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R. wrote: View Post
    I actually really like the thought of LMA playing next to JV, and really dislike the thought of LMA playing next to DD. Those guys will be standing next to each other 18 ft from the basket and jumping up and down like Deion Waiters. Seeing Casey try to incorporate both of their offensive games would make our eyes bleed (the usage rates and the mid-range %'s....ugh).

Signing LMA and trading DD would be a great, great offseason though.
    But having the opportunity to play with 2 other all-stars is the sell to LMA right? Trading DD would negate that possibility.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Bear wrote: View Post
      well there is lowry, and how is this other?

if you are referring to Demar, I would strongly disagree as Demar is a high usage player who is only somewhat effective in the area in which Lamarcus owns and operates.

Demar would need to be a wes Mathews in order to work well with LA, and demar can do basically nothing that Mathews can
      I don't think I can handle any more talk about DeMar.... I might lose my mod powers going on a mod bender
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
        I don't think I can handle any more talk about DeMar.... I might lose my mod powers going on a mod bender
        The Demar hate is about to hit an all-time high now that there's word of his wishes to seek the max. If I'm Demar, I'd do the same.
        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
          I'm happy to hear that LA wants to give T-Dot a chance. So whatever happened to the classic, small-ball Golden State copy-cat if we're going with an old-school power-forward and centre? Just wondering. I love the rumour but would love to hear if LA coming here would be a step-back from the "new NBA".
          IMO, JV and LA would probably be the best front court pairing in the league (at least in theory based on play style and talent) LA and JV would be able to protect the rim well enough and punish small ball in the post. Especially if you can put out a wright and aminu defensive combo to help them

Comment

But having the opportunity to play with 2 other all-stars is the sell to LMA right? Trading DD would negate that possibility.
            Yeah, not really an issue imho if "2 All-Stars" is part of the sales pitch and DD were traded later on. If the return package is better for the Raps, that's all you tell LA at that point. We just made the team better. Then Lowry Tweets "it's a business" and everybody moves on
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Bandit wrote: View Post
              IMO, JV and LA would probably be the best front court pairing in the league (at least in theory based on play style and talent) LA and JV would be able to protect the rim well enough and punish small ball in the post. Especially if you can put out a wright and aminu defensive combo to help them
              One thing I do know is that LMA hates playing centre and having JV on his side eases things for him. That and the fact that JV would be very low on the offensive pecking order. If LMA doesn't sign, we still have Millsap to go after!

Comment

That's a big point that kept coming up about countering small ball this post-season - you have to have bigs who can punish the small ball units on the offensive end, and so many bigs don't have the post skills to do that. JV and LA do.

Comment

2 other all-stars: Lowry (past) and JV (future)

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                    I actually really like the thought of LMA playing next to JV, and really dislike the thought of LMA playing next to DD. Those guys will be standing next to each other 18 ft from the basket and jumping up and down like Deion Waiters. Seeing Casey try to incorporate both of their offensive games would make our eyes bleed (the usage rates and the mid-range %'s....ugh).

Signing LMA and trading DD would be a great, great offseason though.

Demar really worked on his distribution and playmaking down the stretch last year I felt like. If that continues and he accepts that role and lets LA/JV carry a large part of the offensive burden demar could become great for us.

A LA demar pick and role could be a very nice tandem.

JV should be able to further increase his efficiency too, if the premier post defender is worried about LA then JV should be able to go HAM off the ball.

As long as demar isn't the main shooter and can focus on getting to the rim/finding the open man they should be devestating

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      I think LMA wants to be the man.. and he has that option in Toronto. That's what I would be selling him on.
                      I hope DD and KL attend the meeting for recruitment purposes.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                        2 other all-stars: Lowry (past) and JV (future)
                        + Bruno in 2018!!

Couldn't resist

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                          This is my thinking.

I'd rather sign Love.
                          Well, I'd sign Love too because he's younger. But he's not going anywhere, I think. It would be silly of him to leave Cleveland, a better team, more money, to go to the Raptors.

Ignoring their age, I would rather have LaMarcus. He adds much more to Raptors' defense than Love does. Also, while he's not the most efficient player, opposing teams always piss their pants at his combination of shooting, driving and post up game. He draws a couple defenders when he touches the ball, and a couple guys are usually close to him even when he doesn't have the ball. That gets people open. Maybe his own raw efficiency doesn't look great, but he still helps your offense a ton.

Comment

Demar really worked on his distribution and playmaking down the stretch last year I felt like. If that continues and he accepts that role and lets LA/JV carry a large part of the offensive burden demar could become great for us.

A LA demar pick and role could be a very nice tandem.

JV should be able to further increase his efficiency too, if the premier post defender is worried about LA then JV should be able to go HAM off the ball.

As long as demar isn't the main shooter and can focus on getting to the rim/finding the open man they should be devestating
                            A Team USA Demar would have potential with a new coach, but I'll believe it when I see it with Casey. Of all the DeMar's we've seen, that one is definitely my fave.

Comment

LA is not my favourite player by a long shot.
                              I see what you did there... 😏
                              A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                                I can't wrap my head around the thought that a legit superstar is willing to meet with the raptors.
                                It actually makes sense, though. Raps can offer him the max. Raps don't have to gut the roster to do so. Raps have a big centre beside him, so doesn't have to play many minutes there. He gets to play in the East rather than the West, so he has a way better shot at a Finals appearance. Raps will still have cap room next year and would have a legit star to assist in recruiting.

I think there is a very, very small chance of this happening but it does make all sorts of sense for both sides and would be awesome for us fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X