2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter N wrote: View Post
    You're kind of putting it in a bad light.
    Is he perfect? no. But if he was perfect we wouldn't have a chance at getting him.

James Harden wasn't perfect when the trade to Houston was made either. You take the risk with high upside players and hope they prove the naysayers wrong. There really isn't another option in picking up a star in FA these days for teams that aren't already loaded.
    I would've absolutely taken that risk with Harden, he was a great player back then already, and I think most people saw it. Heck, Harden wasn't even bad on defense in OKC, he looked like an all around star. OKC owner just got cheap and totally messed up.

If Masai takes a chance on Harris, whatever, I'll root for the guy and hope for the best. But I don't think he's at all worth the max so far, even with the cap jump, and he's been kind of injury prone, mainly ankle issues. Good career year where he tried harder, but 17 mil -ish a year seems a huge gamble to me.

Comment

• breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
      The paint will be far to crowded for JV and Tristan... Would doom JV's career
      How so?

Comment

• Read that Celtics are out of the bidding for Harris. Apparently the Magic will match any offer after they lost out on Milsap. Too bad for the Raps (and others thinking of an offer).

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
          You're kind of putting it in a bad light.
          Is he perfect? no. But if he was perfect we wouldn't have a chance at getting him.

James Harden wasn't perfect when the trade to Houston was made either. You take the risk with high upside players and hope they prove the naysayers wrong. There really isn't another option in picking up a star in FA these days for teams that aren't already loaded.
          I guess i did mostly point out question marks lol. He is a great scorer who scores in a variety of ways making him well advanced from others around his age. My concern is that the raps wont continue to develop him properly. Even if he stays as is, he is a great scorer. if the raps were looking to get ride of dd i would love that pickup but with him and dd together the offense might be very stagnant and the raps dont really need a guy with his talents. I still would go after him and hope to enforce good passing and defensive habits tho because as you said he has star potential. I just have concerns.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
            Read that Celtics are out of the bidding for Harris. Apparently the Magic will match any offer after they lost out on Milsap. Too bad for the Raps (and others thinking of an offer).
            This has been the norm this summer. I was just listening to ESPN and they were saying at no other time, teams matched their players like this summer. The jump in Cap is taking the fear of Luxury tax away and teams know that they will not be tied down with the cap situations.

It is really too bad for Raptors who were trying to have a future flexibility and ...

Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post
              Love how this guy has made a career out of stating the obvious.
              Seriously, did this guy ever come up with some breaking news or something insightful ?

Comment

Shots fired!

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post

Must be a clear market out there for it then. Kudos to him for being the one to tap in.

Comment

• Not getting LMA and Matthews, what now? Are we going after lesser talents like Jordan Hill, Brandon Bass, Darrel Arthur, let alone Nene.

Comment

• I smell a trade blooming now, not much of worth left available in regards to Free agency...so a trade seem most logical

Comment

• I still hope LMA comes to toronto.

Comment

• I'm glad we missed on Matthews. I love the shooting, but that had us staying too small and stubby.

Comment

• I'd rather play the young lads or make a trade. There's nobody left in FA that would make a huge difference to our team.

Comment

• Resign Lou and trade for Taj Gibson
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                Resign Lou and trade for Taj Gibson
                                No thank you.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X